Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn" Empty
PostSubject: Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn"   Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjvTNi-60Bg&feature=channel_page
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn"   Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:16 am

is this a newly recorded cover of the song or live? i haven't got access to youtube at work.
i've never heard this on any of their previous albums as a bonus track etc...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn"   Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:30 am

This is a cover of the JUDAS PRIEST song "Before The Dawn" that was recorded in July of 1996 at H/T Studios in Chalmette, Louisiana.

The story behind it: Kirk Windstein (CROWBAR / DOWN) was approached to record a song for an upcoming JUDAS PRIEST Tribute album that Century Media and Rock Hard Magazine based out of Germany were going to release called "A Tribute to JUDAS PRIEST - Legends of Metal Vol II". Kirk called the guys in TUNGSTEN to see if they were interested in recording a song together. They met up at H/T (Mark Talamo's place in Chalmette)and recorded the song in one day in July of 1996. Matt Thomas (CROWBAR) helped mixed the song as well.

They named the one off project "BAYOU BRUMMIES" as a sort of tribute to the BULLRING BRUMMIES name that Halford used for the SABBATH tribute album that came out a few years earlier.

Unfortunately the DAT / Photos didn't make it in time to Germany to be included on the tribute album and the song was never officially released.

Line Up:

Kirk Windstein: Vocals / Lead Guitar / Acoustic Guitar

Al Hodge: Guitars / Bass

Mark Talamo: Percussion
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn"   Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:32 am

mc what do you think of this since you are a fan of both Crowbar and Priest?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn"   Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Crowbar = heaviest metal band ever, literally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn"   Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Crowbar = heaviest metal band ever, literally.

Well... not quite as heavy as when the giant bass player was in the band.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn"   Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 3:17 am

Troublezone wrote:
mc what do you think of this since you are a fan of both Crowbar and Priest?
believe it or not, i just noticed this thread while doing a search for the almighty Crowbar. i happen to love that cover. Kirk's vox sound so much more agonising than Rob's do, which kinda adds to the depressive nature of the lyrics. i wish they'd re-record it for a Crowbar album.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn"   Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 3:33 am

Quote :
i wish they'd re-record it for a Crowbar album.

That would be nice.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn"   Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:24 pm

That was actually pretty cool. I'm not all that familiar with Crowbar other than a song or 2 that I've heard, but that was a good cover.

PostSubject: Re: Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn"   Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crowbar's cover of Priest's "Before the Dawn"
Page 1 of 1