Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another versus match.

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
mc666
Troublezone
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Another versus match. Empty
PostSubject: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:53 am

Annihilator - Alice In Hell

vs

Temple Of Blood - Overlord
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:07 pm

Alice in Hell is a classic.

Annihilator 1
Temple of Blood 0

Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Sorry, TOB

Annihilator 2
Temple of Blood 0
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:39 pm

I thought it would be a bit different to pit a known band against a underground band this time. And since TOB is a (elitist) i had to pick a band that had technical chops...

Annihilator 3
Temple of Blood 0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:05 am

I'm comparing Annihilator while TOB has been around, you can't have them compete against Annihilator's entire catalogue, so........

Annihilator 3
Temple of Blood 1
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:16 am

Quote :
you can't have them compete against Annihilator's entire catalogue, so........

No, just the albums i said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:19 am

I'll still go with my choice. Alice In Hell is good, but not the band's best.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:31 am

Quote :
but not the band's best

Then which one is?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:33 am

IMO, either Never Neverland or Criteria For A Black Widow.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:35 am

SpectreFate wrote:
IMO, either Never Neverland or Criteria For A Black Widow.

Out of those two Criteria is better i think.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:41 am

Can't vote cuz I'm unfamiliar with the Temple of Blood album... but this matchup seems kinda unfair. ToB are a fairly new band, whilst Annihilator has been around forever.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Can't vote cuz I'm unfamiliar with the Temple of Blood album... but this matchup seems kinda unfair. ToB are a fairly new band, whilst Annihilator has been around forever.

We're going on the particular albums not their catalogs. It's not all that unfair because Annihilator has weakness... their lyrics.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:45 pm

Annihilator-4
Temple Of Blood-1
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:52 pm

I don't think it's that unfair, because Alice in Hell was also from Annihilator's underground days - It's their debut! "Overlord" is not TOB's debut. I say it's fair.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:29 pm

I've never heard any Temple Of Blood, but Annihilator is one of my favorites. So I would go with them. By the way, I'd have to say either Never Neverland or Refresh The Demon is my favorite release.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:29 pm

That ANNIHILATOR album is excellent. If people prefer our disc, that's great ... if not, that's OK too.

I don't believe we have made our masterpiece yet although I am proud of what we have accomplished so far.

Kinda funny this came up because I was toying with the idea of getting Jeff Waters to mix and master our next release.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Wow! This is a bit of an unbalanced comparison IMO. Perhaps the styles are not all that different, but people on this board are generally familiar with Annihilator, while most are just discovering Temple of Blood.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Yeah, it doesn't seem like someone should vote unless they have actually listened to both albums in question all the way through.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:07 pm

Quote :
Kinda funny this came up because I was toying with the idea of getting Jeff Waters to mix and master our next release.

You should! And get him to play a little on it too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Wow! This is a bit of an unbalanced comparison IMO. Perhaps the styles are not all that different, but people on this board are generally familiar with Annihilator, while most are just discovering Temple of Blood.

Thats nothing compared to my original intention... Temple vs Avenger (battle of the blood bands)! Razz

just kidding
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:33 pm

Troublezone wrote:
You should! And get him to play a little on it too.

Nah, we have some really good soloists lined up for our next recording. We may be getting a new guitarist who is also amazing.

If he can make our album's production sound like "Alice in Hell" then I will be very pleased!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Thats nothing compared to my original intention... Temple vs Avenger (battle of the blood bands)!

Well, even though we are both thrash bands we play very different styles of thrash. Smile

If you're gonna do that then don't forget 3 inches of Blood. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:55 am

Quote :
Nah, we have some really good soloists lined up for our next recording. We may be getting a new guitarist who is also amazing.

Why is the other guy leaving?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:24 am

Troublezone wrote:

He's not. The "other guy" is me, who will be focusing exclusively on songwriting and vocals and will likely not playing any solos on the next disc. I've found a guitarist who plays amazing and it will allow me to focus on only 1000 things instead of 1001. Wink

Also, another note about this thread. In our first years as a band, we always used to cover "Alice in Hell". It was a fun song and the other guitarist and I were always really influenced by ANNIHILATOR. We wanted to cover "Road to Ruin" too but never got around to it, we decided to focus more on original material.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:39 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

He's not. The "other guy" is me, who will be focusing exclusively on songwriting and vocals and will likely not playing any solos on the next disc. I've found a guitarist who plays amazing and it will allow me to focus on only 1000 things instead of 1001. Wink

Also, another note about this thread. In our first years as a band, we always used to cover "Alice in Hell". It was a fun song and the other guitarist and I were always really influenced by ANNIHILATOR. We wanted to cover "Road to Ruin" too but never got around to it, we decided to focus more on original material.

Is the new player this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w3iI5pP2gs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another versus match.   Another versus match. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another versus match.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next