Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Empty
PostSubject: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 7:51 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=ffe287b0>I saw this on Blabbermouth earlier today and on one hand, I'm glad to hear that Peter is still CREATING NEW MUSIC (unlike Gene and Paul), but on the other hand, I tremble with fear at the memory of his absolutely god-awful last solo CD, "CAT #1"... his new one can't possibly be as bad as that, can it?? CAN IT??? affraid

Peter Criss, founding member and drummer of iconic rock group KISS, will release his new solo CD, entitled "One for All", July 24 on Silvercat
Records, distributed by Sony/RED. The CD will be distributed day-and-date to fans across the globe.

An autobiographical collection of songs that Criss produced and
recorded over the course of two years, "One for All" also includes several cover tunes that reflect his outlook on life at this point in his long-standing career.

The lead vocalist and co-writer of what to this day remains KISS'
biggest Billboard hit, "Beth", which also went on to win a People's Choice Award, Criss goes back to his songwriting roots with this new CD. Says Criss: "The most important thing is that my fans and other people will get a whole new outlook on me with this CD. I'm reinventing myself at my own pace, and for me, it's now, more than ever, about being true."

"One for All" is the first fully self-produced CD that Criss has
recorded in addition to arranging and writing the lyrics and melodies for most of the material on the CD.

Joined by longtime friends and acclaimed musicians - Grammy
award-winning bandleader Paul Shaffer and bassist Will Lee, as well as guitarist Mike McLaughlin - "One for All" is a variously styled project, profoundly rich in ballads that touches on all aspects of Criss' life, and draws on his love of rock and R&B. The title track, recorded with the Church of Transfiguration Boys Choir, was written in the wake of 9/11 and sets the tone for the CD. Other songs include: "Doesn't Get Better Than This", "Last Night", "Faces in the Crowd", "Heart Behind the Hands", "Send in The Clowns", and even a tribute song to his
longtime bandmate and friend Ace Frehley, titled "Space Ace"
</BLOCKQUOTE>
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 8:05 am

Quote :
profoundly rich in ballads

Hmmm....

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 9:07 am

DUD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 9:19 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 11:32 am

Tight N' Steel wrote:
DUD
lol!

Oh well, I'll give it a shot, being the Kiss fan that I am. He's always been the least "rock" of the original four, and I'm familiar enough with his previous solo work so that the fact that this will be full of covers and ballads doesn't bother me. Could be a decent rock/pop/R&B album.

Glad to hear this has a release date, as I saw a mention of him working on this back in the fall on his site, but could never find any follow up info.

C'mon, Cat#1 wasn't that bad. Bad Attitude rules!

BTW- Paul still makes new music... Gene on the other hand will be releasing a b-side/demo/unreleased solo album this year of old material.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 8:22 pm

I'll probably pick it up just to add to my collection. I'm not expecting much - I've never been impressed with his solo stuff - I still have nightmares from childhood about the kinda suga papa likes - lol. I'd much rather have a new Ace release.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39607

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 9:28 pm

Well,I've never really been a fan of any of his stuff. I imagine this will be more of the same.I've got a bad feeling about this
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 9:05 am

>>BTW- Paul still makes new music...

Yea, that's true, but I kinda meant it as a comment about the lack of new KISS music.

Not buyin' that huh? :)

Truthfully, I totally forgot about Paul's recent solo album... cuz it was pretty easily forgettable...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:43 am

I might listen to it before buying to see if it's worth getting.
I was never a fan of Peter Criss' solo work though.

Paul and Gene's solo albums weren't that great either. Thankfully Ace put out some great solo albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:54 am

I'm a casual fan of KISS in general, but the only member (talking the 4 originals here) I could even get remotely interested in would be Ace. The other 3 guys, in true solo-album style, tend to make music outside of their usual genre with varying results. Ace makes rock records, pure & simple.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 5:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Truthfully, I totally forgot about Paul's recent solo album... cuz it was pretty easily forgettable...

I thought it was a really good modern sounding rock/pop album, definitely better than I was expecting. Hopefully there will be plans for a 3rd album.

painkiller2142 wrote:
Paul and Gene's solo albums weren't that great either. Thankfully Ace put out some great solo albums.

I like both of Paul's albums, and as for Gene, I think he could write a GREAT album if he wasn't worried about guest appearances and having others write stuff for him. It you take both of his solo albums and cherry-picked songs, you could come up with one pretty good release.

Ace's first was a classic, of course, but I wasn't too impressed with the first Comet release, generic 80s rock for the most part. That said, I'd still like to get my hands on his other releases.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 8:09 am

Here's the cover art to Peter Criss' forthcoming solo album... looks more like the cover for a third-grade geography text book to me! Laughing

Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Allforone001
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 8:12 am

Yup, that's pretty bad.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 8:23 am

ultmetal wrote:
Yup, that's pretty bad.

When I first saw it I had the theme song to "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?" going thru my head. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 9:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Allforone001

"Where In The World Is Peter's Dignity?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming   Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peter Criss - New Solo Album Coming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: