Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.

Go down 
+3
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Wurthless
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.  Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.    Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 3:35 pm

I had largely ignored Kreator's output post-Coma of Souls until today, I just jammed on Renewal and I actually really dug it despite having only heard/read negative things about it in the past.

What do you guys think of it?

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.    Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 3:48 pm

Kreator have never made a bad album. Sure they travelled a different path in the 90's but those records are great!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.    Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 7:30 pm

I never was a huge fan of theirs back in the 80's. I think I like them better now than I did then. I liked d them, just didn't follow them much after the first couple albums. I totally love them now, Pleasure to Kill is probably my favorite of theirs. I only have two new(ish) ones though, Enemy of God, which is killer and Phantom Antichrist , also killer. I plan on getting all their stuff one of these days, one CD at a time.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.    Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 10:58 pm

As much as I love love love Kreator, I've never actually sampled their later output that people hate so much. I'll get back to you.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.    Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 11:37 pm

Renewal was the first Kreator album that i listened to back in summer of 93. I totally loved the industrial sound it carried. When i started digging deeper in the band's catalogue, i kinda forgot about it.

I love the mature thrash of Kreator and prefer it over their raw inexperienced early outputs. But Renewal remains a nice experimentation in the band's career.

I will give it a fresh spin today!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.    Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 2:47 pm

I liked the music and some of the riffs were killer, but the vocals were just dumb and I still don't like the vocals on this album. The really angry raspy pissed off vocals turned into agonizing defeat to me on this album. I like the Sepultura type influence sorta on this album.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.    Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 7:27 pm

It's a weird album. The vocals are so strange it sounds like a different singer. The songs, while not unlistenable are too experimental.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.    Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Kreator's "Renewal" from '92.
Page 1 of 1