Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..

Go down 
+30
Gilbert
bgsully
Glower
blazingstone
Eyesore
DeathCult
candlemass
SlaytanicPOWER
MetalGuy71
manny
ultmetal
metalheaded
Fat Freddy
skullsmasher
sam
powermacho
the sentinel
EvyMetal
Muloc7253
Smindas
kmorg
HamburgerBoy
DallasBlack
metalhead777
Lari
Required Fields
INVADERS
Schbopo
plancha7
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:02 pm

INVADERS wrote:
- Judas Priest's Painkiller album
- Primal Fear's entire discography

- this isn't slating Primal Fear, because they're one of my fav bands but they do were their "influence" on their sleeves...

Laughing
I forget the name of the song but there's one track on PF's "NUCLEAR FIRE" album that is a rather blatant steal from Priest's "Hell Patrol" (off of PAINKILLER)... the blasting drum intro is virtually the same...

Then there's Ralf Scheepers' decision to shave his head for the photos in that album... I was like "Oh come on Ralf, I know you're a Halford fan and all, but isn't that taking it a bit TOO far?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 6:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Then there's Ralf Scheepers' decision to shave his head for the photos in that album... I was like "Oh come on Ralf, I know you're a Halford fan and all, but isn't that taking it a bit TOO far?"
To his defense, he was going bald.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:19 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

He did, and if he won (which I doubt he will) it sucks for Coldplay 'cause they got so many awards for that song.

Despite it sucking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Sacred Warrior often reminds me of early Helloween, I think because of the vocals.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:43 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
Sacred Warrior often reminds me of early Helloween, I think because of the vocals.

great now i have children of the light stuck in my head angry

everything metalcore sounds the same.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 9:20 pm

One of the riffs in Deliverance's No Time is a blatant copy of the riff in Metallica's Disposable Heroes; albeit at a slightly different speed and note.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:02 am

Schbopo wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

He did, and if he won (which I doubt he will) it sucks for Coldplay 'cause they got so many awards for that song.

Despite it sucking.

I thought it was ok, I do like Coldplay's older stuff better. Parachutes being my favorite release. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:18 am

The opening rhythm of Gotthard-Dommino Effect sounds exacly like the opening rhythm of White Zombie-Thunderkiss 65.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:17 pm

It had been a while since I heard these two songs, but now that I have recently heard them I realize that L7-Pretend That We're Dead is almost an exact replica of Suicidal Tendencies-I Saw Your Mommy (I hesitate to call it a rip-off but it comes off as one).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:04 pm

Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man
Stryper - Makes Me Wanna Sing

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:46 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
It had been a while since I heard these two songs, but now that I have recently heard them I realize that L7-Pretend That We're Dead is almost an exact replica of Suicidal Tendencies-I Saw Your Mommy (I hesitate to call it a rip-off but it comes off as one).

Whoa. EXACTLY the same.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Yes the intro to Poison's 'Cry Tough' and Rick Springfield's 'Love Somebody', don't believe listen and tell me if you can hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfqcnvlWKoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaGtfWxQ9ak
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man
Stryper - Makes Me Wanna Sing

I was actually surprised when I heard Wicker Man for the first time. I'm sure it's coincidence, but the riff is identical to Stryper's 1985 song.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:20 pm

The opening of Autograpgh's 'Turn Up the Radio' sounds very similiar to a KISS song, but I can't put my finger on it. I heard Autograph the other night and thought it was a Kiss song.

Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 1:11 am

Conquer All- Behemoth
Be All End All- Anthrax
(both possessed the same riff implemented differently)

March of the S.O.D. - S.O.D.
Lunatic Parade -Exodus
(The exodus song had a riff very SOD inspired)

Laid to rest- Lamb of God
Into the Pit- Testament
(again, similar riffing)
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 7:36 am

Children of the Grave - Black Sabbath

Too many to list who have ripped off this riff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:11 am

Black Sabbath- Zero The Hero
Black Sabbath- Get A Grip

Always bothered me how similar they sounded, especially since Iommi comes up with so many great riffs that he would reuse one
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:15 am

EvyMetal wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
The melody and chord progression of Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" is very similar to Joe Satriani's "If I Could Fly"

Didn't he try to sue for that?

I'm still pulling for Satch in that one.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:34 am

DeathCult wrote:

Always bothered me how similar they sounded, especially since Iommi comes up with so many great riffs that he would reuse one

C'mon man, it wasn't that close, get a grip!

Black Sabbath - Zero The Hero
Guns and Roses - Paradise City
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
INVADERS wrote:
- Judas Priest's Painkiller album
- Primal Fear's entire discography

- this isn't slating Primal Fear, because they're one of my fav bands but they do were their "influence" on their sleeves...

Laughing
I forget the name of the song but there's one track on PF's "NUCLEAR FIRE" album that is a rather blatant steal from Priest's "Hell Patrol" (off of PAINKILLER)... the blasting drum intro is virtually the same...

Lol, who says a Halford clone that pulls it off REALLY GOOD , is a bad thing? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:25 am

candlemass wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I swear, you disagree with me just to drive me nuts. lol!

Pfft, if anything it sounds closer than Paradise sh*tty, just in a different tone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:14 am

Judas Priest's Painkiller album sounds like they spent a good bit of time listening to this:

Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 F13196ob6df
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Judas Priest - Running Wild < Stryper - Makes Me Wanna Sing > Iron Maiden - Wicker Man

All three songs have nearly identical riffs.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:09 pm

DeathCult wrote:
candlemass wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Pfft, if anything it sounds closer than Paradise sh*tty, just in a different tone.

I'm in pretty good company on this, read "Never Say Die."
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:30 pm

candlemass wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
candlemass wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I'm in pretty good company on this, read "Never Say Die."

I'm not saying it DOESN'T have the riff, because it definately does, I just think Get A Grip is the closer in comparison of the two.

And I have the book, its very good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..   Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs that sound suspiciously similar to others..
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next