Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

best Fight album

Go down 
+13
manny
DallasBlack
Troublezone
INVADERS
mc666
sam
MetalRob331
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
powermacho
Temple of Blood
fingers
17 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:24 pm

war of worlds its got to be I recently got small deadly space and even tho it has got some good songs it sounds too grungy and alternative I was also reading ult's review and was gobsmacked and that he gave it a positive review. Anyway I think Rob Halford has the problem as Geof Tate when it comes to grunge their voices are too high pitched for grunge they are more suited to classic metal but mind you Rob Halford sounds brilliant on war of world which I guess youd label groove (Pantera style) metal
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:28 pm

I think most everyone will say "War of Words" is the better of the two.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:33 pm

war of words was a great album, from beginning to the end. I don't know why they didn't get famous in the 90's, since it had grunge on it and some pantera stuff.
Back to top Go down

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:00 pm

When did Fight or Queensryche do grunge? It never happened.

Anyway, War of Words is awesome, and the better album. A Small Deadly Space is really good, though. That's why Ult gave it a positive review.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:20 pm

War of Words for me. Not a weak song on there.I never really cared for Small Deadly Space (bought it as a new release).Anyone ever hear Christmas Ride ? I believe it was just a single released by them. Pretty good song.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:55 pm

War of Words is a classic! Small Deadly Space, not so much. I bought it as a new release, didn't care for it, sold it. Years go by, having a hole in my Halford discography bothered me, so I re-acquired it ... and I still didn't dig it, so I traded it off again.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:58 pm

War of Words

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:59 pm

War of Words not a bad song on there.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:00 pm

war of fricken words! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:09 am

Eyesore wrote:
When did Fight or Queensryche do grunge? It never happened. .

If you listen to small deadly space it has alot of grunge influence even though it has more metal influence and since its labeled a metal album. With Queensryche doing grunge listen to Hear now in the Frontier and Q2k and a few songs on Promised Land like I am I
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:32 am

i prefer A Small Deadly Space. i think they came into their own as a band on that album. i also prefer Halford's Crucible over Resurrection. for pretty much the same exact reason too.

fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:34 am

mc666 wrote:
i prefer A Small Deadly Space. i think they came into their own as a band on that album. i also prefer Halford's Crucible over Resurrection. for pretty much the same exact reason too.

True thats when the rest of the band contributed in a big way so a very good point the album may grow on me later on I have only listened to it once or twice and I then can make a full poinion on the album but at the moment I think War of Words is better
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:14 am

A Small Deadly Space, although both albums are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 6:15 am

War of Words
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:46 am

Make that another one for War Of Words.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:48 am

War of the Worlds for me also
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 pm

War Of Words for me too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:02 am

I honestly didn't care for either one when they first came out. I had them both and then sold them off. Just in the last 2 years or so, I've bought them both again and enjoy them both. If I had to pick, though, I'd go with War of Words.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:07 am

Well, i'm glad that this question hasn't turned into a War Of Words. Razz
Back to top Go down

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:16 am

fingers wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

If you listen to small deadly space it has alot of grunge influence even though it has more metal influence and since its labeled a metal album. With Queensryche doing grunge listen to Hear now in the Frontier and Q2k and a few songs on Promised Land like I am I
I'm a huge Queensryche fan, and they never did grunge. "Grunge influence" means what? If Deicide busts out an acoustic song, is that country influenced?
Back to top Go down

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:17 am

troublezone wrote:
Well, i'm glad that this question hasn't turned into a War Of Words. Razz
I'm trying.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:40 am

I really didn't want to like this band because I always felt Halford had no other place than with Priest but as time went on I grew to really like all of his solo stuff, with the exception of Voyures (sp) have not heard it. But both Fight albums are really good. I would go with "War of Words" from the two
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:27 am

Eyesore wrote:
fingers wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'm a huge Queensryche fan, and they never did grunge. "Grunge influence" means what? If Deicide busts out an acoustic song, is that country influenced?

But they're from Seattle. Don't you know, any band from Seatlle is grunge. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:50 am

War of Words
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
fingers wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Dude those albums I mentioned above have the labels "alternative and "grunge" written all over them and they are considered to be Queensryche's weakest albums well not Promised Land that album rules even though I think it is the "for those who don't like Queensryche album"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

best Fight album Empty
PostSubject: Re: best Fight album   best Fight album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

best Fight album
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: