Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..

Go down 
+5
ultmetal
Necrosultan
Schbopo
XYZ
plancha7
9 posters
AuthorMessage
plancha7
Metal novice
Metal novice
plancha7

Number of posts : 35

Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Empty
PostSubject: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:38 pm

I've been listening to a DIO bootleg called 'Innocent & Damned' recorded live at Hammersmith, London on the '87 Dream Evil tour; and it's absolutely fantastic. The band is on absolute fire and the sound quality is clear but manages to retain all the rawness and energy that must have been present at that gig. I think i actually like it more than any 'official' live DIO release. Check out the monstrously heavy 'Heaven & Hell' from this gig here or here (7mb). Awesome!

Can you think of any bootlegs than you think surpasses official releases?
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Probably anything by Van Halen (Live: Right Here, Right Now was forgettable).
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Countless Phish bootlegs are better than their countless live albums
Back to top Go down
Necrosultan
Metal novice
Metal novice
Necrosultan

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 10:50 pm

Only Hellhammer's Satanic Rites comes to mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:10 am

Black Sabbath - Live In Asbury Park 1975

A few songs from this show were released on "Past Lives", but they should have put out the entire concert. Much better than Live At Last.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:16 am

Dio - Live at the Spectrum. I like this one so much better than the official Intermission LP. I would love to have that Innocent and Damned concert. Maybe we can work out a trade. I have tons of boots I could trade for.

Aerosmith - Look Homeward Angel is one of my all time favorite bootlegs. Great recording from '75 from NYC.

Thin Lizzy - Storming the Tower. This one was officially released on CD and vinyl recently. The official release is cool but only includes 10 songs, whereas the concert was recorded over two nights with at least 16 songs on each night. It was recorded at the Tower Theater in Philadelphia in 1977. The bootleg includes the entire show from the first night.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:41 am

I have to agree with XYZ, Van Halen bootlegs are about 100% better than the official live Van Halen album.

Black Sabbath's various bootlegs of Tony Martin era and short lived Ian Gillan era are so excellent and better than the offical live CD 'Cross Purposes Live'
Back to top Go down
plancha7
Metal novice
Metal novice
plancha7

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:34 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Dio - Live at the Spectrum. I like this one so much better than the official Intermission LP. I would love to have that Innocent and Damned concert. Maybe we can work out a trade. I have tons of boots I could trade for.
Sadly, i only have the bootleg in mp3. Downloaded from here; http://vivalesbootlegs.blogspot.com

(not my site)
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:55 pm

there are so many of better bootlegs than official live recording.
i got tons of it, i can't name it.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:15 am

detuned wrote:

A few songs from this show were released on "Past Lives", but they should have put out the entire concert. Much better than Live At Last.

Agree! The best live show with ozzy ever IMHO! The band is at there best. I saw this tour at Winterland great show!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:01 am

assault_attack wrote:
detuned wrote:

Agree! The best live show with ozzy ever IMHO! The band is at there best. I saw this tour at Winterland great show!!!!!!!!

That concert was recorded on my 5th birthday!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 2:35 pm

I have a Black Sabbath one called Born In Hell with Ian Gillan that is great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:24 pm

nevermore wrote:
I have a Black Sabbath one called Born In Hell with Ian Gillan that is great.

Is that the Worcester MA gig?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..   Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bootlegs that are as good as, if not better than official releases..
Page 1 of 1