Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Empty
PostSubject: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:54 am

Quote :
11/8/08
Remixed and remastered SLAVE TO THE MACHINE (with 2 bonus tracks, "Live" from the Warner Theater).

The release date set for Jan. 27th. 2009 through Perris Records.

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:59 am

This band is out of control. I only own Cool From The Wire, though. =(
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:11 am

This album has been out of print for a long time and sells for stupid amounts of money on Ebay, so I think it was a wise decision to put it back in print. It definitely needed a proper mixing and mastering. I have the original and the mix was all over the place.

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:14 am

There's a couple early albums around here used, but they're like $20. Rare or not, that's too much for a band I know little about.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:17 am

I have Cool From the Wire and Turn of the Screw. If I remember right some members from this band did a side project called Rumble Dog that was pretty cool. I like this band as well, wish they had had more commercial success over the years. Kind of had a AC/DC - Rhino Buckett like vibe but took it their own direction.

I'll have to look for this new release.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:23 am

skullsmasher wrote:
I have Cool From the Wire and Turn of the Screw. If I remember right some members from this band did a side project called Rumble Dog that was pretty cool. I like this band as well, wish they had had more commercial success over the years. Kind of had a AC/DC - Rhino Buckett like vibe but took it their own direction.

I'll have to look for this new release.

Their first major label release did well for them, reaching Gold I believe. The follow-up didn't do as well, unfortunately. Too bad, it's an equally great album IMO. After that Sony relegated them to "who cares" status and put them on their sub-labels giving them no advertising whatsoever. Really a crime since "Five Easy Pieces" was their best album yet.

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:29 am

I think they are being distributed through Perris Records now. At least they were a few years ago. Lots of cool bands that got dropped by the major labels a while back went to Perris and have been putting out good stuff. They are kind of pricey but it is a good place to find out what is happening with some of these mostly forgotten bands. It really is a crime when there are bands like so many mentioned on this forum that don't get the time of day and you see bands like Fergie (sp) that are all over the place.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:48 am

"In Your Face" is still my favorite Dirty Looks LP. It was the album that came out just before "Cool from the Wire". There is a copy on Ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIRTY-LOOKS-IN-YOUR-FACE-ORIGINAL-LP-STILL-SEALED_W0QQitemZ330298742846QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item330298742846&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:53 am

What do you think of Gasoline and Chewing On The Bit?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:58 am

skullsmasher wrote:
What do you think of Gasoline and Chewing On The Bit?

Chewing on the Bit is a good CD. It's sleaze metal/hard rock with a big blues influence. It was produced by infamous metal producer Max Norman.

Gasoline is one of their newer CDs. Personally I like it. They have taken on a slightly more modern edge, without forsaking their sound completely. My full review is here:
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/dirtylooks.htm

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Quote :
Hi,
great page you have on Dirty Looks, here's the latest news for your site
on Dirty Looks "Slave to the Machine" reissue (you could pick up the new
cover on my welcome page, slightly different than the one from 1996) :

This remastered reissue will comes out with a different track order and 2
bonus tracks recorded live from the Warner Theater show in Erie, PA on
October 5th 2008.

1. Murder for money
2. Slave in the machine
3. Droperidol
4. A better way
5. Anesthesia
6. The hole
7. Feelings of dread
8. Quite so high
9. Getting even
10. Jaw breaker
11. The rotten kind
12. Last crack
13. Better off dead
14. Everythings gonna be alright (Bonus Track Live)
15. Let there be rock (Bonus Track Live)

You can already hearing 2 remastered tunes ('Murder For Money' and
'Droperidol') from this re-release on www.myspace.com/dirtylookseurope

Keep spreading the word.
Thanks a million
Lionel

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:09 pm

I realy love their last album, CALIFORNIA FREE RIDE (and much better than GASOLINE) and have some of their albums but not SLAVE TO THE MACHINE but will buy it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:21 pm

krokus wrote:
I realy love their last album, CALIFORNIA FREE RIDE (and much better than GASOLINE) and have some of their albums but not SLAVE TO THE MACHINE but will buy it.

I like California Free Ride a lot too.

I spoke to Henrik on the phone a couple months ago. Real nice guy. Hard to understand. His gravely singing voice is not much different from his speaking voice. LOL!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
krokus wrote:

I like California Free Ride a lot too.

I spoke to Henrik on the phone a couple months ago. Real nice guy. Hard to understand. His gravely singing voice is not much different from his speaking voice. LOL!

Very Happy , same with LEMMY lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine   Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dirty Looks to re-release Slave to the Machine
Page 1 of 1