Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?

Go down 
+19
Leatherface
Required Fields
nevermore
tul
XYZ
Zdan
Lurideath
manny
spiritoradio
James B.
akeldama
ultmetal
Lari
7thSaviour
GrandNational
MetalH
Glenn Rogers
TrogDawn
candlemass
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Bill Ward
Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 26 ]
Vinny Appice
Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 6 ]
Bev Bevan
Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Eric Singer
Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Cozy Powell
Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
Bobby Rondinelli
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 39

AuthorMessage
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 6:54 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:
I love Bill and think that he is a great drummer, but I think that Vinny played just a little bit better.

I'm w/the MN kid. But I'll back an Appice in every poll.

Thanks, we gotta stick together or they will overrun us.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:47 pm

Nice season up there, btw, SoR! Might actually have somethin' going the next year and two if they can keep recruiting like that. I admit, I was cheering for Bemidji the other night. I guess we can say - Welcome to the WCHA next year! That will end up being your main enemy - I guarantee it!!

What were we talkin' 'bout again? Oh yeah - the Dio-era Rules!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:36 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:

I think you'll be happy with the new album...
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:22 pm

I still prefer Carmine's work over Vinny's, Appice-speaking. Both are awesome drummers, though.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:45 pm

Bill. Cozy was great, but I gotta give the nod to Ward.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: Cozy   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:15 pm

In terms of playing Cozy was the best. However when talking about sound, Bill Ward was very important for the Sabbath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:07 pm

I end up voting for Cozy everytime. Anyone remember that ELP he played on? Made them more of a power group but boy, he was good on it.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:27 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Nice season up there, btw, SoR! Might actually have somethin' going the next year and two if they can keep recruiting like that. I admit, I was cheering for Bemidji the other night. I guess we can say - Welcome to the WCHA next year! That will end up being your main enemy - I guarantee it!!

Yeah it was! It was a hell of a season. The best since '85. Our goalie, Alex Stalock, who recorded 2 shutouts in the tournament, the only goalie to do that, is not coming back for his senior year, but is going to the San Jose Sharks! Good for him, but bad for us. Bemidji was a total sleeper team this year. It's crazy how things work like that.

Oh by the way Dio
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Bill Ward
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Mr. Appice is my favorite, but Cozy was the technical winner.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:01 pm

MetalH wrote:
Voted for Bill Ward.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:14 am

Ward is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:08 am

Like everything it's all a matter of taste. Appice's style is to play ever so slightly behind the beat, just his natural thing (not a put down whatsoever). I prefer a drummer that varies, sometimes a little ahead, sometimes behind...that creates a dynamic push and pull, helps to make the songs breathe more.

I just listened to a bootleg yesterday from the 1980 Heaven & Hell tour when Ward was still behind the drum kit...it's a very different experience hearing that band live with Ward. There's more of an improvisational feel to the group. Appice keeps things very tight, but I prefer Sabbath with a looser feel.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:28 am

I think Ward was an integral part of what made Sabbath, well Sabbath. Being a kid of the 70's, it was difficult not to hear it.
My learning the drums came from playing along to records with headphones and Sabbath was a constant tool in my growth as a player.

Amazing how nobody gave any love to Eric Singer, he is very talented. Guess the gun 4 hire attribute has come back to haunt the man ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:41 am

Yeah, Eric Singer was fantastic (despite that late 80's drum sound). I still look at those albums with either Hughes or Martin on vocals as more "Tony Iommi solo albums" than actual Sabbath releases. But that's just my own personal twisted view. Cross Purposes comes "close" because it at least had Geezer on board.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:51 am

detuned wrote:
Yeah, Eric Singer was fantastic (despite that late 80's drum sound). I still look at those albums with either Hughes or Martin on vocals as more "Tony Iommi solo albums" than actual Sabbath releases. But that's just my own personal twisted view. Cross Purposes comes "close" because it at least had Geezer on board.

Tony Martin was really, really good. The solo label fits well, but we all know that "marketing" is KING. I liked Singer's playing on Paul Stanley's club tour alot. Badlands is well, Badlands Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:53 am

Ward by a mile!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:37 am

detuned wrote:

I would say Headless Cross sounds more like a Sabbath lp than that one though. IMO the only two lp's that don't really sound like Sabbath are Seventh Star and Forbidden, in fact Fused sounds more like Sabbath than those two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:39 am

detuned wrote:
Like everything it's all a matter of taste. Appice's style is to play ever so slightly behind the beat, just his natural thing (not a put down whatsoever). I prefer a drummer that varies, sometimes a little ahead, sometimes behind...that creates a dynamic push and pull, helps to make the songs breathe more.

I just listened to a bootleg yesterday from the 1980 Heaven & Hell tour when Ward was still behind the drum kit...it's a very different experience hearing that band live with Ward. There's more of an improvisational feel to the group. Appice keeps things very tight, but I prefer Sabbath with a looser feel.

Wich is why I was psyched when Ward was first announced as part of the Heaven & Hell line up, I had a feeleing he'd pull out though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:45 am

ultmetal wrote:
Best drummer for Black Sabbath? Bill Ward. Best drummer in Black Sabbath? Cozy Powell.

Totally agree! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:50 am

If Eric Singer had been the original drummer, you'd all be screaming "ERIC SINGER!!! 🤘 "

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
If Eric Singer had been the original drummer, you'd all be screaming "ERIC SINGER!!! 🤘 "

lol!

Not me. I honestly think Ward is one of the most underrated drummers in rock history. Ian Paice runs a close second.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 pm

Are there any drummers out there today, who play like those from the late 60's early 70's?I'll tell you, NOT MANY, it would seem.

The Norwegian band BIG BANG (not metal) has a cool "old school" drummer. But I can't think of many other bands today that carry on the legacy.

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:11 pm

There are some:

Stanton Moore (Galactic, C.O.C.)
Jean Paul Gaster (Clutch, Wino)
Mario Rubalcaba (Earthless)
Fredrik Jansson (Witchcraft)

There are others, but those are the first that jumped into my head.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 4:56 pm

Was listening to Malmsteen’s “ Facing the Animal “ cd today.
I thought it was pretty good. Above average. Not a filler album.
So I looked at the photo of the band. Then looked at the musicians names.
Cozy Powell on drums !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Drummer In Black Sabbath?   Best Drummer In Black Sabbath? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next