Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Musicians with attitude

Go down 
+14
Addy
James B.
XYZ
Shiney
EvyMetal
Schbopo
Olafsto
nevermore
Stender
stevegarveyfan
MetalGuy71
mc666
SuprimuS
Troublezone
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Musicians with attitude - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians with attitude   Musicians with attitude - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Olafsto wrote:
TED NUGENT sick

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Musicians with attitude   Musicians with attitude - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:18 pm

The singer for Ratt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Musicians with attitude   Musicians with attitude - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:09 am

GG ALLIN
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Musicians with attitude   Musicians with attitude - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:50 am

I heard James Hetfield isn't the friendliest of people after shows. I could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Musicians with attitude   Musicians with attitude - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:16 am

Troublezone wrote:
I heard James Hetfield isn't the friendliest of people after shows. I could be wrong though.

I met Metallica, and I thought they were very nice for the most part. Jason Newsted was the only one that seemed a little strange. Everyone had rushed Lars, so I went to go talk with Jason, but he seemed to just get to his hotel room. It wasn't that he was mean; he just wasn't overtly friendly either. He would talk to you as he was walking away. Lars, James, Kirk would not only stand there and talk with you, but actually look at you (like they were paying attention). There were about 10-15 of us at the hotel, and they listened to us all. They signed everything, and this was around 2:00 in the morning. Lars even stated to come back in the morning if they wanted anything else signed. They were cool as hell. I've always heard this was the general consensus as it pertained to their relationship with their fans.

I think Lars has the image he does due to the whole Napster issue, and the fact that he is the spokesperson for the band, and is the one that has to deal with damage control. For instance, it's widely noted that St. Anger has God awful production, but Lars will openly defend anything the band does. This tends to tick some people off, because he's the type that wears his emotions on his sleeve. They should probably have Kirk be the spokesperson for the band; he would break under pressure easier than Lars.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Musicians with attitude   Musicians with attitude - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:50 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I met Metallica, and I thought they were very nice for the most part. Jason Newsted was the only one that seemed a little strange. Everyone had rushed Lars, so I went to go talk with Jason, but he seemed to just get to his hotel room. It wasn't that he was mean; he just wasn't overtly friendly either. He would talk to you as he was walking away. Lars, James, Kirk would not only stand there and talk with you, but actually look at you (like they were paying attention). There were about 10-15 of us at the hotel, and they listened to us all. They signed everything, and this was around 2:00 in the morning. Lars even stated to come back in the morning if they wanted anything else signed. They were cool as hell. I've always heard this was the general consensus as it pertained to their relationship with their fans.

I think Lars has the image he does due to the whole Napster issue, and the fact that he is the spokesperson for the band, and is the one that has to deal with damage control. For instance, it's widely noted that St. Anger has God awful production, but Lars will openly defend anything the band does. This tends to tick some people off, because he's the type that wears his emotions on his sleeve. They should probably have Kirk be the spokesperson for the band; he would break under pressure easier than Lars.

That's funny because in one of those behind the music things it was the exact opposite than what you said. It portrayed Jason as the only one that went out of his way to greet the fans. Kirk was a bit shy James the hard ass and Lars also mingled with the fans but in a loud mouth kinda way.
don\'t know
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Musicians with attitude   Musicians with attitude - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

That's funny because in one of those behind the music things it was the exact opposite than what you said. It portrayed Jason as the only one that went out of his way to greet the fans. Kirk was a bit shy James the hard ass and Lars also mingled with the fans but in a loud mouth kinda way.
don\'t know

I can't remember who she was, but there was a female rock critic who stated on that airing of Behind The Music that if you're a fan of Metallica, and no matter how long you're waiting for an autograph, the band will stick around and make sure everyone is taken care of. Not that the group we had was big, but the band not only stayed around to sign everything, but they listened to a bunch of fans tell them their personal stories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musicians with attitude   Musicians with attitude - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musicians with attitude
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2