Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I was just wondering....

Go down 
+18
XYZ
Smindas
MetalRob331
Addy
mc666
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
rattpoison
Troublezone
GrandNational
Svengo
Fat Freddy
Schbopo
tohostudios
sam
thejokeriv
Stender
Mglaffas81
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm evolving as we speak. The lump on the back of my neck is growing bigger every day. I think it will eventually develop into a set of really cool bat-wings. I was just wondering.... - Page 2 337331

Or it could grow into a second head, thus setting off a chain of events like the ones foretold in Scatterbrain's classic track, "I'm With Stupid"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 3:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm evolving as we speak. The lump on the back of my neck is growing bigger every day. I think it will eventually develop into a set of really cool bat-wings. I was just wondering.... - Page 2 337331

Maybe you're an X-Men mutant like Archangel. Let us know when you get your wings.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:04 pm

There does seem to be scientific evidence behind the THEORY of evolution (again, a theory, but with scientific evidence). Did it happen exactly as Darwin said? Don't know - the only absolute truth is God (IMHO). I don't believe in a 7 day creation....

.....but on the 8th day God created Rock & Roll

FYI - I am a Christian and I believe the Bible is the best we have of God's revelation to us. Not trying to pick a fight with anyone, but I don't believe the Bible is inerrant. Heck, different branches of Christianity can't even agree on the cannon of the Bible. Calvin (and I am in no way, shape or form a calvinst/reformed theology type) and Luther (not a Luthern either) didn't think Revelations should be in the Bible. The meetings when the Bible was cannonized were sparked by healthy debated and the easiest books that got in where the ones used by most of the different churches across the world at the time. The other books where open to heavy debate. The only reason Song of Songs is cannonized is that an old dude at these meetings felt the Bible needed to show the sexual aspect of man. And he fought for it tooth and nail - and won because he was the least likely person to fight for it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:04 pm

GrandNational wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Maybe you're an X-Men mutant like Archangel. Let us know when you get your wings.

I just heard a bell ring! Did MG get his wings?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Or it could grow into a second head, thus setting off a chain of events like the ones foretold in Scatterbrain's classic track, "I'm With Stupid"

Here comes trouble is a ultra rad album!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Stender wrote:

🤘

Right on Dude! Oh, wait... I probably shouldn't call you "dude"

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Stender wrote:

🤘

Right on Dude! Oh, wait... I probably shouldn't call you "dude"

hahaha...DONT CALL ME DUDE!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:38 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
The only reason Song of Songs is cannonized is that an old dude at these meetings felt the Bible needed to show the sexual aspect of man. And he fought for it tooth and nail - and won because he was the least likely person to fight for it.

What kind of as bad Church History class did you participate in? Coming from the Eastern Tradition, I just had to laugh at this.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:05 pm

GrandNational wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
The only reason Song of Songs is cannonized is that an old dude at these meetings felt the Bible needed to show the sexual aspect of man. And he fought for it tooth and nail - and won because he was the least likely person to fight for it.

What kind of as bad Church History class did you participate in? Coming from the Eastern Tradition, I just had to laugh at this.

Eastern Orthodox, eh? Some of your folks where at the ecumenical councils..... I was raised catholic, was part of evangelical churches, now am more emerging/post-modern/post-evangelical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 8:43 pm

GrandNational wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
You could say you don't see transitioning now from one species to another because you don't know of the future species.......but the fact that subspecies and different genetic populations exist furthers the point that evolution is still happening, just that it takes a long long time.

Listen Nostradamus, show me real and tangible species right now that are transforming and mutating as we speak into other species and them maybe we can talk.
A silly angle. Evolution doesn't happen overnight.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
You could say you don't see transitioning now from one species to another because you don't know of the future species.......but the fact that subspecies and different genetic populations exist furthers the point that evolution is still happening, just that it takes a long long time.

Listen Nostradamus, show me real and tangible species right now that are transforming and mutating as we speak into other species and them maybe we can talk.

Nope....not overnight or ever in history according to logic/science.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:40 pm

One more insult and this thread is gone. I'm leaving it for now because a RESPECTFUL debate on an involved topic with multiple opposing viewpoints can be interesting.

Now, as for my opinion:

I do not believe in evolution completely. I see adaptation as a proven fact, and the look and purpose of a species can change due to changes in climate, location, environmental changes, etc. However, I do NOT believe that all life sprang forth from a single organism. There is nothing in the universe that can convince me otherwise. Everything is in a perpetual state of decay. There is too much chaos and chance on display for me to think that matter and genetics can suddenly come together in such a perfect display of order as to produce things as complex as the living organisms on this planet.

Secondly, there are no transitional fossils. Darwin himself said that the finding of them, or the lack of them would make or break his theory (paraphrased that, obviously). In addition, genetic material does not, and as far as I know, can not add to itself. It can only mutate or lose material. If genetic material can not add to itself, then simple organisms can not become complex organisms.

I'll go on a slightly different track now. I believe God created the universe and any and all life within it. Things don't happen without a catalyst, and I know that He was that catalyst. Now, could species' He created have evolved into different types? Possibly, through adaptation to their surrounding the look and function could have changed. Did they become something more than they were? No, and this is something never observed, nor something that can or will be observed.

I remember reading an article a few years back. If anyone has information on the following information in this article, please let me know. I never followed up to see if the follow-up confirmed the find or if it was shown to be a hoax, etc. A dinosaur bone was found, and it was believed to still have marrow within the bone. We know marrow decays quickly, and even if the bone was preserved in fantastic manner, there is NO way the marrow would still be there after millions of years. The first thing a scientist said in response to this was that we obviously don't understand decay well enough. Sorry, but I think we understand decay VERY well...

Anyway, there is my opinion (belief, knowlege, whatever). If you don't agree, good on ya. I won't mind hearing your reasons why, or reading what you believe. Almost completely set that it won't change my mind, but I do enjoy hearing the views others have if done in a respectful way.

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:47 pm

Stender wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Nope....not overnight or ever in history according to logic/science.
What?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 12:34 am

Quote :
One more insult and this thread is gone. I'm leaving it for now because a RESPECTFUL debate on an involved topic with multiple opposing viewpoints can be interesting.

Now, as for my opinion:

Ahh, that was cute.
Honestly, I wonder to myself what it would take to really get you upset, Ben. And what that would look like when it happened. Probably pretty funny as you obviously don't have much experience in the field of anger. I am gonna punch you in the nads next time I see ya.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:09 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :

Now, as for my opinion:

Ahh, that was cute.
Honestly, I wonder to myself what it would take to really get you upset, Ben. And what that would look like when it happened. Probably pretty funny as you obviously don't have much experience in the field of anger. I am gonna punch you in the nads next time I see ya.

lol!

Dude, I almost had tears in my eyes reading that! That's one side of me that has rarely been seen since my early 20's. Actually, my brotha from anotha motha, I used to have an extremely volatile temper. From about 14-21 or so I had the kind of temper that could lead to sudden, violent outburts. The older I've gotten, the more I've realized that that kind of stuff is stupid. I've gotten so mellow in the last several years; you are right on one count. It does take a bit to get me pissed now. Only things now that can get me to go up in flames are messing with my family and my ex-wife doing something stupid in some lame attempt to "get back at me".

Sometimes it seems that woman doesn't realize we got divorced nearly 10 years ago...

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:13 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm evolving as we speak. The lump on the back of my neck is growing bigger every day.
that's your head you ego maniac.

Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 6:26 am

Stender, lay off. I was afraid that this thread would start some kind of flame war, but then I again this is such a cool board, so I think we can discuss such a heavy topic in a respectful and mature manner. If you don't like Eyesore, fine. You guys obviously misunderstand each other. Let's just move on with this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Personally, although debating topics such as these, can be thought-provoking, I think the bottom line is, for us Christians anyway, it is really a non-issue. Nothing can be done about it and all things will be known in the end. So, if this issue stirs up anger and negativity, I think it is another tool Satan uses to distract humanity from what should be its' main focus'. Kind of like when Clinton was getting impeached. There were such MAJOR things going on that nobody even heard about [and the government pretty much got away with whatever it wanted for a good 9 months there] because everything was about stained dresses, Ken Starr, and conservative hatred toward Clinton. Just using that as a cross-reference, but you get the point.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Thanks Saxon I learned something new today Smile

About the Moondust thing that is
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:27 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Eastern Orthodox, eh? Some of your folks where at the ecumenical councils..... I was raised catholic, was part of evangelical churches, now am more emerging/post-modern/post-evangelical.

Oriental Orthodox...slightly different. We only accept the first 3 Councils.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

How is it silly to ask to see a species that is in-between to transforming into another species? Has evolution taken a slumber? A genetic mutation in any living being is death to the organism, not a transition to something completely different.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:39 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :

Now, as for my opinion:

Ahh, that was cute.

lol!

Dude, I almost had tears in my eyes reading that! That's one side of me that has rarely been seen since my early 20's. Actually, my brotha from anotha motha, I used to have an extremely volatile temper. From about 14-21 or so I had the kind of temper that could lead to sudden, violent outburts. The older I've gotten, the more I've realized that that kind of stuff is stupid. I've gotten so mellow in the last several years; you are right on one count. It does take a bit to get me pissed now. Only things now that can get me to go up in flames are messing with my family and my ex-wife doing something stupid in some lame attempt to "get back at me".

Sometimes it seems that woman doesn't realize we got divorced nearly 10 years ago...

Wow that sounds like my youth as well. I can let anything slide now but before it was hands before words. Unless like you stated my family gets put into the equation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:24 pm

GrandNational wrote:
How is it silly to ask to see a species that is in-between to transforming into another species?
Because Earth is about 5 billion years old.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:28 pm

So Eyesore, I am interested, what exactly are your views on evolution?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
So Eyesore, I am interested, what exactly are your views on evolution?
It exists. It's happened and continues to happen. The only reason people can say it's not proven is because we can't personally go back in time and make something irrefutable fact. But I'll take the massive, overflowing archives of scientific data (which is fact) over everything else any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was just wondering....   I was just wondering.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I was just wondering....
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next