Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?

Go down 
+11
Chairman_Smith
metalken
stevegarveyfan
HellRaiser
arttieTHE1manparty
Leatherface
chucksteak
Fat Freddy
Schbopo
manny
Temple of Blood
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:14 am

Mordred?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:52 am

It's not Orange 9MM...but I might have to check that out...
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
chucksteak wrote:
Cyclone Temple? or...

too early to be Stuck Mojo.
Nah, Mojo formed in 1989, but they wouldn't have had anything on MTV until 1994 or 1995.

This is like when I couldn't think of the bands Desolation Angels. That's the band--after a year--Denis from Sentinel Steal figured out. I only remember an image from an ad in Rip Magazine, or something. The band's album never came out. Crazy that he remembered it.

Anyway, it might take a year. Haha.
well that was what I meant they didn't have anything out at the time he was asking. I remember that Desolation Angels ad in Rip Magazine. They were standing in a HUGE pile of beer cans! I Think that ad ran on the back cover for like a year or something. Never did hear them but I sure do remember the ad!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
It wouldn't be the H.A.R.D. Corps, would it? They were a pretty godawful early rap/metal band from around that time.
They had more than one black dude, though, right? And would Headbanger's Ball had played them? They were pretty cheesy. Haha.

I think they were a pretty even split between white guys and black guys... I only ever heard one song of theirs on a compilation tape that came with an issue of Metal Forces and MAAAAAN it was BAD!! Like a Z-Grade version of Body Count. If memory serves, they did a rap/metal version of AC/DC's "Back in Black" that had to be taken off their album at the last minute because the AC/DC camp threatened to sue their pants off... apparently they did some changes to the lyrics that were not to AC/DC's liking.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:54 am

kingofthehill?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUSncADIHzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rx-8uvDw1E&feature=related

Don't know if the lead singer is black though. Sorta fruity looking, but could be white or black. The rest of the guys are white for sure. And they got the funky horn thing going.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:05 am

someone said Proper Grounds. Weren't they all black? I saw those guys opening for Danzig in 93. That had to be the oddest and most out of place opener ever! They were just rap from what I remember and everyone was booing them.

I never did understand that match up at all!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:31 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
kingofthehill?

Don't know if the lead singer is black though. Sorta fruity looking, but could be white or black. The rest of the guys are white for sure. And they got the funky horn thing going.

I don't think the Kingofthehill guy was black... he just spent way too much time in the tanning salon Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:39 am

I FOUND THE F*CKER!!!!!!

Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 E03198uyx1e

Video:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/Stick/videos/view/No-Groovy--2164314
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
kingofthehill?

I don't think the Kingofthehill guy was black... he just spent way too much time in the tanning salon Laughing very hard

Yea, hence the "fruity" reference. I dunno.

Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 FrankieSinging

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:41 am

detuned wrote:
I FOUND THE F*CKER!!!!!!

Video:

[url=http://new.music.yahoo.com/Stick/videos/view/No-Groovy--2164314
http://new.music.yahoo.com/Stick/videos/view/No-Groovy--2164314[/quote[/url]]

Oh man!! That was my very next guess!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:42 am

detuned wrote:
I FOUND THE F*CKER!!!!!!

Video:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/Stick/videos/view/No-Groovy--2164314

Never heard of'em... glad you found'em tho. Looking @ the video now and wow, the singer looks like the love child of Spike Lee and Stuart Scott from ESPN's "SportsCenter." Scary!!

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:46 am

I remember them, i always saw that album in the used bin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:51 am

Amazon marketplace has a ton of them really cheap, I'm going to get one...just for the sake of all this damn searching!!!!

By the way, I finally found it by searching on "rock video monthly".

I probably spent a good 4 hours looking for this stupid thing.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:26 am

I am glad you found it, never heard of them. More proof that indeed their is a God in the sky looking out for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:27 am

Wow. Never heard of them. That guy has to be mixed, or maybe not even black. The bass player is black, though. You lied to us, prick! Laughing That's a pretty cool song, though. I think I'll have to grab me a copy.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:28 am

Eyesore is on his way to owning every metal/hard rock/ alternative recording in existence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:09 pm

Is it Stick?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Wow. Never heard of them. That guy has to be mixed, or maybe not even black. The bass player is black, though. You lied to us, prick! Laughing That's a pretty cool song, though. I think I'll have to grab me a copy.

I think he's just light-skinned. And I didn't lie, I was trying to remember a video I hadn't seen since 1993...and with my TMBH memory issues, that's as good as I could do.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:14 pm

manny wrote:
Eyesore is on his way to owning every metal/hard rock/ alternative recording in existence.
Impossible! I will never own St. Anger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:

He just owns 5 copies of Load to make up for it.

just kidding Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:21 pm

detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:

He just owns 5 copies of Load to make up for it.

just kidding Laughing very hard
I like the photos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:24 pm

Brilliant! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:01 pm

wow I never heard of them or ever saw that album! Don't you just love it when you wrack your brain over something and finally get some peace. Now you'll probably think of something else long forgotten and it'll all happen again. Iknow that happens to me often
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:55 pm

detuned wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Jimi Hendrix

please tell me that was a joke. Shocked

It was Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?   Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Needle in a haystack search...anybody remember this band?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2