Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Falconer - Black Moon Rising

Go down 
+4
Lari
tohostudios
corplhicks
scottmitchell74
8 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Falconer - Black Moon Rising Empty
PostSubject: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:00 pm

One of my truly favorite bands. I just got this album the other day and it's endlessly playable. They never went away for me, so there's no comeback to speak of, just an incredible band nailing it once again.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:46 pm

The music slays, but what a weird vocalist. Does he sing like that through the entire album?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:56 pm

corplhicks wrote:
The music slays, but what a weird vocalist. Does he sing like that through the entire album?

I like Falconer's vocals; I much prefer the baritone delivery of this guy compared with the castrato vocals of "metal icons" like Dickinson and Halford; I think that's one of the things that makes Falconer stand out.  Just my opinion of course....

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I like Falconer's vocals; I much prefer the baritone delivery of this guy compared with the castrato vocals of "metal icons" like Dickinson and Halford; I think that's one of the things that makes Falconer stand out.  Just my opinion of course....

I could probably get used to him; it's not a bad style, just unusual.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:27 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I could probably get used to him; it's not a bad style, just unusual.

Yeah, it is.  That's probably why this is another PM band I still pay interest to. 

Check this one out; it has a Celtic sort of vibe to it:

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:31 pm

I've been meaning to get into this band. I know a few of their songs and I wanted to buy a record of theirs a couple of years ago when I was in Sweden, but couldn't find one. Would have made a good memento.

Now if I buy one it's probably just going to sit on the shelf for a long time.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:35 pm

Lari wrote:
I've been meaning to get into this band. I know a few of their songs and I wanted to buy a record of theirs a couple of years ago when I was in Sweden, but couldn't find one. Would have made a good memento.

Now if I buy one it's probably just going to sit on the shelf for a long time.

That's kind of the way I am with the whole PM genre nowadays.  I bought a TON of it several years ago and I guess I just got burnt out on the style.  But I still appreciate bands like Sabaton and Falconer.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 pm

Falconer has received a ton of accolades over the years, but I cannot stand their vocals...

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:49 pm

I think it was the unique sounding vocals that actually grabbed my attention.

The song was this:

Oh and this

That's good shit.

I believe they had them on their website.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 am

I think the vocalist has a theatre or opera background...something like that...but was recruited to sing some metal and now he's been their main guy 90% of the time. For Falconer die-hards, his vocals are a huge part of the equation. That said, I'm in the minority when I say that I love Grime -vs- Grandeur. Great album that usually gets killed by others.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 8:03 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I think the vocalist has a theatre or opera background

Theatre as far as I'm aware, and I think the reason that he left the band for a while was that his theatrical commitments meant that it was difficult for the band to perform live and go on tour with him as the vocalist.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Love Falconer. I still think the first one is the best but Northwinds was very good and I am excited to hear this one.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:20 am

I quite like the vocals as they are well within my range. I can sing along to the music without sounding like a screeching cat (something I usually cover with high volume).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:34 am

I love Grave Digger so Falconer is very good to my ears.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 6:48 pm

I ended up buying Chapters From a Vale Forlorn after all. It's actually very consistent and sounds great. The vocalist really stands out from the typical power metal tenors.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 7:00 pm

Lari wrote:
I ended up buying Chapters From a Vale Forlorn after all. It's actually very consistent and sounds great. The vocalist really stands out from the typical power metal tenors.

Yep!  That's what drew me to the band as well.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 8:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Lari wrote:

Yep!  That's what drew me to the band as well.

Same here, and as said earlier, he sings in a range similar to mine so I can sing along without having the volume turned high enough to drown me out (which is how I have to sing along to most of my favorite music).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falconer - Black Moon Rising   Falconer - Black Moon Rising Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Falconer - Black Moon Rising
Page 1 of 1