Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Mortification pre-orders...

Go down 
+13
nevermore
Troublezone
Stender
sam
candlemass
mc666
Lurideath
kethdredd
powermacho
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
RimShot
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:42 am

I've lost interest in Mort over the years. I have the last one and its decent, but I don't ever find myself wanting to listen to them much anymore. I have the utmost respect for Steve and the Morty camp though. But I'll probably pass on this one and I may wind up trying to sell off some their other stuff that I have.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:34 pm

Here's a preview of the album cover art.

New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 5841

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Rex wrote:
I've lost interest in Mort over the years. I have the last one and its decent, but I don't ever find myself wanting to listen to them much anymore. I have the utmost respect for Steve and the Morty camp though. But I'll probably pass on this one and I may wind up trying to sell off some their other stuff that I have.

Ill second that thought rex. I was an avid mort fan up to when they released silver chord and after that I lost all interest in them. I think steve does a lot of good work but his recent music doesnt do much for me anymore. I got erasing and was pretty bored with it. I still like their early stuff from break the curse up to the envision though.

Alex

candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:46 pm

To each his own, IMO Mort has always put out at least solid lp's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:09 am

How many of you think the album cover is cheesy? It's pretty bad, even worst than the album title.

I was going to pre-order, but it looks like it's coming out on digipak format first. I think I'll wait for the jewel case.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:28 am

Of course it's chezzy, it's metal isn't it? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:41 am

candlemass wrote:
Of course it's chezzy, it's metal isn't it? lol!

lol!

I was watching the Grind Planets DVD yesterday and it reminded me that Mortification have always had a bizarre, cheesy sense of humor. Anyone else ever seen that DVD?

I must admit, I'm not a big fan of the cover art, but the music works for me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:19 am

The artwork look modern, I hope it doesn't sound like it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:36 am

powermacho wrote:
The artwork look modern, I hope it doesn't sound like it.

Really? You think it looks modern? I think it looks very 80's. It's pretty typical of Troy Dunmire. He's done a lot of the more recent Mortification albums. I really doubt that Steve, at this point in his life, will try to go "modern".

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:53 am

Historically, Mortification has not had very many good album covers.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:55 am

Another child like cartoon cover... Oh well i hope the music is at least good.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:01 pm

Ult, It does look like PLEASURE TO KILL or ENDLESS PAIN, but they did it very cheesy, it reminds me to the artwork from WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE re-release

I did placed the pre-order today, but on the Firestream many guys already did they pre-orders. I guess I will be down on the list Sad, being a huge fan, I wanted to be on the top
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Its not as bad as this...

New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 1365

The fact that Steve is still kickin and making music is a miraculous thing no matter how it's packaged. Peeps should support it at least for that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:04 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Its not as bad as this...

New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 1365

NOTHING will ever be as bad as that cover!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Troublezone wrote:

at least its better than the cover of the lightforce comp cd they put out a few years back with those silly looking stormtroopers Smile

New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 99182126

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Somebody on Blabbermouth called the artwork "a buffed-out homo-erotic Manowar angel" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Somebody on Blabbermouth called the artwork "a buffed-out homo-erotic Manowar angel" Laughing very hard

laughing

I hope they didnt pay a lot for that cover....

Alex

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mortification pre-orders...   New Mortification pre-orders... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Mortification pre-orders...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2