Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crooked X anyone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Crooked X anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Crooked X anyone?   Crooked X anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:10 pm

Some old school sounds mixed with a modern edge from these kids. Doc Mcghee managing them so i'm sure he's influenced them. I'm reminded of so many bands from AC/DC on a couple songs to Motley Crue's heavier side and even a thrashy moment here and there. You should check it out, I was pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Crooked X anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crooked X anyone?   Crooked X anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 10:57 am

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/i-don-t-like-new-metal-t8559.htm?highlight=like+new+metal

Just to clarify, the link is to another thread where I was mentioning the band. It is not only about this band.

Crooked X anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crooked X anyone?   Crooked X anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 1:42 pm

I read that link and I understand. I was actually prepared to hate these guys but maybe because of the low expectations I was surprised. Here's a link for anyone who might want to listen. Song 4 and 8 are the best.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H9N8AC/ref=s9_sdps_c2_s1_p15_t1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=057PMQ7CKRYA6GF316DM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463383371&pf_rd_i=507846
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Crooked X anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crooked X anyone?   Crooked X anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:04 pm

I just ordered that for 4.99.

Thanks for feeding my addiction eTo...errrrr... Numbskull.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Crooked X anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crooked X anyone?   Crooked X anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:09 am

These guys are making quite a buzz right now.I've seen them on MTV alot the last couple of weeks.Not bad considering I wasnt ezpecting much.They kinda have a 70ish vibe similar to The Answer
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Crooked X anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crooked X anyone?   Crooked X anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:30 am

I like what I've heard from this band so far, especially the live track.
Back to top Go down

Crooked X anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crooked X anyone?   Crooked X anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Maybe since the expectations were so low it made them seem more palatable. It's not a big player but my kids like 'em so they get played now and again.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Crooked X anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crooked X anyone?   Crooked X anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:13 pm

Hey, they're just teenage Okies, so give 'em a break, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crooked X anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crooked X anyone?   Crooked X anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crooked X anyone?
Page 1 of 1