Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration Empty
PostSubject: Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration   Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Here we go surprised

Take any member of one band and put them in another band and explain why or what would be interesting about it. The usual suspects like Dio or Gillian in Sabbath are gimmie's, I suppose ?

I remember "reading" in magazines study + Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration 251456 about eddie Van Halen wanting to join KISS. Who knows the validity of the story ? First, off. If it would of been before "Creatures", how would that of impacted that lp asisde from VV's writing contributions. I did like the "approach" Mark St. John brought to "Animalize", so the "pyrotechnics" could work in the context of Paul and Gene's baby. Also wonder if Eddie would of not gotten into the keyboards so much if it really had of happened ? Just a thought.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration   Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:16 pm

I read a story that Joe Perry, when he ditched Aerosmith back in the early 80's, was either asked to join or wanted to record with Alice Cooper.

Given the time frame of such a team-up (early 80's), I wonder how Joe's style and playing would have impacted Alice's more "new-wave" sound he was experimenting with at the time. Would Joe keep Alice in a more rocking direction or would he just went along for the ride and allow his guitar playing take a back-seat to synthesisers?

There was also a brief period in time when Zakk Wylde "auditioned" for Guns n' Roses. I can't remember the exact time line of that happening, but I'm pretty sure Slash was still in the band and they were looking for a 2nd guitarist to replace Izzy Stradlin. I'm not sure that Guns n' Roses' style would benefit from a twin-axe attack like Judas Priest, but hearing those 2 guys playing together would certainly have been interesting.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration   Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:33 pm

This reminds me of those Marvel "What If..." comics. How things would have been different if so-and-so did this instead of that.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration   Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:25 pm

"What if" Whitfield Crane (Ugly Kid Joe) was 10 years older and was asked to replace Bon Scott for AC/DC....which would mean no Ugly Kid Joe, but this guy has a voice to equal Bon's right to the "T", and.....after hearing AC/DC's latest 3-4 albums, maybe someone wouldn't mind putting Brian Johnson somehere, anywhere without a microphone.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration   Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:06 am

What if Stryper had not re-united and Michael Sweet ended up as the singer for Journey? He's certainly got the pipes for it and would be able to do justice to the classic material while maybe giving those tunes a little more of an edge. Perhaps he wouldn't have done some of the sub-par solo stuff he did while Stryper was taking a break.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration   Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:47 am

Getizzyback wrote:
"What if" Whitfield Crane (Ugly Kid Joe) was 10 years older and was asked to replace Bon Scott for AC/DC....which would mean no Ugly Kid Joe, but this guy has a voice to equal Bon's right to the "T", and.....after hearing AC/DC's latest 3-4 albums, maybe someone wouldn't mind putting Brian Johnson somehere, anywhere without a microphone.

Being a fan of UKJ, I was excited that Whit was in the running to be the new singer for Anthrax before they went with that Dan Nelson guy. I would've liked to hear what he could do with them.

PostSubject: Re: Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration   Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mix-n-Match...w/elaboration
Page 1 of 1