Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records

Go down 
+15
7thSecond
Thrasher73
RimShot
nevermore
mc666
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
shamgar75
Stender
A Handful of Wayne
Troublezone
ultmetal
Shiney
Lurideath
BillRoxx
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 5:27 pm

Quote :
What does KSE have to do with Nu-Metal?

lol!
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Ummm, I actually like KSE , but are you telling me you would not classify them as nu-metal???

Actualy I am pretty sure KSE and Believer will tour together later this year. If they do I will be there. Seen KSE a couple times and they put on a great show themselves but they are more nu-metal then any other label, wouldnt you say?

PS: I ended up just ordering a copy of Gabriel online as well, should get it next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:12 pm

I'll be shocked if BELIEVER does a US tour with anyone, much less a band the size of KSE.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:59 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Nobody has it here. I'm going to have to order it on-line.

you reeeealy need to its some of there best! kurts vocals arent as raspy but you get over that quickly. there are a few guest stars and they all do good(especialy howard jones from killswitch engage) i got it at the perfect time too ^__^
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 2:16 am

BillRoxx wrote:
Ummm, I actually like KSE , but are you telling me you would not classify them as nu-metal???
Yes I am. They are a metalcore band. Nu-metal is bands like Korn, Sevendust, Limp Bizkit, etc.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:07 pm

I got a copy locally, at Zia Records. So far I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:29 am

GrandNational wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Metal Blade doesn't have to promote them. They can just cash in on the reputation they already have and the promotion Roadrunner did for them years ago building their fanbase to the point it's at now. It's quick money for them. Take the cash for a "comeback"/reunion album then drop the band when the money's not so good. So it's in Metal Blade's best interest to keep them for now ... then get out of Dodge when the getting's good.

I doubt Believer is actually making a lot of money doing what they're doing and being on Metal Blade. I don't have the figures, but it's not like they're tearing up the billboards.

I doubt Believer is making ANY money from Metal Blade past the initial lisencing fee. I'm sure there is a 'per disc' amount in place for after the label recoups, but they'll never see it. A wise man once told me "Get all you can up front, cuz its all you'll ever see..."

Cool
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:26 pm

I am getting annoyed at this new Believer album. There is some cool stuff on here, but also a lot of stuff I am not all that interested in when I am trying to listen to a (1) metal album and/or a (2) music album.

I do like that song where the guy is describing his alien enounter. That's cool.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Thanks....I wrote and read the alien encounter thinger.

It's definitely a bit of a different experience than other albums, however I thin k it's the kind of thing the band WOULD have made years ago had the technology beedn there.

This is meant to be an experience where as the listener will discover new things upon each listen for awhile.

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:11 pm

Seriously? Yeah, it was well written and read, and the combination of the music and spoken word were well composed. Much more enjoyable than one would think based on a description of it.

I understand about the experience thing. It's also all pretty well done and I can imagine finding new stuff in there. But as a music fan, and especially a metal music fan, my first tendency is to want to only record the album up through the alien song on to a cassette for auto-listening.

YES I HAVE A TAPE PLAYER IN MY CAR
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:13 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Seriously? Yeah, it was well written and read, and the combination of the music and spoken word were well composed. Much more enjoyable than one would think based on a description of it.

I understand about the experience thing. It's also all pretty well done and I can imagine finding new stuff in there. But as a music fan, and especially a metal music fan, my first tendency is to want to only record the album up through the alien song on to a cassette for auto-listening.

YES I HAVE A TAPE PLAYER IN MY CAR

a tape player......EPIC FAIL Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 47715
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Quote :
a tape player......EPIC FAIL

Why?
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:17 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
a tape player......EPIC FAIL

Why?

who listens to tapes anymore(unless its on old concert recording)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Plenty of people still listen to tapes.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:25 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

il think of a comeback in a minute....hour....day..never
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:32 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

You only feel that way because you listen to metalcore...metalcore corrupts everything absolutely. Razz

Tapes are really cool...except when your cassette player is a brutish beast and eats them. Its kind of a thrill, you dont know if your going to get your album back by the time its run its length...yikes.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 8:35 pm

Stender wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

You only feel that way because you listen to metalcore...metalcore corrupts everything absolutely. Razz

Tapes are really cool...except when your cassette player is a brutish beast and eats them. Its kind of a thrill, you dont know if your going to get your album back
by the time its run its length...yikes.

i only listen to 2 metalcore bands!!! angry and one other thing.....i ike bannas because they have no bones. and yes core-(insert here) is CRAP!!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:42 pm

I have a cassette player because I am old and have had it for a long time. Plus the car is old and I am not sure when it will die. Plus I have hundreds of tapes that I have collected and recorded over the years, including many rare demos.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:25 pm

that makes sense. OK your off the hook....for now (O_O)

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:26 pm

BillRoxx wrote:
You think Killswitch is nu-metal? Shocked
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 1:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
BillRoxx wrote:

killswitch is metalcore. and not the good metalcore either!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:04 pm

KSE is a band full of killer musicians...their guitar tones and harmonies/melodies kick butt! Great band...

Nu-Metal? No way...I'd go with Metalcore, but not Nu-Metal...Nu-Metal to me is like koRn, Marylin Manson, Coal Chamber, Limp Bizkit, stuff like that...completely different to KSE, Shadow's Fall, Trivium, etc...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:16 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
KSE is a band full of killer musicians...their guitar tones and harmonies/melodies kick butt! Great band...

Nu-Metal? No way...I'd go with Metalcore, but not Nu-Metal...Nu-Metal to me is like koRn, Marylin Manson, Coal Chamber, Limp Bizkit, stuff like that...completely different to KSE, Shadow's Fall, Trivium, etc...

I agree on both points.Shadows Fall are killer.One of my favorite "newer" metal bands.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:27 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
BillRoxx wrote:

killswitch is metalcore. and not the good metalcore either!
KSE is definitely one of the better Metalcore bands I think. Howards voice alone makes them rise above many of the others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:40 pm

I'll just second what Shawn said about KSE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records   Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Believer - Gabriel CD - Dark Realm Records
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next