Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records

Go down 
+15
7thSecond
Thrasher73
RimShot
nevermore
mc666
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
shamgar75
Stender
A Handful of Wayne
Troublezone
ultmetal
Shiney
Lurideath
BillRoxx
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:38 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
KSE is a band full of killer musicians...their guitar tones and harmonies/melodies kick butt! Great band...

Nu-Metal? No way...I'd go with Metalcore, but not Nu-Metal...Nu-Metal to me is like koRn, Marylin Manson, Coal Chamber, Limp Bizkit, stuff like that...completely different to KSE, Shadow's Fall, Trivium, etc...
I sort of hate the term metalcore. It's like it was made up by elitist "metal fans" so they don't have to include them in their group. Metalcore is a term that's been around for a long time, but was often used to describe bands like Pro-Pain, a band that mixes metal with hardcore. Most so-called metalcore bands have no hardcore at all. They're metal bands with a different style of vocals. I just don't understand why they can't be "metal." Call them modern metal. What's wrong with that?

Baffles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:40 pm

I actually agree with you...I was just going with the "if I'm forced to tag it"...it's like Metalcore mixed with early Gothenberg Metal...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:44 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I actually agree with you...I was just going with the "if I'm forced to tag it"...it's like Metalcore mixed with early Gothenberg Metal...
Metalcore is the new nu-metal. It's just a term used as an insult. Many of these bands are extremely talented musicians, but labeling them metalcore is an easy way for people to imply they suck.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:19 pm

I don't view metalcore as metal at all. Just a term I see these bands use to try and fit in with what metal really is. Yes I am an elitist!
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 7:33 pm

[/quote] KSE is definitely one of the better Metalcore bands I think. Howards voice alone makes them rise above many of the others.[/quote]

i prefer deathcore to metalcore to thats just me. sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3