Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)

Go down 
+7
sam
HellRaiser
akeldama
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
manny
Troublezone
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Empty
PostSubject: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Any fans of this guy? I always liked his playing in Idol but havn't heard much of his solo work other than a song here or there from Atomic Playboys etc...

Anyway here is an interesting collaboration with Corey Taylor from Slipknot doing Rebel Yell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBxDe_-thMY
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:21 pm

Steve Stevens excellent guitartist and I liked his work with Billy Idol and played alot of great leads on that tool Vince Neil's first solo album.

His solo album 'Atomic Playboys' I have on cassette and I find it boring, but it was interesting that vocalist on the album was Warrior singer Perry McCarty.

I can't comment on youtube clip since I can't see at work.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:24 pm

manny wrote:
Steve Stevens excellent guitartist and I liked his work with Billy Idol and played alot of great leads on that tool Vince Neil's first solo album.

His solo album 'Atomic Playboys' I have on cassette and I find it boring, but it was interesting that vocalist on the album was Warrior singer Perry McCarty.

Didn't he also have a album called "Flamenco a go go" or something?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:24 pm

I owned that Atomic Playboys thingy on cassette (which is long gone), but never bothered to upgrade it to cd. I know the guy's a talent and played with Billy for many years, but don't remember much else about him.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:

Didn't he also have a album called "Flamenco a go go" or something?

Yes he did in 1999 but I have no idea what it sounds like.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:04 pm

I like Stevens with Billy but him alone or in other bands is pretty terrible........see the ridiculous Jerusalem Slim record he made with Mike Monroe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:07 pm

I dig that Jerusalem Slim [both, actually]. And the 'Playboys album. And the latest Billy album! Actually, other than a couple of mediocre solo albums, I pretty much love everything he has put his axe-work on, including DIR-TY DI-AN-AAAAAA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:12 pm

He was the primary reason I listened to those Billy Idol records back in the 80's. His style fit the music perfectly.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:40 pm

detuned wrote:
He was the primary reason I listened to those Billy Idol records back in the 80's. His style fit the music perfectly.

agreed. I once heard he cut heads with EVH and shredded his @$$ to the ground, is this true?
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:19 pm

No doubt a very good guitarist. I love what I've heard of his stuff with Idol (really need to get those albums), but couldn't really get into the Playboys album - although seeing Perry McCary all glammed up is pretty funny.

Vince Neil's first solo album is pretty good - haven't listened to it in awhile though.

Never heard the Jerusalem Slim stuff, but I've heard so many bad things about it I want to own it, because I'd probably like it Laughing
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:19 pm

HellRaiser wrote:
Never heard the Jerusalem Slim stuff, but I've heard so many bad things about it I want to own it, because I'd probably like it Laughing

The only good thing about Jerusalem Slim is it led to Demolition 23.......who produced one cracker of a record in '94 or thereabouts, much more worthy of your time HR than Jerusalem Slim.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:26 am

Love billy idol, great music and playing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:58 pm

akeldama wrote:
detuned wrote:

agreed. I once heard he cut heads with EVH and shredded his @$$ to the ground, is this true?

Stevens is an amazing guitarist and when it comes to Versatile playing and Skill Stevens wins this battle hands down. I love Stevens he has so much knowledge of what he is doing and can play just about anything.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 11:07 am

It’s interesting. Did he ever do a instrumental ? Like Vai did.
Or was he just a hired gun. Looked super cool and yet odd.
He could write a book ! Ha ! Bet he partied during those years.
Idol was a maniac partier. Vince’s band was a easy jump for him, I bet.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 9:01 pm

Fantastic guitarist.. Love his work with Billy Idol and really liked what he did on Vince Neil’s first album..
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 9:19 pm

He’s a tasteful player like Satriani. He doesn’t overplay, he usually follows a melody and lets loose when it fits.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2021 2:33 pm

When Billy Idol first arrived in New York...
Bill Aucoin ( KISS ) sold him as the next new thing.
Bill insisted that Billy - hire Steve Stevens as his guitarist.
They met. Chatted hit it off.
Mean while “ Dancing With Myself “ was released 6 months earlier.
Billy idol went into a crowd bar in NY. No one knew him.
But the DJ played “ Dancing With Myself “ -
Entire crowd hit the dance floor. He was amazed.
He hired Steve Stevens next day.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 3:28 pm

Never really a big fan of his, but dig what he is doing with Deadland Ritual.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 9:24 am

A little older and heavier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)   Steve Stevens (Billy Idol) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)
Page 1 of 1