Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New KISS Costumes

Go down 
+8
exact33
EvyMetal
ultmetal
iamrockerfun
skullsmasher
Fat Freddy
Schbopo
JBall_Z
12 posters
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Rock Hard

KISS To Unveil New Costumes For Launch Of Upcoming Album

Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 at 17:44:27 EST

KISS are performing at Arena Movistar in Santiago, Chile tonight (April 3rd) and DeuceNews is reporting that "some fans" had a chance to talk with manager Doc McGhee and guitarist Tommy Thayer about various topics. Here is a summary:

- New costumes will be ready for the launch of the new KISS album.
- Drummer Eric Singer will sing on a ballad-like song.
- KISS will play 25 to 29 songs tonight, depending on singer Paul Stanley's voice
- 'God Gave Rock & Roll' to you will be performed

From what I gather, KISS is following the same formula they used for Psycho Circus, and to a lesser extent Destroyer, on the new album. Drummer Eric Singer, the "new Cat-man" will sing a ballad. Tommy Thayer, the "new Space-man" is finishing a solo tune, and Paul and Gene will provide the rest of the material.

One of the completed songs is called "Rotten to the Core". This is an old Gene tune circa '77, if I'm not mistaken.

On one hand I'm wary, but on the other hand I cannot wait to hear (and see) this cd.

I love KISS and frankly, I was hoping they would release a new cd with the current line-up. Hopefully this will not be a case of be careful what you wish for.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Well, both Psycho Circus and Destroyer kicked ass, so this sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:25 pm

I would rather that the album lean closer to "Destroyer" than "Psycho Circus."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:29 pm

I am a complete sucker for anything KISS so I know I will buy this as soon as comes out
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:32 pm

I am glad they are approaching this new cd as an actual band. According to Gene, they are writing all the songs themselves, no outside songwriters.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:25 am

i want we want new costumes, not the same old. it's boring.
if they released new album in Stanly's solo mood, that will be awsome.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:52 am

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:03 pm

FIrst Slipknot, now Kiss? What's next? GWAR?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:15 pm

maybe those new costumes will make them look like Lordi!!!

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Same here, FF. Destroyer is my fave (and first intro to the band) album from the band.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Id prefer Creatures Of The Night sound myself, but thats probably asking WAY to much by now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:53 pm

I like the idea of new costumes. I would actually love to see some major changes made to them. Nothing too wild, but something different this time instead of all the minor/retro changes they made since the reunion. It's time for costumes that we can call the *insert new album name here*-era look.

I would really love to see Eric & Tommy to get their own personas. That would really signify KISS is moving forward and strengthen the new album, but I understand why they won't do that.

I'm kinda sick of Gene finishing up bad songs he wrote 30 years ago though. Very Happy But hey, if it's got the same vibe of the awesome "Sweet & Dirty Love", I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:21 am

have you see Paul's new costume in Chile ?
check uTube
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:28 am

ultmetal wrote:

Does the original Dr. Pepper not already have a cherry-like flavour? - I'll have to check this one out when I'm going to the states in the summer, 'cause the original tastes like complete crap Laughing

Allright, back to the actual topic
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Dr. Pepper is great!

But yeah, their "Cherry Vanilla" and "Cherry" flavors are a ripoff. It's always tasted like cherry vanilla to me.
Back to top Go down

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:30 pm

If this was 1979 and Kiss were talking about new costumes...I'd be excited. But since it's 30 years later and Kiss have been a self-parody for decades...

...it just seems kinda sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New KISS Costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New KISS Costumes   New KISS Costumes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New KISS Costumes
Page 1 of 1