Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Some Opinions

Go down 
+6
powermacho
Stender
ultmetal
sam
mc666
MetalGuy71
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Need Some Opinions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Some Opinions   Need Some Opinions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Stopped by the used shop yesterday after work. Didn't have much cash, but I found a few things I might go back for this week. I told the owner to hold 'em behind the counter for me. Here's what I'm holding:

Forbidden - Green
Dark Angel - Live Scars
High on Fire - (don't recall the name, I'm pretty sure it's their latest)
Jagged Edge UK - Trouble ep
Jagged Edge UK - Fuel for your Soul

The Forbidden cd is a definate, the others are pending. There's probably more, as I didn't have allot of time to spend looking around and I haven't been there for awhile. Any opinions, good or bad, are welcome.

Picked up the Forbidden, Dark Angel and HoF discs. Skipped the Jagged Edge discs because I found some other stuff that I wanted more. I listened to Forbidden on the way into work this morning. Definately different than their older stuff. For some reason it reminds me of Static-X, which is really odd because I'm not a fan of Static-X, nor do I know their music, other than maybe a song or 2.
Definitely not like Static-X. Maybe to a casual listener they're similar. I love Green, though. The drum-work rules!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Opinions   Need Some Opinions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Shiney wrote:
Grab the JAGGED EDGE cds...then send them to me. Very Happy

I have "Fuel..." on cassette... and I loves me the hair metal...
Stop that! I asked first. angry
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Opinions   Need Some Opinions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 12:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Stopped by the used shop yesterday after work. Didn't have much cash, but I found a few things I might go back for this week. I told the owner to hold 'em behind the counter for me. Here's what I'm holding:

Forbidden - Green
Dark Angel - Live Scars
High on Fire - (don't recall the name, I'm pretty sure it's their latest)
Jagged Edge UK - Trouble ep
Jagged Edge UK - Fuel for your Soul

The Forbidden cd is a definate, the others are pending. There's probably more, as I didn't have allot of time to spend looking around and I haven't been there for awhile. Any opinions, good or bad, are welcome.

Picked up the Forbidden, Dark Angel and HoF discs. Skipped the Jagged Edge discs because I found some other stuff that I wanted more. I listened to Forbidden on the way into work this morning. Definately different than their older stuff. For some reason it reminds me of Static-X, which is really odd because I'm not a fan of Static-X, nor do I know their music, other than maybe a song or 2.
Definitely not like Static-X. Maybe to a casual listener they're similar. I love Green, though. The drum-work rules!

Yea, I don't even know why I thought Static-X. I don't know that band at all, but for some reason, that's the first impression I got. Weird.

As for Jagged Edge, when I find time to get back to the shop, if the discs are still there, I'll grab 'em.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Opinions   Need Some Opinions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Bump.

Saw a few more cd's that I was thinking about picking up. Any opinions, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Kid Sin - s/t
Kinghorse - s/t
Blitzspeer - Live ep and Saves
Circus of Power - Magic & Madness and Vices

Kid Sin, from the looks of the cover and band pics were a glam/hair band. Kinghorse caught my eye for 2 things. The cover, by famed artist Pushead and producer Glenn Danzig. Blitzspeer I'd heard of, but never heard the music. I had a dubbed tape of something by Circus of Power that was given to me by a friend many years ago, but I don't recall a thing from it. I know they were a biker bar kinda band, sorta like Little Caesar.

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Opinions   Need Some Opinions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:18 pm

Circus Of Power - Vices is an awesome record, definitely pick that one up. I haven't heard the other one. I saw them open for Faith No More on The Real Thing tour, kick ass band.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Opinions   Need Some Opinions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:51 pm

I Pmed ya on this, kind sir.

PostSubject: Re: Need Some Opinions   Need Some Opinions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Some Opinions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2