Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos

Go down 
+12
80smetalrocks
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
sam
James B.
Leatherface
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
powermacho
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 5:28 pm

It's about frickin' time! 🤘

Quote :
Reactivated San Francisco Bay Area thrashers HEATHEN have set "The Evolution of Chaos" as the title of their new album, due later in the year via Holland's Mascot Records. Check out the cover artwork below. Photos from the recording sessions are available in the "Pics" section of the band's MySpace page (free registration required to view pictures).

The band's current lineup includes Lee Altus (guitar; EXODUS), Kragen Lum (guitar; PROTOTYPE), Dave White (vocals), Jon Torres (bass; ANGELWITCH) and returning drummer Darren Minter.

Fan-filmed video footage of HEATHEN performing the new song "Arrows of Agony" on April 5, 2008 at the Keep It True X festival in Lauda-Königshofen, Germany can be viewed below (courtesy of "stoneagelightning").

HEATHEN's entire 2005 demo is available for free download at this location. The tracks featured on the demo are "Empty Nothingness", "Dying Season" and "Arrows of Agony".

HEATHEN released its latest CD, "Recovered", independently in the spring of 2004. The effort featured covers of songs from QUEEN, THIN LIZZY, TYGERS OF PAN TANG and SWEET SAVAGE, as well as an original track, "In Memory of…" (written and dedicated to former band member Randy Laird and singer David White's brother Jeffrey).

Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos 3371130101_361e9b194b_o

Photo by Gingalley:

Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Heathen-now1
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Very nice artwork. This band took a long time to released this record.But the wait is over. I will pick this one as soon as it comes out. Now we need Powermad to come back
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Let's hope this one delivers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 8:56 pm

I really dug 'Recovered". And when I saw them in '05 at Mpls. Mayhem I, although they had MANY probs, the few tunes they were able to get played were completely rippin'!!! LuriDeth was there that year. Definately one of the more under-rated Bay Area bands.

powermacho wrote:
Very nice artwork. This band took a long time to released this record.But the wait is over. I will pick this one as soon as it comes out. Now we need Powermad to come back

They are. I saw them play a reunion gig last Halloween and talked to the guys afterwards. Plans are to release an ep of re-recorded tracks that they had done for a second album that never happened. Then put out a "proper" full-length at the end of the year. Of course, when it come to Joel and Todd, "the end of the year" usually takes until "the end of next year". They have been recording, though, so we'll see.

Here are some pics from that show:

Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Powermad015-1
Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Powermad016-1
Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Powermad032-1
Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Powermad018-1
Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Powermad043
Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Powermad046-1
Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Powermad047-1
Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Powermad055-1-1
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 9:01 pm

I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Uncle Saxon, you are very lucky to be there, I thought Steve Row was the only guy that uses those mics Very Happy. Let's hope powermad doesn't take so long to release and re-release their music

powermad dont deserved to be on the situation they are. This band should be as famous as any other thrash band
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 11:51 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I can't wait...to download it.
🤘
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 5:28 am

The artwork is great. Looking forward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:47 am

Hope they hit the clubs in my area in support 🤘
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:29 am

awesome cover art, Ill be picking this up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:16 pm

Nice cover. I'll probably get this somewhere down the line. I like everything they've done in the past. Hopefully this will deliver as well.

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:47 pm

Killer cover. I am not all that fond of my only other exposure to Heathen, which is Victims of Deception.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:26 pm

VoD is awesome. I recommend checking out Breaking the Silence, AchrisK. It's fantastic thrash metal.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:44 pm

Look forward to this. I also liked "Recovered".

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:03 am

Required Fields wrote:
VoD is awesome. I recommend checking out Breaking the Silence, AchrisK. It's fantastic thrash metal.

So does it differ much from VoD?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:09 am

AchrisK wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

So does it differ much from VoD?

Where Victims Of Deception was heavy, stomping, and occasionally technical, Breaking The Silence is oldschool speedy thrash. Borderline speed metal in places.

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:30 am

That does sound better. VoD to me was mostly boring with a few good moments.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 8:04 am

Glad to see its finally coming out.I'll be getting it eventually
Back to top Go down
80smetalrocks
Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:57 am

Was Recovered as good as Breaking The Silence?Ill probably get the new one.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:05 am

Required Fields wrote:
VD is awesome.

lol!

sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:10 pm

I hope this is in the vein of the internet demo they released a few years back. Very cool stuff!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:03 pm

AchrisK wrote:
That does sound better. VoD to me was mostly boring with a few good moments.

Here are a few songs:

Breaking the Silence (my favorite song on the album):

Pray for Death:

Open the Grave:
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:04 pm

The 2005 demo, for those who haven't heard it:
http://www.yousendit.com/download/UmNLWmdrMVhGR0h2Wmc9PQ
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:18 pm

Cool, I'd like to hear this new album when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:19 pm

The track list has been revealed:
1. Dying Season
2. Control By Chaos
3. No Stone Unturned
4. Arrows Of Agony
5. Fade Away
6. A Hero's Welcome
7. Undone
8. Bloodkult
9. Red Tears Of Disgrace
10. Silent Nothingness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos   Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next