Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raven - Walk Through Fire

Go down 
+9
manny
Gilbert
nevermore
Glenn Rogers
80smetalrocks
sam
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
INVADERS
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:28 pm

Blabbermouth sez that WALK THROUGH FIRE will be out in Europe on SPV Records at the end of March '10. Still no mention of when it'll get a US release. I wonder if SPV still has the SPV-USA branch to release their stuff over here, or if that was a casualty of their bankruptcy restructuring.

Even if it doesn't get a US release at the same time, at least European imports are generally cheaper to get than Japanese ones. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Looks like Metal Blade will be handling the new Raven album in the U.S.! ... and hey, the American version gets bonus tracks for a change! Woot!

RAVEN Signs U.S. Deal With METAL BLADE RECORDS - Jan. 7, 2010

Legendary British/American heavy metal trio RAVEN has inked a deal with Metal Blade Records for the U.S. release of its new album, "Walk Through Fire". The CD, which came out in Japan in March 2009 via King Records, was recorded at the Assembly Line Studios with engineer/mixer Kevin 131 (PROJECT: FAILING FLESH, DECEASED, DYSRYTHMIA, GARDEN OF SHADOWS).

Due in the U.S. on March 30 (one day earlier in Europe through SPV/Steamhammer), RAVEN's first album since 2000's "One for All" contains 14 new songs and two live bonus tracks.

"Walk Through Fire" track listing:

01. Intro
02. Against the Grain
03. Breaking You Down
04. Under Your Radar
05. Walk Through Fire
06. Bulldozer
07. Long Day's Journey
08. Trainwreck
09. Grip
10. Running Around In Circles
11. Hard Road
12. Armageddon (The Beginning)
13. Attitude
14. Space Station #5 (MONTROSE cover)
15. Live at The Inferno **
16. Rock Until You Drop **

** Bonus Live Tracks

Vocalist, bassist, and founding member John Gallagher comments: "We are ecstatic. We go way back with Metal Blade (we've known Brian [Slagel, Metal Blade founder] since meeting him backstage at one of our shows in the U.K. in 1982!!!) so there's mutual respect.

"We feel that having this killer new album, 'Walk Through Fire', and a relationship with Metal Blade, an outfit that lives and breathes this music — that UNDERSTANDS where we have been and what we've been through, will show that we are not trading on past glories but that we are a band that continues to be relevant… and kicks ass more than ever before!

"We've set the bar high here with this album and are happy to have a partner willing to get it out there to the metal fans and spread the word. This is the RAVEN album the diehards have been beating us up for… and then some!"

Metal Blade Records' Michael Faley comments: "We are excited and proud to be releasing the new album by RAVEN entitled 'Walk Through Fire'! This record has garnered tremendous reviews worldwide and combines all the strength and power that only the Gallagher brothers can deliver, rock-solid METAL! With a career that has spanned over 25 years, RAVEN is back with a CLASSIC album."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:24 am

AWESOME!!!! CAN'T WAIT!

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:04 am

I'm not familiar a lot with Raven. I should.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:30 am

Very cool it has been years since I purchased a Raven album and I am looking forward to this release.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:12 pm

manny wrote:
Very cool it has been years since I purchased a Raven album and I am looking forward to this release.

It's been years since anyone purchased a Raven album. Their last one came out ten years ago!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 pm

The Metal Blade version of WALK THROUGH FIRE is now available to pre-order from Amazon for $13.98... release date is March 30th...

They're taking preorders for Armored Saint's LA RAZA too. Hmm, y'know, my birthday isn't till May but maybe I can order my gift(s) a little early? Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_lol

Besides, I'm doing the Raven Discography Thread here!! I HAVE to get WALK THROUGH FIRE as soon as possible. For, uh, research purposes. Y'know? For the sake of the thread ... or something.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:29 pm

So maybe I shall start my Raven colection backwards?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Tour dates... none in my area, of course. Sad

RAVEN: North American Dates Announced - Mar. 10, 2010

Legendary British/American heavy metal trio RAVEN will play a very
limited number of North American dates in support of its new album,
"Walk Through Fire".

The details are as follows:

Sep. 10 - Sonar - Baltimore, MD

Sep. 11 - Gill's - Virginia Beach, VA

Sep. 12 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA

Sep. 16 - Wreck Room - Toronto, ON

Sep. 17 - Peabodys - Cleveland, OH

Sep. 18 - The Abbey Pub - Chicago, ILL

Sep. 19 - Blondies - Detroit, MI

Oct. 01 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA

Oct. 02 - Red Room - Vancouver, BC

Oct. 03 - Peters Room - Portland, OR

Oct. 22 - Trees - Dallas, TX

Oct. 23 - Scout Bar - Houston, TX

Oct. 24 - Scout Bar - San Antonio, TX

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Damn I wish I had some bread for a plane ticket I would fly over to Texas, crash on detuned's couch, drink his beers and go so see Raven.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:36 pm

Very good band Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Tour dates... none in my area, of course. Sad

RAVEN: North American Dates Announced - Mar. 10, 2010

Legendary British/American heavy metal trio RAVEN will play a very
limited number of North American dates in support of its new album,
"Walk Through Fire".

The details are as follows:

Sep. 10 - Sonar - Baltimore, MD

Sep. 11 - Gill's - Virginia Beach, VA

Sep. 12 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA

Sep. 16 - Wreck Room - Toronto, ON

Sep. 17 - Peabodys - Cleveland, OH

Sep. 18 - The Abbey Pub - Chicago, ILL

Sep. 19 - Blondies - Detroit, MI

Oct. 01 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA

Oct. 02 - Red Room - Vancouver, BC

Oct. 03 - Peters Room - Portland, OR

Oct. 22 - Trees - Dallas, TX

Oct. 23 - Scout Bar - Houston, TX

Oct. 24 - Scout Bar - San Antonio, TX

I am thinking about the Jaxx show!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:44 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Go see'um Joker! They kick ass! Seen'em twice (1995 and '00) and they were both awesome shows. Plus, I got to talk to John Gallagher (bass/vox) both times and he's one of the coolest "metal people" I've ever met.

When I first saw that list of dates, I got all excited because I saw a venue called "The Wreck Room," which was a club in NJ where I saw them back in 2000. Unfortunately, it's just a place in Toronto with the same name.

Crushing... disappointment.....aaaaack Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_sad

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Nothing near me! DRAT!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Nothing near me! DRAT!

I feel your pain, Ult!!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Go see'um Joker! They kick ass! Seen'em twice (1995 and '00) and they were both awesome shows. Plus, I got to talk to John Gallagher (bass/vox) both times and he's one of the coolest "metal people" I've ever met.

When I first saw that list of dates, I got all excited because I saw a venue called "The Wreck Room," which was a club in NJ where I saw them back in 2000. Unfortunately, it's just a place in Toronto with the same name.

Crushing... disappointment.....aaaaack Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_sad

Ugh - Thursday night show at Jaxx, means the show will be over at 2am........ I will be worthless on Friday at work if I go to work the next day....
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Nothing near me! DRAT!

Same here. Jaxx in VA. is the closest show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Listening to the CD right now... Cool
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:51 pm

S wrote:

You suck!

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:
S wrote:

You suck!

Yeah, well...
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Nothing on the West Coast either this time..... I shoulda went when they were in the city....

NUTS>!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
S wrote:

You suck!

What he said!!!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Got WALK THROUGH FIRE in the mail from Amazon today. It's sooooooo good to hear this band again!! Glory, majesty, hail, hail, HAIL!!!!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:13 am

Horray! Finally scored a copy of this! Sounds fantastic!

RAVEN! Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 11840

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:53 am

ultmetal wrote:
Horray! Finally scored a copy of this! Sounds fantastic!

RAVEN! Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 11840

YAY!! It certainly does womp some major booty don't it??

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raven - Walk Through Fire   Raven - Walk Through Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raven - Walk Through Fire
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next