Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does anyone remember Billy Idol?

Go down 
+12
YngwieDokkenfan
Chairman_Smith
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
sam
manny
Fat Freddy
mr.electric39
MetalRob331
GrandNational
Gilbert
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Does anyone remember Billy Idol? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember Billy Idol?   Does anyone remember Billy Idol? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:47 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Luck or hard work I don't know what one it is. All I know is that a lot of people get the big break and a chance for people to hear there music. I totally respect them as artists for that. That has always been my dream and I still pursue it to this day.

That is cool and wish you well on making your dreams come true, I also have admire the fact that your going after your dream but if 70% of your fans make CDR copies of your albums it is going to be a short lived career.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember Billy Idol?   Does anyone remember Billy Idol? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Metalrob in reality 'Exposed' should have been billed as Steve Stevens Band since Neil or IMO the producer Ron Nevison gave him such free reign it is almost like Vince Neil was a guest on his own solo debut.

Also the kind of guitar sound and solos that Stevens used with Neil would sound out of place and somewhat silly in the context of Billy Idol's style and songs.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember Billy Idol?   Does anyone remember Billy Idol? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Yes also Steve played all guitars and bass. Have you ever listened to Bozzio Levens Stevens? Brilliant band..
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember Billy Idol?   Does anyone remember Billy Idol? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:54 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Yes also Steve played all guitars and bass. Have you ever listened to Bozzio Levens Stevens? Brilliant band..

Excellent band I have only heard the first album, I believe they put out two correct?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember Billy Idol?   Does anyone remember Billy Idol? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Yes and the second one IMO was much better quality. Amazing how record labels and egos hold back such great musicians. It takes them to go out and form there own projects for them to really let loose.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember Billy Idol?   Does anyone remember Billy Idol? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:03 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Yes and the second one IMO was much better quality. Amazing how record labels and egos hold back such great musicians. It takes them to go out and form there own projects for them to really let loose.

The music they create isn't exactly aimed at the Hot Topic crowd that radio seems to aim for, I just think it is cool that such diverse group of musicians deceided to work together.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember Billy Idol?   Does anyone remember Billy Idol? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:14 pm

On that subject some of these bands have better hooks then those on the radio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone remember Billy Idol?   Does anyone remember Billy Idol? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone remember Billy Idol?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2