Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting

Go down 
+8
Chairman_Smith
Stender
Schbopo
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
manny
Gilbert
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Empty
PostSubject: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 am

I'm really starting to appreciate those 2 in 1 releases. Made me buy albums by bands i never was really interested in. This is how i acquired skidrow's skidrow and slave to the grind. Today, i got both manowar's kings of metal and the triunph of steel, for a relatively cheap price.

I hope they release sanctuary's refuge denied and into the mirror black, as well as other out of print albums.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:18 am

I really donot like those two for one albums, they are usually put out from some label in Russia, and the reason I for the most part donot like them is because they usually par two albums that are years and even different line ups apart, for example I have a Whitesnake album that combines 'Ready an Willing' with 'Strakers in Tokyo', but it is a good deal if your not anal about your collection like I am.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:01 am

manny wrote:
I really donot like those two for one albums, they are usually put out from some label in Russia, and the reason I for the most part donot like them is because they usually par two albums that are years and even different line ups apart, for example I have a Whitesnake album that combines 'Ready an Willing' with 'Strakers in Tokyo', but it is a good deal if your not anal about your collection like I am.

I totally agree with you. I'm quite anal about my collection too. It's just that metal is quite hard to get around here...So whenever i see something labeled metal, i do not hesitate. It's just a temporary measure until my next trip to europe, during which i do my most of my metal shopping...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:21 am

For the most part I dont care for them.They usually leave off a song or two on some of the albums,the artwork and booklet is cheapo.It is a good way to pick up an album a little cheaper though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:06 pm

eBay used to be flooded with those 2-on-1's a few years ago, though i don't see them very often anymore. I always thought about picking up a couple just for conversation pieces. I found it odd that they would usually "combo" albums that were released years apart (as Manny mentioned) -- I remember seeing discs with Kiss' first album and HOT IN THE SHADE on one disc, Judas Priest's ROCKA ROLLA and SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE on the same CD... odd.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:07 pm

I personally love those things and wish I had more.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:09 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I personally love those things and wish I had more.

You can have my 2-on-1 of the first two Deliverance albums if you want to go down memory lane. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Sometimes they do it right. I picked up the first two Fastway albums and a couple Zebra albums this way.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:17 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
Sometimes they do it right. I picked up the first two Fastway albums and a couple Zebra albums this way.

True I have King Diamond 2 for 1, which has Fatal Portrait and Abigail, but that one was released by the Metal Blade label where I am sure alot of these albums were unauthorized.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:26 pm

manny wrote:

True I have King Diamond 2 for 1, which has Fatal Portrait and Abigail, but that one was released by the Metal Blade label where I am sure alot of these albums were unauthorized.

I have the King Diamond FATAL/ABIGAIL combo and also Annihilator's ALICE IN HELL/NEVER NEVERLAND ... they were on Roadrunner Records, by the way. The booklets could've used more detail but otherwise I got no complaints about those.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

I have the King Diamond FATAL/ABIGAIL combo and also Annihilator's ALICE IN HELL/NEVER NEVERLAND ... they were on Roadrunner Records, by the way. The booklets could've used more detail but otherwise I got no complaints about those.

I stand corrected it was Road Runner, I agree skimpy on info but it sounds great and it didnot combine Fatal with Puppet Master so no complaints here either, but for the most part I avoid these 2 for 1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:42 pm

The 2 for 1 things are sequenced weird because they have to find 2 albums to fiton one cd most times.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:45 pm

I bought the Anthrax one with Fistful and Armed And Dangerous together, pretty cool, but Id rather have the originals in that case though.

On the other hand, I have a bunch of Accept ones I got from Spec I dig pretty well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:46 pm

I dont think you got those from me.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:47 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
The 2 for 1 things are sequenced weird because they have to find 2 albums to fiton one cd most times.

That never occured to me, and that makes sense, My King Diamond has the two albums in their own individual CD's.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
eBay used to be flooded with those 2-on-1's a few years ago, though i don't see them very often anymore. I always thought about picking up a couple just for conversation pieces. I found it odd that they would usually "combo" albums that were released years apart (as Manny mentioned) -- I remember seeing discs with Kiss' first album and HOT IN THE SHADE on one disc, Judas Priest's ROCKA ROLLA and SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE on the same CD... odd.

Thats the reason Ive avoided The Beatles ones Ive seen, the albums they pair together are usually so far apart, itd screw the flow of the albums.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 4:48 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I dont think you got those from me.

Youre right, it was Sax lol!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:04 pm

I love these things!

British Steel + Screaming for Vengeance for 10 bucks? Awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:13 am

Just to put it out there - the Baltic presses ARE authorized. Irond, CD-Maximum, etc purchase the licencing rights from ASCAP [or somewhere] and manufacture/resell them for very little Ruble. That started after the demise of the USSR as the economy was roached over there and that was the only way to spark some cashflow from music buyers [no one could afford most "imports"]. Trick is they were not to be sold outside of the Baltic states. There are Russian boots of some albums, but when they can buy a cd for $1.50, there is no profit in bootlegging.

And, personally, I appreciate the Ruske 2 on 1's because, after they started filtering out of Russia, labels got angry and re-issued alot of stuff worldwide, as they were losing money otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 12:31 am

Every time I have encountered one, they have cheap inserts and usually are missing a couple tunes...so I dont really dig em'.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:30 am

I have Ozzy's Ultimate Sin and No Rest For The Wicked packed together, albeit on separate CDs.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:26 am

I like 'em too.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 11:21 am

I do have one 2 on 1 release I really like that I got from my favorite Uncle.

Exumer-Possessed by Fire/Rising from the Sea
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:09 pm

I have the Obituary 2-fers of Cause of Death/Slowly We Rot and World Demise/End Complete. For what I paid for them (8.00) they were well worth it. And they have all the live and demo bonus tracks included.

Not a bad way to fill out a discography on the cheap.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:25 pm

Never seen these before!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting   2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 in 1 releases: pretty interesting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next