Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)

Go down 
+5
MetalRob331
Required Fields
Shiney
mc666
AchrisK
9 posters
AuthorMessage

I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Empty
PostSubject: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 4:39 pm

Does anyone here have the Marilyn Manson official release of the Spooky Kids material? What is it like? Is it as good as Portrait Of An American Family, better, worse?
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 11:32 pm

real long shot...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 11:46 am

sick

Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 4:34 pm

While I do like the first 4 MANSON discs ("Portrait...", "Smells...", "Antichrist"..., and "Mechanical Animals"...

I found all those bootlegs of earlier material to be crap...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 4:38 pm

I have a few Manson cds. I really like the first one, Portrait. It is really different then the others. I know there were a few songs that did not make it to Portrait, I would like to hear those songs. If it isn't worth it though forget it. None of that stuff is cheap

I was reading the Manson bio. I had no idea he grew up in his younger days on all the bands I like. Kiss, Judas Priest. I also read he still collects Kiss memorabilia. Thought that was really cool
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 4:46 pm

I saw MANSON like 5 times in concert and by the 3rd time, I got to talk to him a little. very soft spoken and smart, He was...and friendly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 7:49 pm

Yes, he is a very intelligent man. He went to college, has studied religion and philosophies. I was a little bothered that in his book he said he used to beat on his mother. Marilyn Manson was based off of other artists that influenced him. Kiss, Alice Cooper. He did alot of very original things in the band, and in the early days, he did all the legwork for the band. He is a smart guy. I am kind of surprised they are still putting music out. I really thought there 15 minutes was up a while back
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 9:13 pm

I'm not a fan of his music, but he is an extremely intelligent guy, and seems like he'd be a great guy to talk to in person. I'd be his friend if I had the opportunity to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Portrait is one of my fav albums, other then Portrait and the one after it they lost me. When Daisy Berkowitz left MM died imo

Last edited by on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:26 pm

cant stand manson to be honest as a guy although i have never met him so obviusly i cant and wont judge him. i dont have any of his cds but the few well known songs of his seem ok
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:51 pm

I never understood all the whoop-de-doo about Manson honestly... he's got a couple of OK songs I guess, but back in the late 90s the constant talk of him being some kind of "visionary" got a little tiresome. To me he just comes across as a mish-mash of KISS, David Bowie, Alice Cooper, and a touch of GWAR.

I'll give him credit, he does seem to come across as a pretty smart cookie in his interviews. Of course, nobody actually listens to him speak cuz they're too focused on the fact that he's wearing ripped fishnet stockings and has a different colored contact lens in each eye.

I used to work with a girl who was over the moon for the guy, and at the time it seemed like every magazine I bought had a pin up/poster of Manson in it, so I used to tear them out and give them to her with fake autographs on 'em (i.e. "To my number one fan, Martha, love Marilyn")... she of course thought this was totally hilarious and would proudly hang them over her desk. If someone asked her if the autograph was legit she'd say "Yeah!" just to mess with everyone's heads.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:51 pm

nice anecdote
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 5:30 pm

I saw Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids live in Ybor City back in the late 80's opening up for the Impontent Sea Snakes, and I thought they sucked, a few years later pass and my friend who is a few years younger than me, hands me his favorite new artist cd, Marilyn Manson, I told them they were horrible but out of curiosity I let him throw his cd on, and I was shocked, this did not sound like the same band I saw live, the cd was actually very good, you can find those early demos on ebay and even seen them being sold at Hot Topic but beware it is nothing like they sound like on their first proper album " Portrait of American Family" and forward.
Not major fan and IMO slightly overrated but good artist, who's best album "Holy Wood" was not a major commerical success, it figures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 5:47 pm

"Potrait" is a classic, in my opinion. Not because he became such a larger-than-life character but because it's just a fantastic album from start to finish. I'm still a big fan, but everything since has been hit or miss. A wee bit miss, that is, but not as all-around solid as the debut.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I used to work with a girl who was over the moon for the guy, and at the time it seemed like every magazine I bought had a pin up/poster of Manson in it, so I used to tear them out and give them to her with fake autographs on 'em (i.e. "To my number one fan, Martha, love Marilyn")... she of course thought this was totally hilarious and would proudly hang them over her desk. If someone asked her if the autograph was legit she'd say "Yeah!" just to mess with everyone's heads.

And today your happily married to eachother lol
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:58 pm

quite a good live act though i dont own or listen to any of his work
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:04 pm

Portait was and is still one of my favorite discs ever. That cd is so good imo. After Daisy left the band was crap imo..
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:51 pm

my dad owns a copy of his latest album and it is one of the worst albums i have ever heard

although i cant comment on other albums having only heard a few songs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:48 pm

TheGooch wrote:
my dad owns a copy of his latest album and it is one of the worst albums i have ever heard

although i cant comment on other albums having only heard a few songs
So full of positivity today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)   I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I know this is a long shot here (Marilyn Manson)
Page 1 of 1