Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite Black Metal

Go down 
+11
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
Selvmord
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ThrashedOutCobra33
mc666
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
krokus
Stender
UltraMagnus007
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

Favourite Black Metal Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:24 pm

Don't see a lot of posts regarding Black Metal and just wanted to see what people prefer.

Their seems to be a big divide amoungst fans between the more operatic gothic Black Meal bands such as Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir etc and the more so called true Black Metal bands such as Mayhem Burzum, Marduk and the like.

Personally My favourite Black Metal bands are:

Cradle of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Satyricon
Thus Defiled
Burzum
Emperor
Enslaved
Rotting Christ
Samael
Hecate Enthroned
Darkthrone
Venom
Bathory
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:27 pm

I dont listen to much black metal but some of my favs are Bathory, Burzum, The Kovenant, Mayhem, Gaia, and Horde.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:30 pm

I only like old black metal bands and real black metal, not pu-ssy syphonic, or melodic black metal. Love early BATHORY, early MAYHEM, old and new DARKTHRONE, IMPALED NAZARENE, BLASPHEMY, MANIAC BUTCHER and a long etc....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Somebody's gonna trot out this bad joke sooner or later so it might as well be me:

My favorite black metal bands are Living Colour, Body Count, and Sound Barrier.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:32 pm

Favourite Black Metal 692390:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:33 pm

sound barrier yeah, but only speed of light. the track gladiator should have place in any of the first 3 omen.

then some black death obviously and some macalpine...

Last edited by syrus on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I've been waiting to see who'd be the first to use that emoticon. Surprised to see it's you tho, MG. I had five bucks on Eyesore.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I've been waiting to see who'd be the first to use that emoticon. Surprised to see it's you tho, MG. I had five bucks on Eyesore.

He must be in the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:52 pm

a few of my favorites...

Naglfar
Gorgoroth
Abruptum
Watain
Lord Belial
Beherit
Darkthrone
Marduk
Carpathian Forest
Enslaved
Immortal
Burzum
Mayhem
Rotting Christ
Impaled Nazarene
Necromantia
Thorns
Dark Funeral
Absu
Dodheimsgard

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:59 pm

laughing
UltraMagnus007 wrote:
Don't see a lot of posts regarding Black Metal...
lol! Favourite Black Metal 647664

Um...

:dancin:

surprised
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:47 pm

Sorry, guilty of not using the search function. What I should have said is I haven't seen a lot of posts recently
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:
laughing
UltraMagnus007 wrote:
Don't see a lot of posts regarding Black Metal...
lol! Favourite Black Metal 647664

Um...

Sorry, let me retract my last post. I have just used the search function and went through six pages of previous posts using the search balck metal and came acros one thread.

Are you referring to the fact that this is mainly a christian metal forum.

surprised
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:42 pm

Burzum, Mayhem, Satyricon, Gorgoroth, Beherit, Belphegor, Carpathian Forest, Satanic Warmaster, Xasthur, Darkthrone, Destroyer 666, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Enslaved, Graveworm, Horna, I, Immortal, Kampfar, Nattefrost, Rotting Christ, Stormlord, Susperia, Watain, Windir, 1349, and Marduk!
Im a big fan of Black Metal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Why is that ten people in a thread can point out that there are other threads on the same subject without anyone commenting. But the second I do it, people jump in and say something. What's the deal with that?

And to answer the question, there's more than one black metal thread. There are two that are very recent (December and February), and both about the exact same thing. This will be the third thread.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Why is that ten people in a thread can point out that there are other threads on the same subject without anyone commenting. But the second I do it, people jump in and say something. What's the deal with that?

And to answer the question, there's more than one black metal thread. There are two that are very recent (December and February), and both about the exact same thing. This will be the third thread.

Hey, read my posts I wasn't having a go. My first post apolgised for not using the search function. I know shoul use it more I just need to get into the habit of using it before start a new thread.

I would have posted the same reply whoever pulled me on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 7:09 pm

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you were picking a fight with me. It just always seems like when someone decides to say anything, it's after I've posted. And it's not just you. It unfortunately makes me think there this opinion that I'm a forum troublemaker. if that's true, two things would happen: I'd become a troublemaker (unlikely), or I'd quit posting (likely).

Or maybe I'm being too sensitive.

Anyway, it's best to use the Advanced Search features. When searching for more than one term, click the Search for all terms box. That will return results with both "black" and "metal" in them, for example. If you check the Search for any erms or use query as entered box (the default), it'll return every post with either the word "black" or "metal." Basically, when searching for "black metal," you can check through 13 results or 368.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 7:20 pm

I don't think your a forum troublemaker Eyesore and i'm sure a lot of others don't. You come across to me as someone who can be assertive with their opinions but this isn't a bad thing. I can be quite assertive with my opinions and sometimes this can come across as aggressive.

This is the trouble with the written word, people can read so many interpretations into something written, without the benefit of the tone of voice and the persons body language to back up what they really mean. Trust me the trouble some of my emails at work have got me into just because someone misundertands the point I as trying to make.
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 7:51 pm

I like Black Metal alright, but I personally prefer the bands that stand out.

I like alot of the old school Black Metal, like Bathory or Mercyful Fate, and ESPECIALLY Celtic Frost.

Now, the Second Wave BM bands on the other hand......that's a bit of a different story. I have a genuine love/hate relationship with modern Black Metal. The bands I generally like usually have something more to offer in their music than just cruddy production and bad lyrics.

Take Immortal, for example. These guys are GOOD. They're one of the most popular and most respected BM acts in the entire Black Metal (if not the entire metal) scene, and are considered one of the founding pillars of the Norwegian BM scene.......and yet, in their entire career, they've never once (to my knowledge) written or recorded a single satanic lyric. In fact, most of their lyrics don't even involve the real world; they take place in their fictional dark fantasy kingdom, Blashrykh.

You also have the extremely atypical band Antestor, who although they have all the visual and musical trappings of BM, have completely Christian lyrical themes.

There's also the so-called 'true' BM bands like Dark Throne and Marduk who, although they do have the satanic lyrics, don't focus solely on that (Marduk, for example, have lots of songs about World War II).

Unfortunantly, for ever good Black Metal band I've found, there are about five others that are absolutely abysmal. I know that Mayhem, for example, has alot of hype and notoriety, but in my opinion their music doesn't live up to the hype.

Furthermore, some of the prominent personalities in the BM scene are not the most......shall we say.....likable human beings in the world. Rob Darken, the founder of Graveland, is a good example. Graveland's music is alright, but Darken himself is a complete jackass, not to mention a fascist prick.

Then you have Varg Vikernes. I like Burzum as much as everybody else.......but at the end of the day, he IS Varg Vikernes.

Also, as much as I like Gorgoroth, Gaahl isn't exactly easy to get along with.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:13 pm

Unfortunantly, for ever good Black Metal band I've found, there are about five others that are absolutely abysmal. I know that Mayhem, for example, has alot of hype and notoriety, but in my opinion their music doesn't live up to the hype.

[/quote]

Totally agree. I think Mayhem are rubbish, never understood the hype they seem to get.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Immortal (all time favortie)
I like some Dimmu, the first DarkThrone is really good. I like old Sameal (Ceremony!) Old Tiamat could be called Black Metal. Khold was OK.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 8:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Sometimes love hurts Eyesore... :kickbutt:

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:01 pm

Does Antestor count? I love The Forsaken.

I've been away. I was not aware of this:

which might be the single best emote ever!! (at least for humor's sake!)
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:48 pm

Hellzzz yeah? Antestor MELTS!

Bands I am really loving right now:
Crimson Moonlight 🤘 🤘 🤘
Atestor
Holy Blood

Bands that were highly recommended but I am not liking at all:
Shlevtalk(sp?) (they are REALLY terrible, IMO)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:39 pm

Antestor
Holy Blood
Catamenia (heard some samples that I liked)
Graveworm (ditto)
Crimson Moonlight
Borknagar (not exaxtly black metal but close)
Kekal (ditto)
Virgin Black (many black elements)
Sanctifica
Drottnar (though the last album didn't do anything for me)
Exousia
Parakletos

I tend to go for the more symphonic, because a. I like symphonic music and b. they tend not to blend together as much. My main problem with black metal is the lack of hooks (and in the cases of old school) and very little melody which makes the songs blend together and becomes a case of "hear one, heard them all" IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:00 am

Immortal
Mayhem
Borknagar

I read somwhere that some classified COF as Norwegien Black Metal. Arent they from England?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Black Metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next