Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Timeline" by Michael Crichton.

I started reading this book a few weeks ago, got about 3/4 of the way thru it, then last night I went looking for it so I could sit down and possibly finish it ... and I can't find it!! I turned the whole damn living room upside down looking for the damn thing with no luck.

I hope my two year old didn't get hold of it and drop it in the wastebasket when nobody was looking (he has been known to do that on occasion), cuz it was a great read thus far and I wanna find out how it turned out!!

I have officially given up looking for this book around my house. If and when it ever turns up I'll just have to re-read it.

In the interest of moving on, I took the kids to the library today to pick out some books and though I already have a shelf full of stuff I haven't read @ home, got this one for me cuz the cover art just jumped out at me:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 250px-Deathtroopers

It's billed as "the first Star Wars Horror Novel." Looks gnarly. Can't wait to get started on it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:16 pm

I saw that the other day. Didn't borrow it, so I'll be interested in your take.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:39 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I saw that the other day. Didn't borrow it, so I'll be interested in your take.

From the description in the book jacket, it sounds like a cross between "Night of the Living Dead" and "Event Horizon" set in the Star Wars universe. Zombies in space!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:22 pm

Alas Babylon! by Pat Frank

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:29 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 9780517706824

Looks like an interesting read!!!! I will need to pick it up!!!!

this sounded interesting to me too but the more I got into it the more it became an opinion piece to me.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
http://www.eyesoretimes.com/2009/11/little-man-takes-stand.html

It hurts.

ha!!!! We knew you were eyesore!!!! LOL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:09 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

It hurts.

he is eyesore 2.0!!!! They re-built him stronger, faster, able to leap tall buildings..

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:12 pm

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

It hurts.

he is eyesore 2.0!!!! They re-built him stronger, faster, able to leap tall buildings..

LOL!!!!
Hey Donger/Eyesore - where have you been?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:39 am

Most recent read (already been through it twice):

The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:55 am

Jack's Book: Oral Biography of Jack Kerouac by Barry Gifford and Lawrence Lee
Back to top Go down
Rogue Angel
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rogue Angel

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:40 pm

The Icelandic Sagas
Back to top Go down
Rogue Angel
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rogue Angel

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Switched to Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee by Dee Brown. The Sagas of the Icelanders is HUGE! Pretty good read but I am taking a break from it for now.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Roads, by Seabury Quinn. When Christmas starts approaching some folks like to re-read A Christmas Carol but this is my favorite Christmas story to read. It's heartwarming, reconciles pagan and Christian traditions in a sweet way, and it features gladiatorial combat.
Back to top Go down
Rogue Angel
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rogue Angel

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:18 pm

Quote :
Roads, by Seabury Quinn

I just looked for a copy on Amazon, my curiosity is piqued. It sells for $30. Used copies sell for nearly the same $. Amazon says that this was originally issued in 1948? Can you elaborate more or post a link?
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:25 pm

Rogue Angel wrote:
Quote :
Roads, by Seabury Quinn

I just looked for a copy on Amazon, my curiosity is piqued. It sells for $30. Used copies sell for nearly the same $. Amazon says that this was originally issued in 1948? Can you elaborate more or post a link?

The only version I know of that's in print is the one by Red Jacket Press, which does indeed have a cover price of about $30 (that's the one I own). However, if you want to read it cheaply, you can find it reprinted in an old paperback anthology called Worlds of Weird that was edited by Leo Margulies and also features a few other cool pulp stories Smile
Back to top Go down
Rogue Angel
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rogue Angel

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:30 pm

I may look for that anthology. May be easier to find locally as well. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:13 pm

I'm about three quarters of the way thru that Star Wars book I mentioned a few posts back... might be able to bang out the rest tonight...

I've already got my "on deck" book picked out too. Check out what I found at the dollar store today, of all places:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 9780732283834

Looks freakin' awesome!! Thick-ass book covering their entire history up to 2006. Tons of vintage pics, concert flyers, adverts, stuff I've never seen before!

Can't wait to get started on it! What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 11840

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:41 am

I read that book FF, not a bad book at all and tells you alot of great Bon Scott stories.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 12:47 pm

manny wrote:
I read that book FF, not a bad book at all and tells you alot of great Bon Scott stories.

I started on it last night, got about two chapters in. Already I'm very entertained. I had no idea that Angus/Malcolm's older brother George's band (The Easybeats) were such a big deal in the 60s. The only times I'd ever heard of 'em was as a minor footnote to AC/DC's history, since George and his bandmate Harry Vanda eventually went into producing and went on to produce most of AC/DC's Bon-era stuff.

But I'm checking out some of the Easybeats' stuff on YouTube right now and y'know what? It's actually pretty damn catchy Kinks/Beatles/early Stones style stuff.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:09 pm

Management Information Systems: Sixth Edition

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 9780732283834

Looks freakin' awesome!! Thick-ass book covering their entire history up to 2006. Tons of vintage pics, concert flyers, adverts, stuff I've never seen before!

Can't wait to get started on it! What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 11840

Finished this last night. It was great! Highly recommended for all AC/DC geeks. Learned lots of useless trivia about the band that I will now store away in my mind so I can bore people with it at random times for the rest of my life. What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_lol

My next book will be Stephen King's "Cell."

Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:12 am

I am near the end of the last book of the Left Behind series: The Glorious Appearing. It has taken me years to get through this series. I have taken long breaks and read other things in between. But I am finally going to finish soon. I am glad I read it, but I don't think it's all that great.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:07 pm

wasnt that made into a movie Chris?

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:10 am

The series is 12 books long. I think they have made movies out of the first three. I have seen the first one or two. Pretty cheesy. I found the first book or two really riveting, but the movies, not so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:03 am

Martina Cole's "The Graft"

A pretty interesting read with many twists and turns along the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next