Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Falconer

Go down 
+7
Olafsto
Todd Jaymz
scottmitchell74
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
ghost
sovdat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Falconer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:46 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Got the new one. It's very good!!

How bout a review Scotty?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Falconer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:48 am

I never even finished the new one. Couldn't stand it. Glad you could give it a loving home Scott.

Falconer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:52 am

I'm not understanding why people like Northwind but not Beggars. You could intertwine the songs and hardly tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Falconer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:55 am

Oh, Thrasher. I'm such a boring reviewer.

Basically, it's typical(ly) good Falconer in the vein of all the Blad ones. The guitar work is stellar as usual. Maybe not as all-over crunchy, but it's very speedy and the solos are nice.

There are quite a few nice female vocals mixed in and a few non-English lyric songs (which I think work well in this genre. Lends and authentic feel to the songs).

Toho will be listening to Jay-Z soon enough. He's slipping! (thanks for the cd deal!) Very Happy lol!

If you like the Blad Falconers of the past, I can't imagine you not liking this one Thrasher (Toho's feelings not withstanding)
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Falconer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:56 am

Yeah, what Nazgul said.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Falconer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:01 pm

It's the songs. I don't hear nearly as much of the folk/Celtic influences. Plus I didn't hear nearly as many hooks. Blad still sounds great but I didn't like the songs at all.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Falconer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 4:11 pm

I think the new falconer rocks a lot. Its fast and blad has a great voice still...

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Falconer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:00 pm

I do really like his voice. Unique for the style of music they perform.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Falconer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:39 pm

I got a promo of the new one from Metalblade and boy the singer sounds bored to death. Makes it hard to listen to. I'm very disappointed, I thought I'd like it better. That and all the song sound the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Falconer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falconer   Falconer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Falconer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2