Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for rattpoison

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
kmorg
rattpoison
manny
8 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Question for rattpoison Empty
PostSubject: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Rattpoison how available are these down under versions of AC/DC's following albums or have they been replaced by the international versions of these two albums:

Question for rattpoison AC_DC_-_High_Voltage_R4-%5BFront%5D-%5Bwww.FreeCovers.net%5D

Question for rattpoison Cifrontai2

I have both on vinyl but I can't seem to find them on CD in the States. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:15 am

Albert records reissued the Australian versions of AC/DC's early albums in '95 or so......but they are currently out of print and command fair prices (just looked on ebay, somewhere from $20 up).

Here's the ebay search..........

http://music.search.ebay.com/ac-dc-albert_CDs_W0QQcatrefZC12QQdfspZ32QQfromZR40QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZ307QQsaobfmtsZinsifQQsatitleZacQ2fdcQ20albert

But in shops down here they are replaced by the international versions........like you i have those on vinyl as well.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:35 am

rattpoison wrote:
Albert records reissued the Australian versions of AC/DC's early albums in '95 or so......but they are currently out of print and command fair prices (just looked on ebay, somewhere from $20 up).

Here's the ebay search..........

http://music.search.ebay.com/ac-dc-albert_CDs_W0QQcatrefZC12QQdfspZ32QQfromZR40QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZ307QQsaobfmtsZinsifQQsatitleZacQ2fdcQ20albert

But in shops down here they are replaced by the international versions........like you i have those on vinyl as well.

Thanks for the information rattpoison.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:54 pm

Where those the only 2 they released downunder, before they got their international break, or where there more?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:01 pm

kmorg wrote:
Where those the only 2 they released downunder, before they got their international break, or where there more?

Just High Voltage, Dirty Deeds is just a different cover with a track listing a little different, on that version it has 'Jailbreak' instead of 'Problem Child' and another song 'R.I.P. (Rock In Peace)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:03 pm

I believe LET THERE BE ROCK was also released in Australia with a different cover on it. I have a bootleg of AC/DC rarities that includes a song called "Crabsody in Blue," the liner notes sez it came from the Aussie LET THERE BE ROCK pressing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I believe LET THERE BE ROCK was also released in Australia with a different cover on it. I have a bootleg of AC/DC rarities that includes a song called "Crabsody in Blue," the liner notes sez it came from the Aussie LET THERE BE ROCK pressing.

I forgot about that yes the album cover looks like this.

Question for rattpoison LetThereBeRockAustralianCover
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:09 pm

manny wrote:

I forgot about that yes the album cover looks like this.

Question for rattpoison LetThereBeRockAustralianCover

Yup, that be the one, boss.

According to our pals at Wikipedia, the track listing on the Aussie version is:

1. "Go Down" – 5:20 (vinyl), 5:33 (CD)
  2. "Dog Eat Dog" – 3:35
  3. "Let There Be Rock"– 6:07
  4. "Bad Boy Boogie" – 4:28
  5. "Overdose" – 6:09
  6. "Crabsody In Blue" – 4:45
  7. "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" – 4:15
  8. "Whole Lotta Rosie" – 5:22

For the U.S. and international versions, "Crabsody in Blue" was replaced by "Problem Child"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:15 pm

I have a qustion for rattpoison... Is Ratt and Poison your favorite bands? Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I have a qustion for rattpoison... Is Ratt and Poison your favorite bands? Smile

I believe that might have been ....a metaphor.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I didn't know that song really existed. I thought "Crabsody in Blue" was one of those carzy bootlegged, never recorded songs, much like the Rolling Stones fabled "C*cksucker Blues".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocksucker_Blues

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:51 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I believe that might have been ....a metaphor.

It's ok... i was just kidding no need to spill that into this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Rock In Peace is such a GREAT song, can't believe that never made it onto one of the U.S. releases.

By the way, I remember listening to a few of those reissued CDs when they came out back in '95...and they sounded like crap (as in nowhere near as good as the U.S. versions available at the time).
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:53 pm

detuned wrote:
Rock In Peace is such a GREAT song, can't believe that never made it onto one of the U.S. releases.

By the way, I remember listening to a few of those reissued CDs when they came out back in '95...and they sounded like crap (as in nowhere near as good as the U.S. versions available at the time).

That would explain why they were taken off the market.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:47 pm

I have both of those I may be persuaded to give up, Manny. Pm me an offer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:52 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I have both of those I may be persuaded to give up, Manny. Pm me an offer.

Scratch that. I think I sold my AC/DC. Or it is somewhere that I can't find...
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:14 pm

kmorg wrote:
Where those the only 2 they released downunder, before
they got their international break, or where there more?

There was TNT (1976) as well which i think became the US version of High Voltage........

Question for rattpoison Ac_dc_tnt_1996_cd

1. It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll)

2. Rock 'N' Roll Singer

3. The Jack

4. Live Wire

5. T.N.T.

6. Rocker

7. Can I Sit Next to You Girl

8. High Voltage

9. School Days
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:16 pm

manny wrote:
detuned wrote:

That would explain why they were taken off the market.

They weren't taken off the market......they sold out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:22 pm

The U.S. version of High Voltage is similar, but it includes the songs Little Lover and She's Got Balls.

Rocker ended up on the U.S. version of Dirty Deeds.

What albums were Little Lover and She's Got Balls released on in Australia?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Ive got the aussie versions, T.N.T is just the american version of High Voltage with different cover art and minus a few songs from the american version. As for the others:

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap:
1.)Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
2.)Ain't No Fun (Waiting Around To Be A Millionaire)
3.)There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'
4.)Problem Child
5.)Squealer
6.)Big Balls
7.)R.I.P. (Rock In Peace)
8.)Ride On
9.)Jailbreak

Let There Be Rock:
1.)Go Down
2.)Dog Eat Dog
3.)Let There Be Rock
4.)Bad Boy Boogie
5.)Overdose
6.)Crabsody In Blue
7.)Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
8.)Whole Lotta Rosie

High Voltage:
1.)Baby, Please Don't Go
2.)She's Got Balls
3.)Little Lover
4.)Stick Around
5.)Soul Stripper
6.)You Ain't Got A Hold On Me
7.)Love Song
8.)Show Business

Also, these things were never cheap if I remember right, I think I paid about 30 bucks a piece almost as imports.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:57 am

manny wrote:
Rattpoison how available are these down under versions of AC/DC's following albums or have they been replaced by the international versions of these two albums:

Question for rattpoison AC_DC_-_High_Voltage_R4-%5BFront%5D-%5Bwww.FreeCovers.net%5D

Question for rattpoison Cifrontai2

I have both on vinyl but I can't seem to find them on CD in the States. Thanks.

I live in Australia you can still get those albums there not sure on Cd but definitely on vinyl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for rattpoison   Question for rattpoison Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for rattpoison
Page 1 of 1