Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Anthrax album... official press release

Go down 
+28
EvyMetal
Lurideath
steel warrior
MetalH
Chairman_Smith
zombiewalkin
Troublezone
Leatherface
SideShowDisaSter
7thSecond
kmorg
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Rex
manny
Temple of Blood
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
sam
Stender
XYZ
ultmetal
Schbopo
akeldama
Fat Freddy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:17 am

I can't imagine this being good, although their new singer is talented I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:29 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
detuned wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. I missed out on all that "drama" at the time. Bush is one of my favorite metal vocalists, I just can't believe they let someone that talented go for a short-lived "let's make some cash tour".
It's unfortunate, but it's also understandable. This is their job. It's art, but it's also their livelihood. How many of us have made decisions and sacrifices for our jobs? It sucks, we might not like it, but we often do it.

What can you do?

Anyone that loved Anthrax in the 80's will slap ya if you tell them the Belladonna tour was "just for cash". I saw that tour and it was the most exciting show I have seen in a decade. I am proud to be a Belladonna supporter [both in Anthrax and solo]. I am not jumping into the tired Belladonna v. Bush debate. I just want to say that the reunion was absolute gold and a "breath of fresh air" to those that never got into Bush. And I make no apologies to anyone when I say that the Belladonna stuff was new, inventive, groundbreaking, and flat out kickass, unlike anything they have done since.
Yeah, I was speaking more in general terms. I was just using Anthrax as an example, but I wasn't speaking toward that whole thing.

And I refuse to ever be slapped by a man!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 7:44 am

Charlie Benante is one of the best drummers in metal, his playing has been the best thing about the last couple of (sub par) Anthrax records.

I wonder if I'm really willing to give them one more chance. I didn't like most of the Bush era stuff and the whole Belladonna reunion thing was such an obvious cash grab. They've lost a lot of respect over the past decade or so. I'd like to think they can overcome it but we'll see I guess...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 7:55 am

mc666 wrote:
detuned wrote:
Why exactly did these morons let John Bush slip through their fingers?
i love those Bush albums. overall, better than the Belladonna era.

Ditto, I am going to give them a chance with a new vocalist but I wish they would have called John Bush back.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:53 am

I'll gleefully give it a try now that Bush isn't on the mic. It can only go up......hopefully.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:02 am

I didn't care much for the new guy in the live clips I've heard, but it's Anthrax, so I'll be getting this, no doubt.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:28 am

It's Anthrax so I'll end up getting it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:36 am

The 2CD best of is enough for me...I'll have to see tons of people raving over it before I'll bother with anything new...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:36 am

I'll pick it up in a trade when one of you guys decide it sucks. I'm just maintaining a collection at this point.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:52 am

O good - I need to add some new worship music to my collection!!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:07 pm

detuned wrote:
ditto cubed. Sound Of White Noise is another brilliant record, it might even sound better now than it did when it was first released. But I've loved it since day one...some of my metal friends at the time were bitching about it but I thought they were nuts.

The cartoonish quality that Belladonna fell into was not missed by me.

...and drumming. I always thought that Anthrax had the best rhythm section of the classic thrash bands, the interplay between Benante & Bello is incredible.

For the most part I love the Belladonna stuff but Sound Of White Noise has remained my favorite Anthrax album. Not just the fact that it was my first introduction to Anthrax, but the whole album is metal gold IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Nostalgia.

It's a disease that those who can't get into "new metal" spread like groupie legs.

Then the rest of you should be glad for the "screamer" they have now then......

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:54 pm

I'm pretty sure I'll end up picking this up, though I wish they really would've worked it out and released a new album with Joey instead.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 6:34 pm

Until I hear that it's at least as good as the Belladonna era stuff (from someone whose opinion I trust!!!) I won't even bother. I didn't like a single thing they did after Persistence Of Time. It wasn't because John Bush, either.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:17 pm

I'm still waiting on the Neil Turbin reunion. I think I have a lllooonnnggg wait.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:59 am

Leatherface wrote:
I'm still waiting on the Neil Turbin reunion. I think I have a lllooonnnggg wait.

Speaking of that, have Anthrax ever re-united with Neil Turbin since their original split? Have they ever pulled him up on stage just for a song or 2? Is there some real animosity amongst those guys? Just curious.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:06 am

ultmetal wrote:
It's Anthrax. I'll buy it.

🤘
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:17 pm

I might give it a try. The last album was pretty decent. I saw them on that tour and they were incredible live.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 4:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

Speaking of that, have Anthrax ever re-united with Neil Turbin since their original split? Have they ever pulled him up on stage just for a song or 2? Is there some real animosity amongst those guys? Just curious.

Huge animosity. Neil never had anything nice to say about Anthrax.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:30 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

Just what is he up to now days?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:20 am

7thSecond wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

Just what is he up to now days?

He has a band called Deathriders ( I am not a fan) and here's his website:

http://www.neilturbin.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:21 pm

There's crappy live versions of some of the new songs on the Tube. This one doesn't sound much different than Bush-era A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8BfWSrOSG4&feature=related
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Was Bush let go in favor of this guy, or did he just move on? Because, the vocal style that Dan uses here in this live gig is very similar to Bushy. This definitely doesn't sound like a re-invention.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:42 pm

Marc Mason wrote:
Was Bush let go in favor of this guy, or did he just move on? Because, the vocal style that Dan uses here in this live gig is very similar to Bushy. This definitely doesn't sound like a re-invention.

Bush was let go in favor of a reunion with Joey BellaDonna. After a short tour there was talk of a new album with BellaDonna but he flaked out on them and split the band. Supposedly Bush was contacted about re-joining them but by then I guess Bush decided not to bother with a band that had given him the bum's rush so they looked for a new singer and found this Dan Nelson guy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:51 pm

I love the Bush era, but I do think that Persistence of Time is their best record.

I'll definitely pick up the new album because I love Anthrax. It is indeed sad to see Bush gone, but hopefully this guy will fit in and they will put out some kick ass music!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax album... official press release   anthrax - New Anthrax album... official press release - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Anthrax album... official press release
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next