Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite Metal Concert DVDs

Go down 
+13
Wargod
Stender
Lurideath
tohostudios
Schbopo
7thSecond
ultmetal
INVADERS
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
manny
thejokeriv
Lari
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:19 pm

The Rainbow in Munich is also my fave.

But also: Black Sabbath- Cross Purposes Live (with Tony Martin). Sadly the DVD is an abbreviated version of the VHS original.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Those that have the Rainbow '77 vid, did ya'll watch the special features section that spoke about Blackmore's arrest and him being smuggled inside of an amp cabinet? Schitt was fu-nny, son.

Again, if ya'll have insight into what Metal Video Torrents are worth checking out, please hook us up with that knowledge. I really want something from DOWN, but will settle for a COC show, or maybe this Crowbar that I haven't heard yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:51 am

SAHB Healer wrote:

But also: Black Sabbath- Cross Purposes Live (with Tony Martin). Sadly the DVD is an abbreviated version of the VHS original.

Which is why I'm glad that I still own the VHS original!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 2:58 am

SAHB Healer wrote:

I can't believe that I don't have this show. But, I'm on top of this as we speak.

I'm looking through a bunch of stuff on discs and tapes right now. I have a Soundgarden show from Dusseldorf, Germany in 1990. It's not the Louder Than Live DVD. I do have that one somewhere here ON VHS. Very rare I would assume now. The set looks like a Rockpalast deal. I'm listening to the song 'Gun' right now, which very well might be the sludgiest song ever conceived. That, and 4th of July. Right?

I also found the Atlantic Records Anniversary Jam from 1988. There's a Zeppelin reunion buried deep in this show. I have an MTV studios, Guns n' Roses show from 1988. Nice. An MTV studios, Soundgarden show from 1994, Superunknown. I have a Soundgarden at Lollapalozza, 1992 here. Damn, I wish I saw that performance in person. I saw them at that festival in '96, with Metallica. There's some good vids in this box, son. I have a VHS for Video Mindcrime. I have Candystripers Vol. 4.....Oh, snap, how'd that get in there? Oh, snap, there's nude pictures of someone's mom in here.

I got an old, beat up VHS, no cover, for Iron Maiden's Raising Hell. What tour was this one? This is a golden oldie. More pics of all yer moms.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:01 am

Metallica - LIVE SH!T : BINGE AND PURGE (I want to be BURIED with this one!)
Judas Priest - Live in London
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:38 am

Marc Mason wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:

I can't believe that I don't have this show. But, I'm on top of this as we speak.

I'm looking through a bunch of stuff on discs and tapes right now. I have a Soundgarden show from Dusseldorf, Germany in 1990. It's not the Louder Than Live DVD. I do have that one somewhere here ON VHS. Very rare I would assume now. The set looks like a Rockpalast deal. I'm listening to the song 'Gun' right now, which very well might be the sludgiest song ever conceived. That, and 4th of July. Right?

I also found the Atlantic Records Anniversary Jam from 1988. There's a Zeppelin reunion buried deep in this show. I have an MTV studios, Guns n' Roses show from 1988. Nice. An MTV studios, Soundgarden show from 1994, Superunknown. I have a Soundgarden at Lollapalozza, 1992 here. Damn, I wish I saw that performance in person. I saw them at that festival in '96, with Metallica. There's some good vids in this box, son. I have a VHS for Video Mindcrime. I have Candystripers Vol. 4.....Oh, snap, how'd that get in there? Oh, snap, there's nude pictures of someone's mom in here.

I got an old, beat up VHS, no cover, for Iron Maiden's Raising Hell. What tour was this one? This is a golden oldie. More pics of all yer moms.

That is 'Fear of the Dark' tour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:42 am

Quote :
Again, if ya'll have insight into what Metal Video Torrents are worth checking out, please hook us up with that knowledge.

How about buying something, son? Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Foghorn-L-icon

I watch a lot of music DVDs, but here's some favs of mine:

Alice Cooper - Good to See You Again, Alice Cooper
Manowar - The Absolute Power
UDO - Mastercutor Alive
Molly Hatchet - Flirtin With Disaster Live
Jefferson Starship - The Definitive Concert
Quiet Riot - Live In the 21st Century
Iron Maiden - Live After Death

Last edited by SpectreFate on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:44 am

Don't get Specter pissed off, or he'll sneak into your bedroom at night and use your toilet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:55 am

Tokyo Blade - Live in London [Black Hearts tour]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:41 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Again, if ya'll have insight into what Metal Video Torrents are worth checking out, please hook us up with that knowledge.

How about buying something, son?

You missed the gist of what I'm saying, sonny. I'm talking about unofficial pro-shot, or audience member vids. The only way to get these is through video torrents. Not talking about the official stuff. Bought much of that stuff already through the years...Not to say that I haven't 'borrowed' some of that kinda stuff too, but the request here was all about the unofficial stuff. I know that a DOWN one exists, but it's not being seeded at present. Anything else that anyone was really impressed by, that they'd like to mention in the realm of video torrents?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Black Sabbath - Cross Purposes Live, Black Sabbath - The Last Supper, Heaven and Hell - Radio City Music Hall. Is there anything else for official Sabbath vids?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:02 pm

Quote :
You missed the gist of what I'm saying, sonny.

Oh of course! The gist.

Last edited by SpectreFate on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:12 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Black Sabbath - Cross Purposes Live, Black Sabbath - The Last Supper, Heaven and Hell - Radio City Music Hall. Is there anything else for official Sabbath vids?

Never Say Die featuring the original line up, it is only an hour long no extras, and it is from 1978 tour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:09 pm

manny wrote:
Marc Mason wrote:

Never Say Die featuring the original line up, it is only an hour long no extras, and it is from 1978 tour.

Yes, I have that thing on avi. Forgot about that one. I also have the 'Black' portion of the Black & Blue concert from 1980, also on avi. I don't know if you're familiar with this show with Dio on the mic, but his vocals that night are simply atrocious. It seems like he was trying out a new vocal style this evening and it just wasn't jellin'. You jellin' man? Jellin' like Magellan. No, but really, the vocals are bad. And, the same goes for the Never Say Die video, except with Ozzy. The vocals on both of these vids are bad. And, I was looking forward to the Black & Blue concert for so long. But, it's a bummer.

As for Cross Purposes, what is the essential difference between the VHS and DVD copies of this? I now have a VHS transfer to DVD. So, whatever's missing really doesn't concern me. But, what is it that was extracted? On thing I really like about Tony Martin's vocals is that he can do both the Dio and Ozzy material and sound convincing with both. I'm enjoying him do songs from each and every era. I never really felt the same way about Dio doing the Ozzy songs.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:26 pm

Paradise Lost - The Anatomy Of Melancholy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:09 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Molly Hatchet - Flirtin With Disaster Live

I've been watching this one a lot too. I quite enjoy the music, but really wish they would not have added the canned audience sounds to enhance the somewhat lethargic audience in the video. I really want to get the Live in Germany DVD as I hear it's great as well.

I can't believe I left out Heaven & Hell! Fantastic DVD! 🤘

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:12 pm

ult, the Live In Germany is good, but all of Bobby's guitar parts were overdubbed. It's frustrating, but if you overlook that its a good DVD.

I want a Molly Hatchet DVD compiling all the old concert footage from the late 70's and 80's. I see it all over Youtube. Someone needs to officially release it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:17 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
ult, the Live In Germany is good, but all of Bobby's guitar parts were overdubbed. It's frustrating, but if you overlook that its a good DVD.

I want a Molly Hatchet DVD compiling all the old concert footage from the late 70's and 80's. I see it all over Youtube. Someone needs to officially release it.

I'd love to have that! I saw Hatchet 4x back in those days. I've seen them twice with the Igram/McCormick line-up and they were great as well. The last time I saw them they had Hlubeck on guitar. Got to meet him after the show! I was pretty stoked about that.

Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 L_c8628a10e377e7b9b45cdf9bb505dc5d

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:19 pm

Yeah I've read your Molly Hatchet page. You've been pretty darn lucky. I hope to see them live and meet them sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:38 pm

I like all my stuff from those 1980 christian bands hanging out and jamming in So. Calif. 🤘

UFO-Too Hot To Handle
Warlock-Live In London
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:00 am

You said both 'christian band' and '1980' in the same sentence, or I wouldn't have said anyting, but, do you know of a band named 'Fireworks'?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Metal Concert DVDs   Favourite Metal Concert DVDs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Metal Concert DVDs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2