Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Them Crooked Vultures

Go down 
+3
manny
MetalGuy71
Svengo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Them Crooked Vultures Empty
PostSubject: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 4:02 pm

http://www.last.fm/music/Them+Crooked+Vultures/_/New+Fang
Anybody else here looking forward to this record?

In case you don't know this is the next "Supergroup" comprised of Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones. I really like the lead single.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:25 pm

I've been VERY excited since I first heard of this.

Josh is one of my heroes and I've had the pleasure to meet him on several occasions...a more down to earth musician you'll never meet.

This is going to be an AWESOME record.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:42 am

Hmmmm, not blown away by that first single. Not bad, but it didn't tweak my nips like I thought it would. Still looking forward to this release though. I just hope the sum of the parts making up this group don't overshadow the end product.

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 12:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hmmmm, not blown away by that first single. Not bad, but it didn't tweak my nips like I thought it would. Still looking forward to this release though. I just hope the sum of the parts making up this group don't overshadow the end product.

Yeah the track didn't hit me to hard at first either, but the more I listened to it the more I like it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Svengo wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yeah the track didn't hit me to hard at first either, but the more I listened to it the more I like it.

After all the hype that last "supergroup" got, the expectations were set quite high and by most accounts the Chickenfoot album was slightly above average at best. I hope this one doesn't to fall into that trap.

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 3:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
After all the hype that last "supergroup" got, the expectations were set quite high and by most accounts the Chickenfoot album was slightly above average at best. I hope this one doesn't to fall into that trap.

Well in the case of Chickenfoot my expectaions were pretty much met. Then again I don't expect much more from anything Hagar is involved in, but maybe that's just me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Svengo wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Well in the case of Chickenfoot my expectaions were pretty much met. Then again I don't expect much more from anything Hagar is involved in, but maybe that's just me.

I haven't heard it myself, just a song or 2. I'm not much of a Hagar fan myself, other than the stuff he did in VH. I'm just basing that on the reviews I've read and the opinions of some of the board members here. On paper, the combo of those 4 sounded great. The end result, not so much.

Eh, whadda I know? Here's hoping for the best with the Vultures! Them Crooked Vultures 495333

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:02 pm

LOL. Well, main songwriter in Chickenfoot is Shammy Haggard...songwriters in TCV is Homme/Jones....NO WAY it won't be better.

\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:13 pm

I have high hopes for Them Crooked Vultures but most 'super group' are usually somewhat disappointing.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:27 pm

I saw this album at the store when I was browsing cd's.... but I forgot who was in it so I didn't pick it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Im curious as Im a big fan of Dave Grohl
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:05 am

Here are streams of the entire album out on the 17th.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:27 am

Them Crooked Vultures 29150 AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:36 am

Its taken me several listens of each track to really get into 'em, but once I have I'm really liking each one more and more. I think this album is gonna be a "grower" for me and I mean that in a good way. I'm thinking I won't get tired of this record for a while.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:29 pm

I will probably pick this up sometime next week. Being a big Led Zeppelin fan, I am stoked to see what Jones can do with this new band. In other words, I haven't listened to the leaks yet. I wanna be surprised by this one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 am

XYZ wrote:
I will probably pick this up sometime next week. Being a big Led Zeppelin fan, I am stoked to see what Jones can do with this new band. In other words, I haven't listened to the leaks yet. I wanna be surprised by this one.

I'm kinda in the same boat here. I only heard the one song and while I wasn't blown away, I do want to hear more. But I'll probably wait a little before I run out to get this.

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:48 am

you guys that are waiting are nuts...it's a great album. Them Crooked Vultures Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:54 am

detuned wrote:
you guys that are waiting are nuts...it's a great album. Them Crooked Vultures Icon_smile

Ahhhhh, peer pressure!! I'll go out at lunch today and get it. Them Crooked Vultures Icon_razz

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:13 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
detuned wrote:

Ahhhhh, peer pressure!! I'll go out at lunch today and get it. Them Crooked Vultures Icon_razz

It's officially out tomorrow, so you can wait till then. Them Crooked Vultures 201269
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:21 am

It IS great, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:37 am

I just got the CD and I gotta say I like it. Im not a fan of Zep but I am a fan of Dave Grohl , Im really liking this CD
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Them Crooked Vultures   Them Crooked Vultures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Them Crooked Vultures
Page 1 of 1