Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anacrusis News

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
Stender
Temple of Blood
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:17 pm

I was talking to Stormy a while back and he said Nardi was extremely serious about this release, pretty much handling everything himself. So expect a quality product, as always.

Quote :
Long-defunct St. Louis, Missouri-based progressive/melodic thrash metal band ANACRUSIS will have its classic 1987 demo, "Annihilation Complete", released this month via Stormspell Records. This limited-edition CD/DVD package features the full nine-song "Annihilation Complete" demo along with other rare recordings from the band's basement days.

For more information, click here.

"Annihilation Complete" was voted "Best Demo of 1987" by the readers of Metal Forces magazine and was later included in the publication's "Demolition... Scream Your Brains Out!" compilation album. This led to a deal with England-based indie Active Records, for whom ANACRUSIS recorded its first album, "Suffering Hour". A sophomore LP, "Reason", followed in 1990 and was supported by touring with D.R.I. In 1991, ANACRUSIS released "Manic Impressions" through Metal Blade Records and toured with OVERKILL, GALACTIC COWBOYS and MEGADETH. They devoted the next few months to writing new material, and released their final album, "Screams and Whispers", in 1993.

ANACRUSIS' video for the song "Release" (taken from "Screams and Whispers") can be viewed below.

Anacrusis News 3218990052_f6e2d09622_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ir-N1solIM
And you guys know that Thrash Clash Vol. 3 and 4 are out, right?
Back to top Go down

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:49 pm

I always forget how cool those first 2 albums were. Gonna listen to Reason tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:32 am

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:34 am

Cool, I may pick that up.
Back to top Go down

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:05 am

If you go HERE, you can download a mind-boggling amount of rare stuff. Demos, rehearsal tracks, song ideas, unreleased stuff, TONS of material. Also the four Anacrusis albums are available for download, including a remix of Manic Impressions.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:01 am

Thanx i aways wanted to hear what they sounded like. Cool crossover like early Prong.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:08 am

They also remind me of Forced Entry. 🤘
Back to top Go down

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:49 am

Prong? I don't hear that at all.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:37 am

Eyesore wrote:

Ever heard Prong's "Forced Fed" album? To me it reminds me of that one.

http://www.tower.com/force-fed-prong-cd/wapi/105765806
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:56 am

Sounds cool.I always liked their earlier stuff best.On Screams and Whispers they got too proggy for my liking.
Back to top Go down

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:03 am

Troublezone wrote:

Cool, someone else remembers Forced Entry! I saw them in Seattle once and they were great.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:22 am

detuned wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Cool, someone else remembers Forced Entry! I saw them in Seattle once and they were great.

Yep good band
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:44 am

Cool news. I only recently got into these guys, but I liked what I heard. I'd be willing to take a listen to this. Bitchin' mustache on that guy to the right, by the way. Was he a band member or just some pizza delivery guy that sneaked into the photo? Very Happy

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:38 am

Great band, but I don't think they sound much of anything like FORCED ENTRY or PRONG (two other bands that I like as well).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Great band, but I don't think they sound much of anything like FORCED ENTRY or PRONG (two other bands that I like as well).

They all have that quirky harmonic thing going on.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:07 pm

Don't tell me you don't hear the similarities??

Anacrusis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2zT4TCGoDQ

Prong - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n56zbCLt0MQ

I'm not talking note for note carbon copy but it's obvious.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Cool news. I only recently got into these guys, but I liked what I heard. I'd be willing to take a listen to this. Bitchin' mustache on that guy to the right, by the way. Was he a band member or just some pizza delivery guy that sneaked into the photo? Very Happy

Anacrusis News B87-CC1-04
Back to top Go down

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'm a big fan of both bands. I don't think they sound the same. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Nevermind... impatient
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:43 pm

Damn that looks interesting. I havne't heard those guys in many, many years. I wasn't into them that much back in the day and sold the only album I had. That tour with D.R.I. was a great show though. The show I saw was ended early by the state police. They just cut the power and went nuts on the crowd. It was a crazy night for sure!
Back to top Go down

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:09 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Nevermind... impatient
Sorry! Haha. I imagine if you knew Anacrusis more you'd understand. Download their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:10 am

Quote :
Sorry! Haha. I imagine if you knew Anacrusis more you'd understand. Download their stuff

I downloaded all four albums and maybe it's just certain songs. One thing i know for sure is that their Reason album is the best IMO.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:44 am

Wow, what a vault of treasures!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:04 am

kmorg wrote:
Wow, what a vault of treasures!

I know, the band isn't shy about sharing their music.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:36 am

That is very cool of them to do. I was listening to Manic Impressions and it brought back some great memories. I haven't heard that album in at least 15 years. I'm looking forward to checking out the others I never heard before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anacrusis News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacrusis News   Anacrusis News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anacrusis News
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: