Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re-recordings...

Go down 
+17
Svengo
Leatherface
powermacho
XYZ
7thSecond
exact33
Troublezone
Lari
sam
akeldama
manny
TrogDawn
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Hamer12
ultmetal
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
plancha7
Metal novice
Metal novice
plancha7

Number of posts : 35

Re-recordings... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:24 am

For the most part; i don't have a problem, and i like quite a few re-recorded releases. The original album/songs don't cease to exist just because they've been re-recorded. 'Heavy Metal Thunder' by Saxon is a prime example of this thing done right. Instead of just releasing yet another greatest hits album, they went into the studio and recorded a double cd of fan and band favourites with their current line-up.. and you know what?.. it absolutely smokes!. The solos are more aggressive, the bass and drums kick your ass and the whole thing is a great accompaniment to the originals.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Re-recordings... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-recordings...   Re-recordings... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:09 pm

I tend to agree with the "leave well enough alone" crowd. Remixing/mastering existing recordings? Fine. Sometimes that can improve the sound of a classic recording. But completely re-recording an entire album seems, as others have said, like rewriting history. Especially if its a classic. At the very least, don't replace the original, allow those of us who may be purists to have the choice of purchasing the original, the re-record, or both.
Back to top Go down

Re-recordings...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: