Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One of the worst singers ever...

Go down 
+13
MetalFRO
James B.
the sentinel
Schbopo
Getizzyback
metalinmyveins
sam
EvyMetal
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
manny
Troublezone
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Just for the record i think "Looks That Kill" is one of the best pop-metal songs recorded.

That's a good one. It's no "Round and Round" though. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Just for the record i think "Looks That Kill" is one of the best pop-metal songs recorded.

Yet another GREAT Pop Metal song with a not so great singer...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Would it be bad to admit I like 3 Doors Down? Out of the modern bands they stand out as one of the better ones to me.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:00 pm

he sure is a pretty man... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:37 pm

Quote :
Would it be bad to admit I like 3 Doors Down? Out of the modern bands they stand out as one of the better ones to me.

Nothing wrong with that at all...they're a good band.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yet another GREAT Pop Metal song with a not so great singer...

Totally agree.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:47 pm

manny wrote:
I love the first two Motley Crue albums, lots of classic early 80's LA metal, after that they sort of lost the plot with 'Theatre' and 'Girls!' too many filler tunes IMO.

I concur. Nikki was really into the occult back in those days. Eventually he got spooked by the whole thing, and hence we got "Theatre of Pain". I guess he should kept screwing around with that ouija board.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:58 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
manny wrote:
I love the first two Motley Crue albums, lots of classic early 80's LA metal, after that they sort of lost the plot with 'Theatre' and 'Girls!' too many filler tunes IMO.

I concur. Nikki was really into the occult back in those days. Eventually he got spooked by the whole thing, and hence we got "Theatre of Pain". I guess he should kept screwing around with that ouija board.

I'm no professor, but being wacked out of your skull on smack may have contributed to the decline in songwriting as well. drunken

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 5:41 pm

should have known this was just another bash the Crue thread.

Everytime I've seen the band, they have always sounded great, and
VINCE has always aced the vocals. Man if you don't like 'em, toss 'em!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 6:25 pm

When you get lurkers to make a post you know the thread is good.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 7:01 pm

I always thought he was a pretty good singer...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:22 pm

1.) Theater Of Pain
2.) Shout At The Devil
3.) Too Fast For Love

That's my fave top 3 MC albums.I just wanted to share that w/ everyone. Very Happy I have a few live Crue recordings and I never thought Vince was that bad. don\'t know

Last edited by the sentinel on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I used the wrong emoticon.)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I always thought he was a pretty good singer...

Who do you think isn't?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:52 pm

another subjective topic

interesting how most bands with singers having limited/poor range in that era were the most succesful. The exception being
Jack Russell (the early 80's) and Sebastian Bach (the late 80's)

Motley was alot more interesting before Elektra came along and got the machine humming along. They were infamous for changing arrangements from gig to gig, either due to working the bugs out ? or they were too hammered to remember how they played it before ? Vince had that pretty boy surfer dude look that attracted lots of fine lookin' Betty's to the gigs.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:

This statement is true.

Unfortunately, Vince can't really sing much anymore. Not that he could sing great back in the day - you know there was some studio trickery going on there. I mean, if you listen to old live recordings, he never sounded THAT great. Thing is, now that he's older & has drank away much of his ability, he really sounds pretty bad much of the time. It's sad, because if he had actually taken the time to develop his instrument, he could have been totally killer. As it stands, he's a 2nd rate vocalist who got WAY more credit than he deserved for the pop-metal revolution. The same goes for many of the other guys from that era, like Stephen Pearcy (love the guy's voice, but he really wasn't a great singer until "Detonator").
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:30 pm

If you listen to "Dr. Feelgood" (the song) you can hear all the punch-in's on the vocals...like he recorded one line at a time...
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 9:10 pm

I don't think he's that bad. I'm not a Motley Crue fan, but I find his voice more tolerable than a lot of other singers. I mean, I'd rather listen to that type of singing rather than most of what you hear in death metal(there's some bias there people, I'm not dragging that genre down as a whole, but I prefer clean vocals).
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:05 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
If you listen to "Dr. Feelgood" (the song) you can hear all the punch-in's on the vocals...like he recorded one line at a time...

Same with the whole "Cowboys from Hell" album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:11 pm

Is that really what he did? I always wondered why the strange phrasing on that album? Never heard of anyone doing that before.
Back to top Go down
Sanctifyre
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sanctifyre

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 12:52 am

I never really liked Motley Crue, but "Shout At The Devil" is a classic.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Oh my God, I'm watching "Crue Fest" on VH1 Classic, and man does Vince's voice suck. I can't believe the band actually gave the okay for this to be on cable T.V. "Kickstart My Heart" opened the show, and it sounded like Vince was spent already. I thought it was a glitch to start off the song, but it's Vince either forgetting the lyrics, or the fact that he expects the lyrics to be sung by the audience.

I know that Vince was never a Soprano, but the guy is just an embarrassment now. Is it that father time caught up with him? Maybe the guy could do some scales before the show, or seek some vocal training for guys post 45 years of age? Anyone catch this performance?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:04 am

James B. wrote:
another subjective topic

interesting how most bands with singers having limited/poor range in that era were the most succesful. The exception being
Jack Russell (the early 80's) and Sebastian Bach (the late 80's)

Motley was alot more interesting before Elektra came along and got the machine humming along. They were infamous for changing arrangements from gig to gig, either due to working the bugs out ? or they were too hammered to remember how they played it before ? Vince had that pretty boy surfer dude look that attracted lots of fine lookin' Betty's to the gigs.

I don't think I've ever heard Seb hit the notes live.....

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:06 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Same with the whole "Cowboys from Hell" album.

How can you tell temple? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:21 pm

Quote :

I saw them after Slave came out and he was singing I Remember You somewhere in the stratosphere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Quote :

I bet at the beginning of the tour he was. You can sing like him for only so long during the tour until it starts sounding like crap. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of the worst singers ever...   One of the worst singers ever... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One of the worst singers ever...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next