Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Extol song! "Open the Gates"

Go down 
+8
nevermore
mc666
bassman
kmorg
DevZor
bgsully
Orion Crystal Ice
Tur-Thalion
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Empty
PostSubject: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:22 am

new album out June 21 in Norway/Germany/Austria, 24th in Europe, 25 in North America. Will be released via Facedown records in North America

new website up: http://extolofficial.com/

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:36 am

I'm stopping Atlantean Kodex to play this, so...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:39 am

Well that is a major improvement over 'Blueprint Disaster', hell that's a major improvement over 'Synergy' as far as I'm concerned. Throw in a few really really old school/faster songs on the record along with stuff like this, and it's a blind buy.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:48 am

Yeah I am pretty impressed overall. Love the heavier parts and am glad to hear the Undeceived style vocals return. The music is great too. The only thing that I find a bit not to my liking are the melodic vocals, but maybe they'll grow on me
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:24 am

Ahhhhh! I'm being tortured here! I can't listen til I get home from work (job blocked all media). Mad
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:12 pm

It's awesome! And I love the melodic vocals, they have a certain proggyness that really appeals to me. They don't sound like the run of the mill (read emo) clean vox that every other hard/soft band seems to have these days. On the CMR somebody mentioned they remind him of 80's yes. I haven't heard most of that stuff but from what I can remember that's not far off the mark. Anyway absolutely love this tune, along side sabbath's, its the only single I've heard this year that's really got me really excited about an upcoming album. Maybe volbeat's room 24... Bit still not even close to this pumped.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Pre-ordered on the spot!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Finally had a chance to listen to this......and I like it!

It's Extol with a new twist....which is the way Extol always does it....which makes it simply Extol.

I didn't care much for The Blueprint Dives, but this one sounds promising! very happy
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:59 pm

They're definitely drawing from some prog influences........I really hear the Yes sound in the clean vox......I like it!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 pm

I think it sounds pretty usual. Remember Ole had a healthy amount of clean vocal parts on the first 3 records.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:49 pm

Yep, he sure did... And it's nice having him doing it again. As far as the twist goes its not that there are clean vocals, its that the cleans vocals have a really cool bounce to them that doesn't immediately recall anything from extol's past. It sounds very fresh. It reminds me of the chorus in the song paradigms from synergy, not that it sounds anything like that chorus but both are out of the box and unlike any of their other clean choruses. It's great that extol can be fresh with there vocal parts while still sounding like extol.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:55 am

Much much better than the last album. I hope the rest of the disc follows suit.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:09 pm

mc666 wrote:

I agree.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:06 pm

nevermore wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I agree.

so do i. I dont listen to much harsh vocals anymore but this is a great song.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Sounds like A-Ha trying to play metal.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:49 pm

Nice, very nice, much better than Blueprint. The clean vocals are BEAUTIFUL, remind me of King Diamond and Yes.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Sounds like A-Ha trying to play metal.

Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:36 pm

An album full of tunes in this style will be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Extol song! "Open the Gates"   New Extol song!  "Open the Gates" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Extol song! "Open the Gates"
Page 1 of 1