Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth

Go down 
+13
INVADERS
Olafsto
ghost
kmorg
zombiewalkin
Thrasher73
krokus
SideShowDisaSter
Smindas
Temple of Blood
scottmitchell74
mc666
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Empty
PostSubject: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 11:04 am

B.A.P.O.S.

Discuss... lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 11:44 am

"B.A.P.O.S.?"

Dunno what that means, but A TWIST IN THE MYTH bored me to tears personally. I had hoped for a comeback after the over-cooked NIGHT AT THE OPERA but was disappointed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 11:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"B.A.P.O.S.?"

Dunno what that means, but A TWIST IN THE MYTH bored me to tears personally. I had hoped for a comeback after the over-cooked NIGHT AT THE OPERA but was disappointed.

Boring-Ass Piece Of Shit. lol! We think alike then...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 12:26 pm

I thought it was alright but it wasn't on par with the older stuff or Demons and Wizards.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 12:37 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"B.A.P.O.S.?"

Boring-Ass Piece Of Shit. lol! We think alike then...

I had a feeling it was something along those lines... Smile

Sometimes I think I just dont' "get" Blind Guardian. I totally love their SOMEWHERE FAR BEYOND CD but have never gotten into any of their other albums. I was just listening to NIGHTFALL IN MIDDLE-EARTH one day last week for the first time in awhile, I've had that one for a few years now and every so often I dust it off hoping it'll finally click with me and yet I still go "Eh, whatever." Maybe I don't play enough Dungeons & Dragons to get off on these guys... surprised

I LOVE Hansi's work with Jon Schaffer in Demons & Wizards though!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:06 pm

Same crap different year really. it's getting really boring now, they (and alot of other bands in the Power Metal Genre) need to inject a fresh approach into their music
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 1:07 pm

it was ok, not my fave BG by a long shot though. i would not call it a peice of sh*t though. i'll save that term for Gods Of War.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 2:14 pm

I for one like it a lot - but I love powermetal and NIME is my all-time favorite CD. I'm not a D&D guy, but I love Tolkien and that kind of thing, so close enough. However, the music is the key and I love 1998 and following BG...!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 2:33 pm

I've never seen why people love this band so much.

The Tolkien lyrics/album covers perhaps?

I don't hear what the big deal is.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 3:00 pm

mc666 wrote:
it was ok, not my fave BG by a long shot though. i would not call it a peice of sh*t though.
That pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. It's still an enjoyable album.

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 4:29 pm

Not sure how anyone can suggest this is the "same crap." This album is very different from previous albums, and I, for one, think it's a great album.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 4:42 pm

Give me the first 2 BG albums over any of their other stuff. Somewhere Far Beyond is pretty good, and Nightfall In Middle Earth is solid (would be A LOT better without the numerous interludes trying to push the story...if I want Tolkien, I'll read the books again for the 6th or 7th time).

They've just become to overblown and pretentious IMO.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 5:17 pm

Locky wrote:
(and alot of other bands in the Power Metal Genre) need to inject a fresh approach into their music

I agree with this 100 percent. Back in the late 90s I was in heaven with all the "new" power metal bands popping up (i.e. HammerFall, Iron Savior, Primal Fear, etc.) but now that a lot of those bands are on their fifth or sixth albums, they're running in place and just repeating the same stuff over and over.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 5:57 pm

I have been and still a big BLIND GUARDIAN fan being the first 5 studio albums and their first live album(TOKYO TALES) my fave. NIGHTFALL...is not bad but after that they realy went wrong. The last good released they did was the DVD IMAGINATIONS THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS(2004) and the double LIVE(2003) cd. Dont care about A TWIST or A NIGHT AT THE OPERA.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 6:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Locky wrote:
(and alot of other bands in the Power Metal Genre) need to inject a fresh approach into their music

I agree with this 100 percent. Back in the late 90s I was in heaven with all the "new" power metal bands popping up (i.e. HammerFall, Iron Savior, Primal Fear, etc.) but now that a lot of those bands are on their fifth or sixth albums, they're running in place and just repeating the same stuff over and over.

I dont realy agree with that because many of those late 90s bands that i also started to listen back in those days still release great albums. For exemple:
METALIUM:NOTHING TO UNDO-CHAPTER SIX-
HAMMERFALL:THRESHOLD
NOCTURNAL RITES:GRAND ILLUSION
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 7:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=bd175d07>
<BLOCKQUOTE id=8ff14327>
<BLOCKQUOTE id=8cffd482>Ignore this post... my PC is acting up on me...</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE>
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 7:44 am

What I was TRYING to say in the post above before my PC whacked out on me was, HammerFall's new one was pretty good and is a definite improvement over the last couple of CDs (CRIMSON THUNDER and CHAPTER V), as is Primal Fear's SEVEN SEALS, which was their best one in ages (they had pretty much been running in place for about three albums in a row), but Metalium and Nocturnal Rites never did much for me...

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 8:26 am

It was decent enough for what it was.By no means groundbreaking.I just cant get into all the pretentiousness
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 12:47 pm

I like the new one but it doesnt compare to Nightfall. I truly like that album. I really like the first one. The more I discover Blind Guardian the more I lean towards their earlier material.

And yes the power metal genre needs to inject some fresh......blood.....heroin?....I dunno something! All of them are sounding alike to me.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 1:41 pm

It was something new and fresh from a band that had gone WAY to far on their path. But I still hope for something more "classic" the next time.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 1:44 pm

The new MASTERPLAN:MKII is realy a killer heavy/power metal album. Check it out brother if you didnt do it yet. Mike from RIOT fame is now the singer and he kicks ass like always.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
but now that a lot of those bands are on their fifth or sixth albums, they're running in place and just repeating the same stuff over and over.

Dragonforce win

They managed that feat within 3 albums
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:19 am

Locky wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
but now that a lot of those bands are on their fifth or sixth albums, they're running in place and just repeating the same stuff over and over.

Dragonforce win

Laughing very hard I'd say they did it faster than that... I reviewed their SONIC FIRESTORM disc for Detritus E-zine in 2004 and didn't care for it much at all. I got MORE angry e-mails from that one review than for anything else I ever wrote for them.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:20 am

Quote :

:lol!: I was over them before the end of the first song I ever heard by them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Locky wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Dragonforce win

:lmao: I'd say they did it faster than that... I reviewed their SONIC FIRESTORM disc for Detritus E-zine in 2004 and didn't care for it much at all. I got MORE angry e-mails from that one review than for anything else I ever wrote for them.

Yea they were / are shocking, new album out later this year I believe, one of the guys in Power Quest has said that if this goes down like a cement baloon then it will end DF.

The First album was fresh and the second was decent but nothing groundbreaking but the 3rd album "Inhuman Rampage" was just like a best of album and was nothing different than the first 2.

Sorry for going off topic.

Will BG ever be leaders again ????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth   Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: