Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
manny
ultmetal
thejokeriv
9 posters
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Empty
PostSubject: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:52 pm

The above is from the Queesnryche concert I saw back in 91 (building empires tour). That was an awesome show!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:19 am

To this day, Scott's drum set from that time remains the baddest I've ever seen. Those chains were wicked!

I went on a trip to Hawaii a few years back. Maui to be exact. At the Hard Rock Cafe, up on the wall, there was the tri-ryche guitarl. Autographed. Holy crap! I wanted to break in and steal it. That guitar ruled. It would look stupid to play, I think, but just to have it on my wall would kick ass!

This is the guitar:

Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Esp-triryche-guitar

🤘
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:14 am

Eyesore wrote:
To this day, Scott's drum set from that time remains the baddest I've ever seen. Those chains were wicked!

I went on a trip to Hawaii a few years back. Maui to be exact. At the Hard Rock Cafe, up on the wall, there was the tri-ryche guitarl. Autographed. Holy crap! I wanted to break in and steal it. That guitar ruled. It would look stupid to play, I think, but just to have it on my wall would kick ass!

This is the guitar:

Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Esp-triryche-guitar

🤘

That's awesome!!!! That ould good on a wall!!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:22 am

I saw Queensryche for the first time on The Warning tour, opening for KISS and Scott had a cool drum set with chains as well.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:23 am

ultmetal wrote:
I saw Queensryche for the first time on The Warning tour, opening for KISS and Scott had a cool drum set with chains as well.

I bet that was an awesome show!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:27 am

I saw Queensryche twice, once in the mid 80's during their 'Rage with Order' tour and few years ago opening for Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath, excellent shows both times and I was amazed how good Geoff Tate sounded live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:34 am

I saw the Building Empires tour...amazing show!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:01 am

I only saw Queensryche once when they toured with Halford and Maiden. That guitar is awesome, id even play it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:24 am

I believe Rockenfield still drapes his drum kit in chains to this very day.

I saw QR twice (PROMISED LAND tour in '95 and again when they opened for Maiden on the BRAVE NEW WORLD tour) and they were great both times. The Promised Land show was fantastic. I was third row center and when they busted into "NM 156" off "THE WARNING" (my favorite Ryche song EVER!), Geoff Tate saw me goin' nuts, pointed at me and winked 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:26 am

I've seen Building Empires tour (1991), Promised Land tour (1995) and Q2K tour (2000)...all 3 were good, but Kelly Gray stunk up the place with his wah-pedal solos on the Q2K tour...as long as he was doing rhythms and Wilt was doing solos, it was great!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I saw QR twice (PROMISED LAND tour in '95 and again when they opened for Maiden on the BRAVE NEW WORLD tour) and they were great both times. The Promised Land show was fantastic. I was third row center and when they busted into "NM 156" off "THE WARNING" (my favorite Ryche song EVER!), Geoff Tate saw me goin' nuts, pointed at me and winked 🤘

That is awesome, I would love to heard Queensryche play 'NM 156' live, I am surprised not only that play that song live but they have ever played that song live, that to me was one of those deep album cut gems that everyone seems to ignore including the band themselves, a great song.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

i dont think he uses the chains anymore. I got that worthless DVD mindcrime at the moore and i dont remember seeing them. I wanted that live show to be as good as Live Evolution but it didnt come close. I hated the sound and the show itself was kind of just boring. I will never get used to this Queensryche.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:24 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

i dont think he uses the chains anymore. I got that worthless DVD mindcrime at the moore and i dont remember seeing them. I wanted that live show to be as good as Live Evolution but it didnt come close. I hated the sound and the show itself was kind of just boring. I will never get used to this Queensryche.

Yep - that show was kind of boring - they did not play with the anywhere near the intensity when I saw them on the Bulding Empires tour or even on operation livecrime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"NM 156" off "THE WARNING" (my favorite Ryche song EVER!)

Great minds think alike...that's always been one my favorites as well! I probably played that song 5 times as often as any of the other tracks from The Warning.

🤘

Somehow I missed seeing Queensryche live...a major regret.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:46 am

detuned wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Great minds think alike...that's always been one my favorites as well! I probably played that song 5 times as often as any of the other tracks from The Warning.

🤘

"MACHINES HAVE NO CONSCIENCE...." 🤘

I swear, you coulda knocked me over with a feather when they busted into that song when I saw'em in 95. I never dreamed they'd play that one being that it's a bit of an obscure track. I was like "Hooooooly CRAP! YYYYYYYYYYESSSSSS!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:49 am

A quick search of Youtube shows footage of them still doing NM 156 in 2008. I guess they dig it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:52 am

detuned wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

🤘

That is an awesome song off an awwesome album. My favorite track on that CD is roads to madness
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:37 am

detuned wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

🤘

Me too. One of my all time favorite bands, and I have yet to see them live. There aren't many of those bands left.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:41 am

sweet vid and awesome guitar! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh? He must have brought it back then. I know for a long time he didn't use it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:11 pm

This was the opening song of the concert - I forgot good the sounded live back then!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh? He must have brought it back then. I know for a long time he didn't use it.

Mind you I haven't seen QR since the Maiden tour so I could be wrong. It just seems like every time I see a pic of Rockenfield in a magazine or on the Net he's still using the chain-draped set.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:38 pm

I see chains. http://www.rockenwraps.com/dvdblurb.html
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:53 pm

I have had the pleasure of catching the 'Ryche live twice. First was on the Rage tour opening for AC/DC who were promoting the Who Made Who release. Next was on the Empire tour, where they played Mindcrime in full. Very Happy .

I have been a fan for ages. Here's my back in the day 'Ryche story : I own the ep on vinyl which I ordered from 206 Records. I heard them on a Monday night metal show on cable radio back in what, '82/'83? I was so blown away that I so wanted the record as I only had the radio tape I had made. About a week or so later, I went to the local record haunt and picked me up an issue of Kerrang, with a cool review and info on getting the ep. So I did. I remember playing it in my room for about six friends whom I pushed into listening to it at school the day after it had arrived.. My own listening party Laughing .
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:46 pm

I have only seen Queensryche one time. In 2004 at a small club in Providence, RI called Lupo's. Geoff sounded great. My girlfriend and I had seats in the balcony on the left hand side of the stage. The crowd sang along with just about every song. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)   Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awesome Queensryche memory (from back in the day!!!)
Page 1 of 1