Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC: a lack of creativity?

Go down 
+12
the sentinel
skullsmasher
Glenn Rogers
Olafsto
sam
thejokeriv
metalheaded
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Troublezone
manny
Gilbert
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Empty
PostSubject: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 am

I'm new into AC/DC, and i've noticed that all their albums are alike. Does that mean they lack of musical creativity? All the songs and riffs are so similar...Or is it that they are attached to a certain sound that forged them their identity?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:06 am

No they donot lack musical creativity, this a style they settled on long ago and they have stuck to it, lack of musicial creativity belong to so called artist like Britny Spears or Katy Perry or any other pop singer who is really just a record company and producer's tool.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:09 am

No, it means if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:11 am

Lack of creativity? I think the new CD is very good. Sure it has that AC/DC sound, what else would anyone expect? It's like saying Motorhead are not creative because they sound like Motorhead. They know what they do and they do it well.

Many painters stick to a certain style of painting. They may even stick to a certain range of colors. It helps identify their style. Over the years their paintings may not look exactly alike, but you can definitely tell it's the same artist.

AC/DC have progressed over the years. "Black Rain" does not sound like "Back in Black" which does not sound like "High Voltage". However, all these releases sound like AC/DC.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:18 am

Troublezone wrote:

Exactly. They like what they do and they do it well.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:20 am

I agree.

I don't really listen to them, but I wouldn't say they lack creativity. Those guys defined that particular sound, and are super good at it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:47 am

Uhhh - no, they are creative. It's AC/DC - you know what you get when you buy an AC/DC album. granted, they all have that AC/DC sound, but they are not the same.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 am

Troublezone wrote:
if it ain't broke don't fix it.

exactly cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:53 am

More bands should study AC/DC as a template for how to remain eternally hip 30+ years into their career.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Quote :
I'm new into AC/DC, and i've noticed that all their albums are alike

Really listen and then decide. As has been said they have a core sound but even album to album they show changes, listen to Back In Black and then Flick Of The Switch and you hear the differences. Welcome to the club of AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:35 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
Quote :
I'm new into AC/DC, and i've noticed that all their albums are alike

Really listen and then decide. As has been said they have a core sound but even album to album they show changes, listen to Back In Black and then Flick Of The Switch and you hear the differences. Welcome to the club of AC/DC.

Wise words Emptynumbskull.......
Good to see you back btw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:41 pm

Emptynumbskull, hmmmmm, my wife would say that fits. Thanks though.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:44 am

1 4 5 Rock N Roll!!! Thats what they do best. Look at their album sales. If they try to mix it up with a little Jazz it would not work...God Bless ACDC...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I like what they do too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I'm new into AC/DC, and i've noticed that all their albums are alike. Does that mean they lack of musical creativity? All the songs and riffs are so similar...Or is it that they are attached to a certain sound that forged them their identity?? Shocked
I used to think the same thing. It's why I never bothered listening to them completely until last year. I have changed my stance since then. The riffs really aren't similar, but the sound is. Angus has a guitar tone that is immediately recognizable, on every album. This can make it appear that he's playing the same riff.

But if you dig a little deeper, you'll hear that most albums have their own identity. They do have a few parts of a couple songs that briefly sound like others, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:24 pm

The real key to AC/DC's sound is Malcolm...that guy is a rhythm guitar monster. Check out some live footage and listen to the stuff he plays.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:28 pm

I agree detuned if you watch the 'Let There Be Rock' concert film, during 'High Voltage' Angus' s guitar drops out and Malcolm doesnot miss a beat.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm

It's just their sound. It's good time boogie down rock and roll. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
They do have a few parts of a couple songs that briefly sound like others, though.

happens to all bands from time to time.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:33 pm

detuned wrote:
The real key to AC/DC's sound is Malcolm...that guy is a rhythm guitar monster. Check out some live footage and listen to the stuff he plays.

malcome is the brains behind the whole band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:44 pm

Are people just giving Malcolm credit because they feel bad for him? Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:

No Malcolm is the backbone of that band. Angus is 80% a lead player. His brother is just as important to their sound.
Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

yeah, they like what they do and millions of other fans out there do to.
Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:18 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

No Malcolm is the backbone of that band. Angus is 80% a lead player. His brother is just as important to their sound.

he does alot more than people realize. its actually kinda sad to see all of he crdit angus gets. when you ask sombody " whats the fist thing that comes to your ming when you hear Ac/Dc?" they normally comment on the crazy guy runnin around stage in a little tight out fit, not the guy standing near the back in the shadows. They wouldnt be the same without Malcolm.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:43 pm

I think I read on NLTM that AC/DC even crack on themselves that they have made the same album 14 times. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC: a lack of creativity?   AC/DC: a lack of creativity? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC: a lack of creativity?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next