Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer - Diablos in Musica

Go down 
+12
ultmetal
sam
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Troublezone
INVADERS
SAHB Healer
Lurideath
mc666
manny
fingers
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Slayer - Diablos in Musica Empty
PostSubject: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm

Just wandering how you all rate this album. I personally think its one of their weakest albums of theirs but still I consider it the strongest weak album if you compare to the other big 4 weak albums (Risk, St Anger, Haven't listened to enough Anthrax to know which is their weakest album).

The weak aspects of the album is there's too much punk influence on the album which doesn't surprise me since they released a punk cover album 2 years prior and some of it sounds a little too nu metallish as well. But despite that they still have thrashy riffs and it still sounds like Slayer to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:44 pm

I didn't like it when it first came out, but then re-listened to it a few years later and really liked it. I think it's underrated.

Slayer has never recorded an album that didn't sound like Slayer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:48 pm

detuned wrote:
I didn't like it when it first came out, but then re-listened to it a few years later and really liked it. I think it's underrated.

Agreed.

It's nice when someone else types my thoughts for me.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:56 pm

Make me someone else who agrees with detuned's opinion, first time I heard I thought it was ok at best but over the years I have grown to like this album and it sits comfortably among the rest of Slayer's discography.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:31 am

i have always liked it. it's my least fave Slayer though.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:12 am

I hate this album and feel it was one of the worst albums ever made. Slayer went nu-metal on this one.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:45 am

nu-metal? hardly. they did tune lower though. otherwise it sounds like every other album they've done.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:47 am

It stays on my playlist year after year, so I can't say I dislike it but I've never really warmed up to it either.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:38 am

I've always liked it. Bitter Peace, Scrum and In the Name of God are my favs from the album.
It's a shame they don't play more of this album, or Divine Intervention more live.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:43 am

It's better than Undisputed Attitude but that's not saying much.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:47 am

I like it alright.Its not my favorite but its still got some good songs on it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:03 am

I wasn't crazy about it when I first heard it, but it's grown on me over time. It also helped when I loaded it into my mp3 player. Mixed in with a bunch of other Slayer tunes, it sounds just fine. Probably not the 1st cd I would pick out of their discography however.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:38 am

It's an ok album, I guess. There are 3 or 4 tracks on it that I enjoy and I keep it for that reason. You can tell it's Slayer, but for me it didn't have the aggression and fury I had come to expect from them.

It kind of seemed like a Slayer that was running on autopilot.

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:13 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

It kind of seemed like a Slayer that was running on autopilot.

That's actually the term I'd use to describe Divine Intervention. That album has always been my least favorite Slayer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:15 pm

Quote :
That's actually the term I'd use to describe Divine Intervention. That album has always been my least favorite Slayer.

Agreed.

You've done it again.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:00 pm

Ok listening to this album again. I went and dl'd it just to hear it. I can't get past some of the riffs where they simplified them so damn much that it reeks of Korn or Limp Bizkit.

The opening riff in Bitter Peace, the main riff in Stain of Mind, the entire song of Overt Enemy, and on and on. I guess when they took a lot of these radio type unmetal bands on tour with them really influenced them. There are some serious bad ass riffs that Slayer is known for, but the majority is just blah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:37 pm

I don't hear Korn or Limp Bizkit at all, but everyone's perceptions are different.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:56 pm

slayer is slayer
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:43 pm

[quote="Lurideath"]Ok listening to this album again. I went and dl'd it just to hear it. I can't get past some of the riffs where they simplified them so damn much that it reeks of Korn or Limp Bizkit.
quote]

Limp Bizkit? that is harsh. They most likely would of been pressured by the record company to switch to nu metal which expains why you may hear abit of KoRn but no way Limp Bizkit. But they managed to stand up to the trends and didn't completely sell out to nu metal like MetallicA did with St Anger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Finally scored a copy of this and I actually like it. In particular "Screaming from the Sky" annihilates! What a killer song. I'll have a review up on NLTM soon.

Sadly, I also got a copy of God Hates Us All and I found that one to be a monotonous snooze fest. I think my dislike of the album may be somewhat affected by the album title and lyrical direction, but I gave it several spins before coming to the conclusion that it's just to samey.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:36 pm

I have yet to hear this one. I haven't found a used copy yet.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:39 pm

It's on Amazon cheap.

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Diablos In Musica is awesome (IMHO). Love the fact you can actually hear the frigging BASS on a Slayer record!

God Hates Us All has a few moments, but I agree, overall it basically runs together like one monotonous track. The grating production doesn't help much either.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:34 pm

detuned wrote:
Diablos In Musica is awesome (IMHO). Love the fact you can actually hear the frigging BASS on a Slayer record!

God Hates Us All has a few moments, but I agree, overall it basically runs together like one monotonous track. The grating production doesn't help much either.

Cool. Looks like you and I have similar opinions of these two.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:19 am

i thought GHUA was a shot of adrenaline compared to Diablos. they were both good albums though in my opinion.

i'd rather listen to the worst of Slayer than the best of 80% of everyone else.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer - Diablos in Musica   Slayer - Diablos in Musica Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer - Diablos in Musica
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next