Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos

Go down 
+6
SideShowDisaSter
Fat Freddy
Rex
Troublezone
Thrasher73
mc666
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Empty
PostSubject: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Whoa now!

http://www.suicycostreetteam.co.cc

Check out that new ST clip. That's their classic metal sound!

Quote :
In a recent interview with the Great Falls Tribune, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES frontman Mike Muir stated about the song's lyrical content, "There's a lot of people ... their heart's beating and they've got brain waves, but they're not livin.' It's about taking control and standing up and realizing that you're always gonna have an excuse to sit back and wait and see what happens. You've gotta take control. I've gotta take control. I don't want someone else to have that control, and I'll do my best to fight to keep them from having it."

"Come Alive" will be included on "Year Of The Cycos", the first album from the SUICIDAL crew featuring all-new tracks from the "cycos." The CD, which is only available from ST's "Suicyco Street Team" web site, features the following track listing:

01. SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - No Mercy Fool!
02. SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - Come Alive
03. SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - Cyco Side Of The Brain
04. SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - Life's Longer Than One Day
05. INFECTIOUS GROOVES - It's The Groove... Don't Fight It
06. SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right
07. CYCO MIKO - Big Man
08. NO MERCY - Crazy But Proud
09. SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - Cyco Vision (Live At Olympic Auditorium)
10. CYCO MIKO - Beam Me Up
11. INFECTIOUS GROOVES - It's Automatic
12. CYCO MIKO - My Summer Vacation / All Goes To Hell
13. INFECTIOUS GROOVES - Funny Farm
14. SUICIDAL TENDENCIES - The Future's Now!

Check out the "Year Of The Cycos" artwork below.

Drummer Dave Hildago Jr. played his last show with SUICIDAL TENDENCIES in September at the We The People festival in Los Angeles. His full-time replacement is Eric Moore, who previously played with the long-running SUICIDAL side project INFECTIOUS GROOVES. According to the group, "Eric has an unbelievable mixture of power and finesse and the band is extra excited about the upcoming tours."

A brand new SUICIDAL TENDENCIES studio album is expected later in the year.

Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos 3189720184_1cab13334a_o

Gonna have to order this! I didn't even know it was out.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:35 pm

i'd love a new ST album. especially if that new song is a sample of what's to come.

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:52 pm

mc666 wrote:
i'd love a new ST album. especially if that new song is a sample of what's to come.
Apparently this year will bring new albums from ST, Infectious Grooves, and Cyko Miko. Sounds cool to me. I just ordered this new comp. Hopefully there's some exclusive stuff on it.

Curious to know if all the ST songs have a more metal style to them...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm ready for some new Suicidal.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:58 am

I'm looking forward to their new album. And people didn't believe me when i said they were heading back to a more metal sound.

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/heart-of-metal-f1/new-suicidal-tendencies-song-t7639.htm?highlight=suicidal+tendencies
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:48 am

Keeps fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:40 pm

I took my lttle brother to see ST about a month ago. They were selling this disc at the shows, so I got it and have spun it half a dozen times. And I can say, the ST tracks are the best they have done since the 80's [they played a couple live and the pit was vicious, if that is an indicator!]. Even the IG stuff is better than anything ST has done in forever.

I would have to say, between the album and the show - Suicidal is back!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Is Rocky still in the band?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:46 pm

detuned wrote:
Is Rocky still in the band?

Nah, he's been gone for awhile. Last I heard he was playing with the Cro-Mags, I believe??
He did appear onstage with ST for a song or two at some Euro festival last year ... I remember seeing pix of it on Blabbermouth.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Rocky George plays with Fishbone these days.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:49 pm

mc666 wrote:
Rocky George plays with Fishbone these days.

There you go, mc obviously has more accurate info than I do. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:30 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I took my lttle brother to see ST about a month ago. They were selling this disc at the shows, so I got it and have spun it half a dozen times. And I can say, the ST tracks are the best they have done since the 80's [they played a couple live and the pit was vicious, if that is an indicator!]. Even the IG stuff is better than anything ST has done in forever.

I would have to say, between the album and the show - Suicidal is back!!
Wicked!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:54 pm

That clip DEFINITELY sounds like Lights, Camera... era Suicidal! Wow, I would LOVE to hear a new album from Suicidal in that mold!

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Mike Muir is one of the coolest frontmen ever. I love how he stalks around stage.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:45 pm

It's about time there's some new ST coming out.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:51 am

I've only pretty recently got in to these guys (I think it was at Freddy's suggestion after something he said made me look up 'You Can't Bring Me Down' and 'Institutionalised'), so the only album I have at the moment is Lights.... The new song sounds good but Mike's vocals seem a bit weak. Is it quite rare for him to use the more powerful voice he does on songs like 'You Can't Bring Me Down'?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:17 am

Eyesore wrote:
Mike Muir is one of the coolest frontmen ever. I love how he stalks around stage.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:19 am

One of the reasons this new stuff has taken so long to surface is because a couple years ago Mike Muir had back surgery and was recovering.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I agree.

Then you probably wouldn't have wanted to see him on tour in 94. He had some sort of injury and did the show sitting on a couch. Classic moment!!!

Really haven't listened to these guys since that suicidal for life LP. I know they really went back to the punk sound after that but if they are getting more metal I would love to hear it.

By the way did anyone see the TV show one time that was on Discovery channel I believe when they completly redid Mike's house. It was very intense stuff they did to it. just over the top extreme things you would never see in a house. I had this on tape at one time but sadly recorded over it on accident. I would love to see that again some day. This must have been around 2001 or 2002 maybe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:38 pm

The new songs definitely have a metal vibe. So we'll see how the album comes out. The compilation is really cool. The liner notes suggest the No Mercy stuff will be coming out on CD at some point. That would rule.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:58 pm

I like their metal stuff but it doesn't compare to their hardcore stuff. I don't mind a mixture but they better still have some hardcore in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos   Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suicidal Tendencies - Year Of The Cycos
Page 1 of 1