Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bakerton Group

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Bakerton Group Empty
PostSubject: Bakerton Group   Bakerton Group Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:32 pm

I know there are a few Clutch fans here other than myself, you need to check out the El Rojo, the first full length Bakerton Group album, all the Clutch goodness minus vocals. It sounds a lot like the later Clutch stuff with a little more Jazz leanings.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Bakerton Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bakerton Group   Bakerton Group Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Yep, great album. The guy from Opeth contributes some keyboard playing on this album as well which is cool.

I'm a pretty big Clutch fan too. Always love it when they open up for themselves at their own shows as the Bakerton Group before performing as Clutch later in the evening.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Bakerton Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bakerton Group   Bakerton Group Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:36 pm

I've been meaning to check them out (I saw them open for themselves.....you know what I mean) but I'm afraid I'll just keep waiting for Neal to kick in and get rolling and it'll never come and I'll be disappointed because of that. I freaking love Clutch though. I'm just not sure an instrumental version of Clutch would hold my attention for an entire album.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Bakerton Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bakerton Group   Bakerton Group Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:46 pm

Jean-Paul really tears up on this album, he is probably the best drummer no one has ever heard of. He also rips on the new Wino platter. Clutch is kind of like Kings X with thier fanbase, small but loyal to the end. Music like Clutch & Kings X is too good for the masses, thier heads would likely explode.
Back to top Go down

Bakerton Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bakerton Group   Bakerton Group Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:29 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this one, I'm a recent Clutch convert but happily willing to check this out...especially since it's instrumental. I'm one of those weird cats that actually prefers instrumental music most of the time.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Bakerton Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bakerton Group   Bakerton Group Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:11 pm

They have two available albums, and their debut EP is available for free download on Clutch's main site.
Back to top Go down

Bakerton Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bakerton Group   Bakerton Group Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
They have two available albums, and their debut EP is available for free download on Clutch's main site.

Eyesore, you're a prince of the realm, I swear.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bakerton Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bakerton Group   Bakerton Group Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bakerton Group
Page 1 of 1