Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:48 am

Just finished Flesh Eaters by Joe McKinney

Started Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:12 pm

In the Courts of the Sun - Damato
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:35 pm

The Devil In Pew Number Seven by Rebecca Nichols Alonzo
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:46 am

Im reading The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell

its a slow read for me, course during when I started it I read The Hunger Games for the 2nd time and will be starting Catching Fire (book 2) probably today
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:02 am

Song of Fire & Ice(Game of thrones) Book 3: Storm of Swords
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:53 am

Started reading "Blackout," the third volume in Mira Grant's "Newsflesh" zombie/sci-fi trilogy, yesterday... great stuff!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Finally finished Stephen King's Four Past Midnight and am now getting ready to start another collection of his, Skeleton Crew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 5:18 pm

007 wrote:
Finally finished Stephen King's Four Past Midnight and am now getting ready to start another collection of his, Skeleton Crew.

Good stuff, read both when they first came out but I've never revisited them.

Skeleton Crew is especially good; The Mist, The Reach, Mrs. Todd's Shortcut and The Raft are my favorites.

now reading:

Larry Niven - Playgrounds Of The Mind (short stories)

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:23 am

Our Enemy, The State - Albert Jay Nock

Orthodox Psychotherapy: The Science of the Fathers - Nafpaktos Hierotheos

Next 2 lined up will most likely be:

The Mind of the Universe - Mariano Artigas

Creative Suffering and the Wounded Healer - Byron J. Gaist
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 8:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Started reading "Blackout," the third volume in Mira Grant's "Newsflesh" zombie/sci-fi trilogy, yesterday... great stuff!!

Almost finished with this one, and in the on-deck circle:

Black Sabbath: Doom Let Loose by Martin Popoff

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Put this one aside in favor of:

I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution by Craig Marks and Rob Tannenbaum

...fascinating book that covers the first 10 years of MTV's existence (y'know, when the channel was actually good) and explores its impact not only on television and the music industry, but pop culture in general. There are tons of great behind-the-scenes stories in here.

Will go back to the Sabbath book once I'm done with this one, which won't be long at the rate I'm burning through it.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:25 am

What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Img076_1
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:21 pm

Battle for Hue: Tet 1968 by Keith William Nolan

This was the first book I ever read on the Vietnam War and it's excellent. Sadly Mr. Nolan died two years ago but he left us with many fine histories of various Vietnam operations. Unbelievably, he wrote this book when he was only 18-19 years old.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Put this one aside in favor of:

I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution by Craig Marks and Rob Tannenbaum

...fascinating book that covers the first 10 years of MTV's existence (y'know, when the channel was actually good) and explores its impact not only on television and the music industry, but pop culture in general. There are tons of great behind-the-scenes stories in here.

Will go back to the Sabbath book once I'm done with this one, which won't be long at the rate I'm burning through it.

That Sabbath book is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:53 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

I just got back into it yesterday after finishing the MTV book and yup, it is indeed. I'm especially geeking out on all the photos of vintage concert advertisements, weird foreign 45s and singles, etc.. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I just got back into it yesterday after finishing the MTV book and yup, it is indeed. I'm especially geeking out on all the photos of vintage concert advertisements, weird foreign 45s and singles, etc.. Very Happy

I glanced through it at Amoeba, it looks like a lovingly put together book.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Popoff always does a great job on those books. His Judas Priest book is excellent as well.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:55 pm

I just finished the Complete Works of Hercule Poirot by Agatha Christie and now I am in the Complete works of Edgar Alan Poe
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Just started It's So Easy and Other Lies by Duff McKagan.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just started It's So Easy and Other Lies by Duff McKagan.

Finished this one up tonight... great read!

Movin' on to Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography of Kurt Cobain by Charles R. Cross

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:37 am

James Dean: A Short Life by Venable Herndon
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:53 am

I'm halfway thru A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin.

Great series

New Game of Thrones TV 3/31/13

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Quote :

I love that book.

Quote :
Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography of Kurt Cobain by Charles R. Cross

Just remember who the source is for it - it's pretty obvious. Prepare for some Dave Grohl bashing. Despite all that, I still thought it was a worthwhile read.

I'm currently finishing Dance Of Days about the D.C. punk movement. It's a great book if you are familiar with the names and acts - but boy is it a disjointed telling of the story. No idea how anyone outside of fans could follow any of it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:03 pm

jstate wrote:

Quote :
Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography of Kurt Cobain by Charles R. Cross

Just remember who the source is for it - it's pretty obvious. Prepare for some Dave Grohl bashing. Despite all that, I still thought it was a worthwhile read.

Yeah, I haven''t gotten that far into it (Grohl hasn't joined the band yet) but I seem to remember hearing that Courtney Love was a major source for this book and therefore the re-tellings of certain pivotal events should be taken with a grain of salt.

Whatever, it's been a good read thus far.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Flight To Heaven by Dale Black
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next