Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Useless feckin' Intros

Go down 
+13
stepcousin
Lurideath
SAHB Healer
zombiewalkin
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Rex
mc666
AchrisK
SideShowDisaSter
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Useless feckin' Intros Empty
PostSubject: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 1:06 pm

Does anybody else dislike certain Intro's in songs ? now Im not talking about an Intro which is song one on a CD that is any lenght of time,I'm on about songs that have dreadful boring intro's in them, two that I hate are these :

Lizzy Borden - Love is a crime
&
WASP - The Idol.

I can just about handle the Intro to "Impact is Imminent" by Exodus as it's short.

am I alone here ?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 1:26 pm

Yah, I hate it when a song has this 1-2 minute intro. I think to myself "GET TO IT ALREADY!"

Off the top of my head, I can only think of this one (damn intro is like 2 minutes long!!):

Master - Beastie Generation

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 1:28 pm

I generally hate intros.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 1:35 pm

sometimes it's cool though... Hell Awaits for example.

Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 1:45 pm

mc666 wrote:
sometimes it's cool though... Hell Awaits for example.

:lol!: That's the first one I thought about that I really didn't like.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 1:50 pm

Anyone who's heard the new Manowar knows what a "useless feckin' intro" is... you dont' even hear a guitar riff until 8 or 9 minutes in...

Actually, now that I think about it, that entire CD sounds like one long "useless feckin' intro!"
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 2:14 pm

Do not like intros
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 2:24 pm

I always liked the intro on Deliverance's "What A Joke".

Hate the intro on Heathen's Rage "City of Hell". Wish it was on a separate track so that I could skip it. It's too long and really serves no purpose.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 2:33 pm

Can't really think of any off the top of my head, so I guess they don't bother me. I suppose it all depends on the song.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 2:36 pm

Hit or miss. Some intros are pointless—as are some interludes—but a lot of them set songs up very well. They have to be done right, though. Too many bands just throw something on there as track one with no thought to track two. I mean, I have—and I'm sure many of you have—CDs with like 8-second intros. Seriously, what's the point?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 3:06 pm

King's X - Out of the slient planet - I have to FF pass the intro
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:12 pm

My favorite to loathe is the intro to Onslaught's album In Search of Sanity. A good album but c'mon!! The intro to the first song last forever!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:22 pm

I always got jacked on the intro to Fight Fire with Fire, cuz I knew I was about to get my head ripped off!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:29 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I always got jacked on the intro to Fight Fire with Fire, cuz I knew I was about to get my head ripped off!

That's a case where the intro is perfect. Soft, easy, slow.......BOOOOM! Let the moshin' begin!!🤘

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:45 pm

I hate it when the intro, no more than hitting a key on a synth & holding it down for 45 seconds, is given a seperate title and tracks number. lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 4:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I always liked the intro on Deliverance's "What A Joke".

That one always makes me laugh too. "Well, the label wants us to do another record...here we go..."

Sounded like they were really thrilled to be cranking out another CD so quickly Smile
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 7:17 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I hate it when the intro, no more than hitting a key on a synth & holding it down for 45 seconds, is given a seperate title and tracks number. lol!

Yeah, exactly. Some intros build anticipation for the song, and some are a waste of time; but I hate it when the intros get their own track number. The worst example I can think of is on Black Sabbath's TYR album, the song "Valhalla" is a great song, with a two part intro, but it gets three track numbers for the two part intro and the song itself. Do they really think sombody's gonna punch up the middle part of the intro just so they can hear that bit?
Another heinous goof up was the re-issue of the Who "Live at Leeds". The re-issue was the entire concert (the original was just 7 songs); and Roger Daltry gives a lot of background on the songs before they play them. But the tracks are set up so that the commentary for the next song is included on the track number for the song they just finished playing; so it really ruins it if you like to listen on shuffle or random (which I do a lot). So what you hear is a song, and then a verbal intro for the next song, which you then don't get to hear because it shuffles off onto something else.
The hidden track craze was also a pain for those of us that like to listen to random tracks, as some discs might have 60 or 70 blank tracks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 8:29 pm

'Out In The Cold' from that sexy Turbo album by Priest is pretty cool, almost '84 Terminator esque...and by 'sexy' I mean shamefully selling out for a year.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 9:07 pm

The Slayer "Hell Awaits" intro is one of the best ever made!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 9:42 pm

some intos are cool but most are pointless.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 1:14 am

Maiden really kinda burned me out on intros... X-Factor has an intro on practically every bleeping song ! I agree just get on WITH it.

If there are one or two songs like that I can deal with it....but every single bloody tune !!!!! Useless feckin' Intros 927150
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 2:38 am

The intro to Believer's 1'st record pisses me off because it's so long and pointless. Also Oil's Refine record has a lame intro to every song like bees buzzing on one of them.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 4:43 am

One of the best intros for me is the one of Accepts Fast as a Shark.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 4:53 pm

ghost wrote:
One of the best intros for me is the one of Accepts Fast as a Shark.

yES!!!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 6:36 pm

Onslaught - Asylum (on In Search of Sanity)
The intro is over five minutes of nothing but weird asylum noises. If it was one minute or less, it would be fine, but five minutes? It's longer than the longest track on a lot of albums I own.

Coroner - Intro (on Punishment for Decadence)
It's just 12 seconds, and there was no need to make it a separate track.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Useless feckin' Intros   Useless feckin' Intros Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Useless feckin' Intros
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next