Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill's Horrorscope

Go down 
+13
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Selvmord
Thrasher73
sam
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
kmorg
Troublezone
manny
Gilbert
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Overkill's Horrorscope - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:34 pm

Horrorscope is an EXCELLENT album, damn near perfect in fact. My favorite song is "Bare Bones". I saw them on that tour at Hammerjacks (with Galactic Cowboys opening). Killer!

I wasn't that crazy about I Hear Black when it first came out, but quite a few years later I listened to it again and LOVED IT. Still do. My favorite track is "Weight Of The World".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:53 am

Horrorscope was the 1st Overkill album I owned. For a long time it was the only Overkill album I owned. Then one day I was listening to it and something just clicked in my mind and I said "Why don't I have more of their stuff? It's awesome". Shortly thereafter, I went out and bought up their entire discography.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:56 am

manny wrote:
IMO Overkill's entire discography is underrated.

yep,I think Overkill has the strongest most consistent catalog of any band out there.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:59 am

classic album by classic band!

OVERKILL RULES!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
"I hear black" is pretty good too, but quite unerrated.

See, now I love just about everything else Overkill has ever done but I HEAR BLACK was a letdown for me. To this day I take it off the shelf once or twice a year to listen to two songs ("World of Hurt" and "Spiritual Void") and then it goes back in the rack. The rest of it goes in one ear and out the other for me. Blitz himself has gone on record saying that even he doesnt' like that album very much, so at least I'm not the only one.

I agree. I think I Hear Black is their weakest release but does contain a few good tunes on it. Also, I'd get the Killing Kind next. I think that's a pretty solid album (especially "The Cleansing")
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Gilbert wrote:
manny wrote:
IMO Overkill's entire discography is underrated.

Totally agree. I even think they're better then bands like anthrax, exodus and testament...But hey, that's just my humble opinion.

I'm with you too here. They just keep putting out outstanding disc after disc. Horrorscope is a great cd and makes my top 5 Overkill cds.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:12 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Great disc!

🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:52 am

Not an altogether bad one. Heard it about six hours ago after seeing this thread. I intended to listen to it and then drop an insightful comment on it. But, six hours ago is a long time for my burnt brain. Can't remember a single thing about the dang thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's Horrorscope   Overkill's Horrorscope - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill's Horrorscope
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2