Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EXTOL

Go down 
+11
stevegarveyfan
kmorg
GrandNational
Thrasher73
Hamer12
akeldama
DallasBlack
Svengo
Rex
Glenn Rogers
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:58 am

EXTOL Extol

What ever happened to these guys? Their first couple CDs were brilliant, then they started changing styles and then disappeared.

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:01 pm

I love all their CDs. The band broke up in 2007 I think. They were pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:03 pm

I ran into the drummer when I was in Norway. He has a new project,but I forget the name.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:23 pm

I never could get into this band.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:35 pm

These guys were awesome! I saw 'em on a U.S. tour some years back and talked to 'em afterwards. They were really cool guys.

I consider their first two albums classics as I still listen to them on a regular basis. Their third album while a bit different in style is just about as good as the first two. I have the fourth album but don't spin it too often as the style shift was a bit too drastic for me and seemed to me to be following some trends at the time a bit too much. I might attribute some of that to the departure of Ole Borud who I think contributed greatly to their earlier sound writing-wise. Ole Has some earlier material which is definitely worth tracking down although his more recent stuff is some pretty shiny glossy pop which is a complete 180 from his other material.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:36 pm

I posted a while back about them hanging it up. They haven't officially broken up but they have put Extol on ice for the time being.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:46 pm

I really like their first two albums too,even the new songs on Mesmerized were good. I could never listen to the remixes all the way through, though. After that I bought Synergy and never bought anything else.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:52 pm

akeldama wrote:
I really like their first two albums too,even the new songs on Mesmerized were good. I could never listen to the remixes all the way through, though. After that I bought Synergy and never bought anything else.

Yeah, those remixes were hard to digest. I've had that one for many years and only listened to it once.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Good stuff. I have Burial & the one right after it, cant remember the name right now.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:46 pm

I really like Burial.Great mix of progressive death/metal.After that I kinda lost interest in them
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:51 pm

After Synergy, I think they lost their way by re-shuffling members. I love the first two albums myself, probably listened to Undeceived countless times.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:53 pm

I've loved pretty much everything these guys did. I can se how people felt dissapointed with "The Blueprint Dives", but I liked most of that one too. It was different, sure, but still good.

Ole left Extol before the hiatus. He now works as a freelance musicians, and have been seen on Norwegian Natial TV now and then the last 2 years, as a back-up singer, or on his own.

David Husvik is now in Twisted Into Form, a technical progressive metal band in the Cynic, Spiral Architect vein. He was also in Absurd2, together with Christer Espevoll. Christer is now in Benea Reach.

Chisters brother, Peter Espevoll, is now in Ganglión. Also in this band you find Tor Magne Glidje, Ole Halvard Sveen & John Robert Mjåland. The latter 3 also reside in Lengsel & Mantric.

Mantric is probably the closest to the Extol sound.

Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:55 pm

What's the deal with the middle finger salutes? That doesn't make any sense, unless these guys don't understand what this gesture means to the English-speaking world.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:56 pm

I have burial and thats it. Not really my thing I guess, too melodic or something.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:57 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
What's the deal with the middle finger salutes? That doesn't make any sense, unless these guys don't understand what this gesture means to the English-speaking world.

I was wondering the same thing...
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:01 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:

I think it's called having a sense of humor. Of course they know what the gesture means. Who hasn't flipped the bird every now and then?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:02 pm

not really my thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:11 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:

They know what it means, but I guess they don't take man made symbols all that seriously.

Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 5:52 pm

kmorg wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

They know what it means, but I guess they don't take man made symbols all that seriously.

Interesting. I never woulda thunk about it like that. Right or wrong, it may, however, call into question their spiritual integrity for those on the other side of the fence. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:57 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
Interesting. I never woulda thunk about it like that. Right or wrong, it may, however, call into question their spiritual integrity for those on the other side of the fence. Just sayin'.

Looking at the actions of extreme metal musicians on a photo and trying to find spiritual integrity is a bit of a stretch. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:57 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
kmorg wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

Yeah, it seems a bit miseading if you ask me...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:28 pm

I met them at a small show at a Christian coffee shop on their first tour. They were nice guys and i bought two shirts and two records from them. I was a little short of money when i was paying them but they just said send it to them and i thought that was real cool of them but time went by and i forgot to send it. I felt bad about it for years... One of the cd's i bought was the one of the band Ole was in before Extol. The brothers were very cool talking to everyone after the show and Ole did too. The Bass player and drummer were a little more reserved. Somehow i lost interest in them after their first album and e.p.

One more thing, they did that hair windmill thing perfectly which was cool to watch with the music Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:30 am

Stender wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:
kmorg wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

I though the Bible told us that him who is without sin could throw the first stone?

The lost Ramone
Stender

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:31 pm

kmorg wrote:
Stender wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:
kmorg wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

I though the Bible told us that him who is without sin could throw the first stone?

I'm not judging their faith or throwing any stones, I just think if a non-believer saw Extol all throwing birds it would be not representing what they stand for correctly.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:59 pm

Stender wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Stender wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:
kmorg wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

I'm not judging their faith or throwing any stones, I just think if a non-believer saw Extol all throwing birds it would be not representing what they stand for correctly.

Seems to me that there are some on this board who would like to permit these bands to do "whatever thou wilt", all in the name of "not judging". Trust me when I say that I am not judging. God is judge. I am not, and I never will be, and I don't hold any aspirations toward that role. But "Judge not lest ye be judged" does not equate to a free pass for any of us, bands and myself included.

Maybe the guys in Extol were joking around in this photo. I can't speak for anyone else here, but I know that when I'm with some of my closest friends I sometimes make jokes that I wouldn't make in a public setting, simply because my friends know me. Extol may have made this photo for a friend who posted it without their knowledge.

I have questioned their motives, not to judge, but to "question". To question is much different than to judge. I don't think I am better or more sinless than anyone else. Believe me, if you knew me I would probably give you more than enough reason to question me from time to time.

Please don't misunderstand the reason for my questioning. It's legit, and I believe my actions are also subject to scrutiny, but I'm not in the public eye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EXTOL Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXTOL   EXTOL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EXTOL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next