Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!

Go down 
+17
nevermore
kmorg
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
stevegarveyfan
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
the sentinel
sam
manny
ultmetal
MetalRob331
chucksteak
Rex
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:41 pm

My bosses and co-workers have known I'm a metalhead for years. Of course it hasn't been a big secret either. lol!
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:01 am

I used to have about 40 gigs of hard rock and metal on my computer's iTunes as a shared folder. Out of about 300 employees I would consistently have 3 to 4 people connected to mine. For the most part nobody said anything but there have been a few remarks about my concert shirts. A few years ago I was told that it wasn't professional (I work with a printer and large format laminator all day in an area where no one sees me) Anyhow when I started wearing the effin' polo shirts they all said look he's growing up. Still gripes me. Then some MF decided to hack into my music folder and proceeded to copy it all off onto his profile. This really griped me, now I only have some of really heavy stuff on there and have blocked any sharing.

It is good that some of you guys work in areas that don't have to deal with this stuff, but I more than make up for it my truck to and from work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:14 am

Quote :
look he's growing up

Cute little comments like this is why people go postal at their jobs. Others tend to look down on people who listen to metal at an advanced age. Why I do not know.

I've been thinking about how I should be more "grown-up" lately. My conclusion is Smurf 'em. I am who I am. I will never be a stuffy, turtleneck-wearing middle class honky who sits in a comfy chair reading the Wall Street Journal while my wife makes me dinner and my little annoying kids run around and break my stuff. I'm just not cut out for it.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:00 am

They have been trying to get me to cut my hair off for years too. Even though I need too, I am hanging on to as my last act of defiance and non conformity. Now if I am forced to have to find new employment I may cut it but not until then.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:21 am

If your hair and shirts are such a high priority, maybe you should reevaluate your priorities. There are many more important things in life. I'm not at all saying that these things are wrong. I wear concert shirts pretty often, but I am who I am, regardless of what I happen to drape over my body every day.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:57 am

Did you get your pink slip today?
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:00 pm

Sorry to take this thread off track, it really has nothing to do with hair and clothes.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:42 pm

It is 2009, I doubt many people care if a man has long hair or not, as long it is clean and groomed, I work for a huge fortune 500 bank and have long hair and donot wear it in a pony tail. Nobody here cares as long as do my work.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
If your hair and shirts are such a high priority, maybe you should reevaluate your priorities. There are many more important things in life.
Tell that to the people who insist on wearing polo's and having short hair. They're the one's who really need to hear it.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:40 pm

7thSecond wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:
If your hair and shirts are such a high priority, maybe you should reevaluate your priorities. There are many more important things in life.
Tell that to the people who insist on wearing polo's and having short hair. They're the one's who really need to hear it.

True enough, but I don't visit their forums. They probably wouldn't let me join.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:23 am

Be proud to be a metalhead. Stand for it. Metal is a way of life. No matter how old you get or what job you have, it'll always be in your heart.

I do some community work during my freetime. Two weeks ago, i went with some people to visit the central prison and help out prisonners. I met with this dude who's serving time for fraud. He confessed he was a metal fan and was missing listening to his favourite music. I allowed myself to make him a double cd containing the best of metal anthems and send it to him.

I hope he's enjoying it. 🤘
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 5:36 pm

well I went to see L.a. Guns in El Paso last week and I did get felt up by a young hottie and that hasn't happened in many years and she didn't go after the short haired dudes around me. I'm not sayin' just sayin'

Screw the man I am not cutting my hair!!!

METAL RULEZ!!! as long as I draw breath. You guys can cut your hair and fit in but I aint gonna. At least not yet. LOL
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 5:42 pm

manny wrote:
It is 2009, I doubt many people care if a man has long hair or not, as long it is clean and groomed, I work for a huge fortune 500 bank and have long hair and donot wear it in a pony tail. Nobody here cares as long as do my work.

Thats cool.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:11 am

manny wrote:

that's the way it's supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:21 pm

I hate the ponytail
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!   My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My bosses found out i'm a metalhead!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2