Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:15 pm

Quote :
I hope you are limiting your reading as much as you are your CD buying, just to be fair.

For a while I did. Bad habit!! I got the first four season of The Office for Christmas and Since Jan 5 I've watched the whole thing three times now!! I'm already on disc one of Season 2 for the 4th time. My life has no balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote :
That's not even a word, much less a book! Smile

It's the third book in the Eragon story.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:47 am

I'm pretty excited that my teacher has assigned The Dark Knight Returns - Frank Miller as required reading for English.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Just came back from our church's rummage sale with a whole bag o' paperbacks... for 25 cents apiece!

First one I plan to dive into is Stephen King's "Danse Macabre," which is one of the few King books I've never read.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:03 pm

Spock's World
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

First one I plan to dive into is Stephen King's "Danse Macabre," which is one of the few King books I've never read.

That's a great book. Especially interesting is reading about the films that influenced him.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Fitzgeralds and The Kennedys by Doris Kerns Goodwin
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 5:25 pm

detuned wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's a great book. Especially interesting is reading about the films that influenced him.

Yea, I've always wanted to read that one but for one reason or another I never quite got around to it. Should be very cool to find out about the various writers/movies/comics/TV/music that inspired his bizarre imagination.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 2:28 am

I am reading "what a long strange trip it's been" a biography about the Grateful Dead.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:36 pm

The Return Of Planet X.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 12:34 pm

I just finished Sound of the Beast by Ian Christe (pretty good), and Hunt at the Well of Eternity by James Reasoner, which was a lot of fun.

I've fallen into the trap of reading too many books at once, so I'm slowly picking away at each of them, not finishing very many. I'm in the middle of Horror Stories of Robert E. Howard, The Worm Ouroboros by E.R. Eddison, The Case of Charles Dexter Ward by H.P. Lovecraft, Sunglasses After Dark by Nancy Collins, Lorelei of the Red Mist by Leigh Brackett, and Wolf of the Steppes by Harold Lamb.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Just started reading To Live Is To Die:The Life And Death Of Cliff Burton
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Finishing up on Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein

What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Novel

and Halfway through Streams of Silver by R.A. Salvatore

What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Products_frnovel_967100000_lgpic

and Halfway through The Armour of Contempt by Dan Abnett

What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 N220821
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:47 pm

The Count of Monte Cristo. God, it's long.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:23 pm

holydiver97595 wrote:
The Count of Monte Cristo. God, it's long.

But a great book.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Re-reading Harry Potter and the half blood prince
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:39 pm

akeldama wrote:
The Return Of Planet X.

You rule man!

I'm reading The first Zechariah Sitchin book "12th planet". Instead of talking about Nibiru its like all sumerian culture and text...really hard to read!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:51 pm

Last night I finished "Iceberg" by Clive Cussler and started "Timeline" by Michael Crichton.

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:52 pm

Stender wrote:
akeldama wrote:
The Return Of Planet X.

You rule man!

I'm reading The first Zechariah Sitchin book "12th planet". Instead of talking about Nibiru its like all sumerian culture and text...really hard to read!

I just finished The Return Of Planet X (what a great book IMO) and am reading The Way Of The Wild Heart, after that I'll read The 12th Planet. Is it worth the read Stender?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:05 pm

akeldama wrote:
Stender wrote:
akeldama wrote:
The Return Of Planet X.

You rule man!

I just finished The Return Of Planet X (what a great book IMO) and am reading The Way Of The Wild Heart, after that I'll read The 12th Planet. Is it worth the read Stender?

Yeah its great! Its still is about planet X, but Sitchin goes in great depths to lead up to that whole thing by starting from the very beginning with all the sumerian accounts of nephimlim/extraterrestrial involvement in their history. I dont agree with the authors opinion that the nuberians are our creators but still interesting and good information.

12th planet is the first in the series of books. I have not got around to the others yet...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Last night I finished "Iceberg" by Clive Cussler and started "Timeline" by Michael Crichton.

Timeline was GREAT, much better than the movie!!!!

Did you read State Of Fear?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:34 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Timeline was GREAT, much better than the movie!!!!

Did you read State Of Fear?

Nah, I'm a little behind on my Crichton... I think the last thing of his I read was "Airframe" and that was quite a few years ago... I'm just getting back into the reading-a-book-before-bed habit again, I kept on buyin' em even though I never had time to read'em so they were starting to pile up a little... Laughing

Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:43 pm

I figure it's about time I tried out Tom Clancy so I'm borrowing my wife's copy of Rainbow Six and starting on that.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:03 pm

Stender wrote:
akeldama wrote:
Stender wrote:
akeldama wrote:
The Return Of Planet X.

You rule man!

Yeah its great! Its still is about planet X, but Sitchin goes in great depths to lead up to that whole thing by starting from the very beginning with all the sumerian accounts of nephimlim/extraterrestrial involvement in their history. I dont agree with the authors opinion that the nuberians are our creators but still interesting and good information.

12th planet is the first in the series of books. I have not got around to the others yet...

Yeah, I don't believe the whole Enki thing either, that's why I was a little hesitant to read it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:11 pm

Mohawk by Richard Russo (for the second time).
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 6:42 am

Rereading The Great Gatsby again, still one of my favorite books. I did a paper on the evolution of the concept of the American Dream in 20th century American literature for my exam paper (every highschool student in Holland has do a paper on a subject they can choose themselves in their final year), and the books I used were The Great Gatsby, On the Road and Fight Club. All the symbolic stuff in The Great Gatsby make is such an amazing book imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next