Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:13 pm

I have started the Uncut version all the other times, but recently have ran into a copy of the edited original (pictured) and will be reading that. The difference is over 300 pgs, so hopefully that will make the experience easier for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:15 pm

I read "The Stand" years ago (before there even was an 'uncut' version) and enjoyed it. Have always wanted to give the 'expanded edition" a shot but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I read "The Stand" years ago (before there even was an 'uncut' version) and enjoyed it. Have always wanted to give the 'expanded edition" a shot but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

I have (or had) a copy back years ago when I was in my Stephen King-phase, but I never read it. I think I got burnt out after reading "It" and wasn't about to tackle that one.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:24 pm

The last King I read was his most recent behemoth (1000+ pages) "Under the Dome," after getting through that I think I've had about enough of him for a while.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:27 pm

I have not read a Stephen King book in years but I loved 'The Stand' and read both versions, especially when I was a huge fan of his work, last book I read by him was 'Gerald's Game' and that book sucked.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The last King I read was his most recent behemoth (1000+ pages) "Under the Dome," after getting through that I think I've had about enough of him for a while.

Eh, I just watched the Simpsons movie. I got the gist of that story. Very Happy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Eh, I just watched the Simpsons movie. I got the gist of that story. Very Happy

Laughing very hard There was quite a resemblance, I must admit. I know when the book came out, King had to address it because the storyline was very similar to the plot of the Simpsons Movie. He eventually produced pages and pages of notes and outlines that dated back to the late 70s, when he first came up with the idea. Apparently he'd started and stopped writing that one numerous times over the years.

manny wrote:
last book I read by him was 'Gerald's Game' and that book sucked

Ohhh yeah, that one was pretty bad. So was "Insomnia." I never made it all the way thru that.

Some people say that his near-death experience years back where he was hit by a van was probably the best thing that could've happened to him, cuz it forced him to take a break for a couple of years. Up to that point, he'd been cranking books out like an assembly line and the quality was beginning to slip. His recovery period gave him time to recharge his batteries.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:20 pm

manny wrote:
I have not read a Stephen King book in years but I loved 'The Stand' and read both versions, especially when I was a huge fan of his work, last book I read by him was 'Gerald's Game' and that book sucked.

That's the one that made me stop reading the then current stuff and going back to his earlier work and the short story collections.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:40 pm

I have just finished the Lemmy autobiography. I devoured that book in a single day. Great stories throughout and a bit of insight on how non wealthy a lot of famous artists actually are. The book states that Lemmy has made more moola writing "Mama I'm Coming Home" and a few others for Ozzy than from the entire carreer of Motorhead.
Starting the Keith Richards biography and at the same time I am making my way through "MEAN DEVIATION: Four Decades of Progressive Heavy Metal", by Jeff Wagner. Both of these last two are awesome reads as well.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:44 am

I just started Mary Shelley's Frankstein, never read it before, and it should be interesting considering how different the Boris Karloff films are from the original material.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:42 pm

I breezed through Andre Agassi's book "Open" in four days. I played high school tennis, so I was always a tennis junkie growing up. I followed the likes of Connors, McEnroe, Borg, Sampras and Agassi. Andre delves into some of his famous matches, mainly grand slam, the high and the lows, and of course his rivalry with Pete. What was really interesting was Andre's love/hate relationship with the sport, his childhood, his days at the Bolleteri Academy, marriage to first wife Brooke Shields, and then subsequently to Steffi Graf. Great read, if you were a fan of Andre's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:33 am

"Argh, F*ck, Kill - The Story of the Dayglo Abortions" - Chris Walter
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Not a book, but the new issue of Decibel magazine.
Back to top Go down
Motorsud
Metal novice
Metal novice
Motorsud

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:28 am

I'm reading the Keith Richard biography. This book is really fun !
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalmessiahradio.com
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:14 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
"Argh, F*ck, Kill - The Story of the Dayglo Abortions" - Chris Walter

My local library probably won't carry that one,but I'd want to read it
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Monster: The Autobiography Of An L.A. Gang Member by Sanyika Shakur
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:11 am

So I gave up on THE STAND for the last time.

Reading now....

What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 51578290_bWhat book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Safe_image.php?d=0ae145ef7d7f0cd1524a6136a714e285&w=180&h=540&url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fen%2F3%2F38%2FFirst_chronicles_of_amber
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:23 am

chewie wrote:
manny wrote:

That's the one that made me stop reading the then current stuff and going back to his earlier work and the short story collections.

Missed all the Steven King conversation - last one of his I read was Dreamcatcher when it came out and it was a good one!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Picked up a new "Star Wars" novel at the library over the weekend - "Death Star" (the author's name escapes me at the moment). It takes place prior to the events of the original film and tells the story of the Death Star's creation/construction and all the behind-the-scenes skullduggery that made it happen. Should be a cool read.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Currently reading 'The Kennedy Detail' by Gerald Blaine with Lisa McCubbin
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:05 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Just rent the miniseries on DVD already!
What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 51HctCqpnnL._SL500_AA300_

Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Just finished Corvus by Paul Kearney and

The Rising by Brian Keene.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:32 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Reading now....

What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Safe_image.php?d=0ae145ef7d7f0cd1524a6136a714e285&w=180&h=540&url=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fen%2F3%2F38%2FFirst_chronicles_of_amber

Cool! That's a great series. I haven't read that in a good decade.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Just started reading 'A Roomful of Mirrors: A Biography of Jimi Hendrix by Charles R. Cross, the best book I have ever read on Hendrix, and I have read several, highly recommended
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Reading Machineries Of Joy by Bradbury
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next